Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-31-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
BE DAMN CAREFULL could happen to you!!

I am posting notes to myself and my ionsurance on a SCAM that was tried on me on Vegas!! Expensive looking RV with a come sue me look??? Of course she did find a lawer who took the case???

At approximately 11:00 am on September 30th I was at the exit of the RoadRunner RV park, located at 4711 Boulder Highway. I had just left my site in the park and had come to a complete stop in the park exit driveway. I was waiting for traffic to clear so I could turn right onto the one way Boulder Highway. While I was sitting I heard someone yelling. When I turned right and started out onto the highway ( perhaps 10 feet) I again heard someone yelling. I thought perhaps I had left a cargo door open and someone from the office was trying to get my attention. I again stopped and looked in the mirrors. A women was on the highway several feet to the left of the RV and several feet from the curb. She was yelling that I had hit her. I said that was impossible. She would have had to walk into the left side of the RV. She kept screaming "give me everything you have with you right now"!! She repeated this over and over all the time she was holding onto her right ankle. I said this was a scam and I would't give her anything. I turned onto the oneway and started on my way. She stood up and threw her cell phone at me. She then moved further out into the highway and laid down.. I decided that I had better go back so she could not say I was a hit and run. As I was turning at the next light I could see a patrol car had stopped. After I went around the block and pulled back into the park I was met by several people that said they saw the whole thing and she wasn't anywhere near the RV. They said she just lay down on the highway close to my RV and started screaming. They told the police the same thing and filed a statement. There names and contact info are as follows Donald , Chris . Several others also witnessed the incident.
The police told me she had changed her story three times when the questioned her. They told me that the ambulance paramedics confronted her about no bruising, swelling, or damage to the skin. She had no answers for the questions. When the officers
confronted her she changed her story and said it wasn't her ankle it now was her back?? The officer told me she had just been released from jail 30 days ago and had several outstanding warrants.
This was a scam from the very beginning and all she wanted was "everything I had with me"

FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2011, 07:32 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
What is wrong with people these days!!!! Glad you had witnesses and were able to escape this lunatics charges!

Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and our cat BooBoo.
2004 37' Holiday Rambler Vacationer
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
Not uncommon in Tampa Florida these days, The news last week said that about 1/3 of our insurance is paid for this kind of scam.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The woman is obviously in need of money for food and shelter.. Perhaps the State of Nevada could satisfy her needs for a period of time.

First however: You need to make a police report (it is not clear if you did that, if you did, good) and then they can invite her to live at state, or at least county, expense for a period of days to be decided upon by the judge who will issue her reward for her attempt at fraud.

For those who are humor impaired:

She has comitted a serious crime and deserves a long term visit to either jail or prison.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
Hey! This post is slanderous of that woman who just happened to be, ummm..... my MOM! yeah, it was my MOM and I'm gonna SUE YOU!!!

People can be horrible. This whole country is sue crazy.
Lawdawg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Hey, it's Vegas Baby!! East side of town is just darn scary.

Fred and Bonnie
2005 Dolphin LX 6375
Abby, Ruffles & Scarlett, "The Cats"
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Unfortunately it's gotten pretty bad with the homeless in that area of town in the past couple of years, especially along the areas in front of the RV parks. There is a vacated RV park beside Arizona Charlie's RV park that has become a haven for them and that problem runs all the way down to the area where Eastside Cannery is located. I understand that the theft problem has gotten pretty bad. It's a shame, we've staye in the RV there a couple of times while house hunting and periodocally used to go there for their buffet.
Stan, Shirley & 2 Schnauzers (Sandy & Sassy)
RV: 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F
USAF, Retired, Life Member: VSPA, DVA, VVA, VFW
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
Clearly an EDP, emotionally disturbed person.....
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by GENECOP View Post
Clearly an EDP, emotionally disturbed person.....

Nah! A HOG (Hand Out Generation)
Stan, Shirley & 2 Schnauzers (Sandy & Sassy)
RV: 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F
USAF, Retired, Life Member: VSPA, DVA, VVA, VFW
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:29 PM   #10
Country Coach Owners Club
Give me everything you have right now? How crazy is that?! Like you're going to do that for any reason?! Glad it all turned out okay . . . I hadn't thought about an expensive looking rv having a come sue me look but it makes sense!
John & Cathy Lamb
45' Marathon XLII
num1dgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #11
Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Its a real shame that things like this are getting more commonplace. I myself don't see it getting better anytime soon. My wife and I have been working and rebuilding our pace arrow and we live hand to mouth so we can soon enjoy a way of life we've both been looking forward to. I'm hoping that we don't have to deal with idiots like you did who think we will have something to give up to them willingly. Its just not going to happen. Not all RV'rs have a bunch of money but I'd be willing to bet that 99.9% of RV'rs stick together and enjoy sharing stories and relaxing out by a small campfire and place no worth on the amount of money one has over the other.
1979 "Vintage" Pace Arrow 28 Ft,
Ragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #12
Monaco Owners Club
WOW quite an experience! Doesn't sound like she had any credibility with the police, but was still good you had witnesses. Darn nice of them to step forward!

Dennis & Marcie & Hook The Jack Russell, 2001 HR Imperial 38wds 350 Cummins, 07 Chevy Trailblazer/Blue Ox/Ready Brake, 04 Dodge 3500 Cummins,
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote