Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
scenic route
!
I also carry a 20# LP tank.
I use it for my portable grill, a Buddy Heater a Coleman oven and sometimes a LP lantern.

BTW, are you aware that the 20# exchange bottles/tanks, (from Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.) are NOT FULL?
According to the information printed on the label they contain only 15#, (3.5 gal) of propane!.
If/when you have an empty 20# tank filled, or refilled, you will leave with 20#, (4.7 gal). of propane.
(Read the label or see: The Truth About Filling 20 LB BBQ Grill Propane Tanks | Web Design Greenville SC)

Mel
'96 Safari
Oh, good grief...another rip to check out. I still have the 'full' bottle - I'll take it to Publix and weigh it. If it's so, I'll have to go back to having my bottles filled. The reason I started using pre-filled bottles was because of that huge filler hose they use that I pay to have filled that never makes it into my bottle. It may be a game that can't be won. I'll check it out...Thanks for the tip.

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a full set of hoses.. I have the genuine Extend-A-Stay by marshall Brass back when they still made 'em. (They sold that line off it appears) with two 10' hoses to hook to my grill.

I have the 5' hose so I can use my 20 pounder to feed the MH if the main tank goes dry on me. Have used it a time or two.

I have the hose that lets me use the 20 pounder with the grill (Hose has one end that looks like the top of that one pound bottle).

In short, Propane nirvana. The only thing I can not do is tank-Tank transfer.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
Oh, good grief...another rip to check out. I still have the 'full' bottle - I'll take it to Publix and weigh it. If it's so, I'll have to go back to having my bottles filled. It may be a game that can't be won. I'll check it out...Thanks for the tip.
scenic route
My thoughts exactly!

All propane tanks have their empty weight, (aka: "tare weight", or "T.W."), stamped on the collar of the tank.

"20 lb tanks" have a "tare weight" of +/- 17 pounds when completely empty.

A "full" 20 lb propane tank will weigh about 37 pounds.... (the tare weight + 20 lb of propane).

Mel
Old 04-18-2014, 07:31 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ View Post
All you need is an adapter hose like this one: Here

I bought this hose and I can't get any propane to flow from the tank to my BBQ. I have a Weber Q. I tried someone else's hose of a different sort and it worked fine on my Q. huh! I just tried the 20# bottle and hose on my other small black Weber, (not a Q) and it works fine. What's the difference? The regulators are different.
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnailer View Post
Bought this one yesterday at Wallyworld. Works just fine with my Weber grill and my Coleman 2 burner stove.

Purchase the Coleman 5' Propane Hose and Adapter for less at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

Didn't ever bring an extra propane tank camping until we started camping where there were burn bans and I bought a Little Red Campfire fire pit.

This is the hose the other fellows had. This one worked on my Weber Q.

FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank