Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Beachwood Resort Washington

I have won a "Free" membership at Beachwood Resorts in Washington and told all I have to do is pay the annual fees. It sounds like a good deal where I get free camping there and cost me $10 per night at other parks. I would like to know what others say? Is it a good deal or are the camp sites always full? We are planning on going across the USA and back through Canada this summer, so we will be doing a lot of camping. We figure it will take 3 months and will most likely be away from mid June to mid Septenber. I would like to save where I can!

Would appreciate your comments.

Waggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
It's in Blaine, WA right on the border between Washington and Canada. In the summer it could be busy. I would check it out because there has to be a catch if it only costs $10 a night or it could be a wreck of a place. Do they have a website. If so look them up.

2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS
1997 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually
Go Dawgs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #3

Busy place. Annual frees. I would do some math against probable number of visits.
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What did you do to "Win" this? I can't count the number of cruises, free CG memberships, I have won over the years. There is always a catch and after visiting one - I will never do it again. All it takes is a phone call and you will know if you are a lucky winner or a fish on the line. You will know the hook is set when your eyes cross. JMHO - approach with caution.
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
Freightliner Owners Club
uhmmm....so where did you enter this contest????
02 Fleetwood Discovery 37U, 330 Cat pulling a 2006 diesel Liberty..or..2011 4dr Wrangler..or..20' Lund Salmon/Halibut Hunter
csrrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #6
Country Coach Owners Club
We live in Birch Bay and have stayed in Beachwood one time while we were building our house. Notice I said one time as it was enough. The park is half park models, the other half rv sites. There was, and still might be, some legal action happening with the park. I think the park is run down and wouldn't be interested in a free membership.

If you are just passing through, there is Birch Bay State Park and a few other campgrounds across from the water in Birch Bay
dons2346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #7
They have a website.
I won the membership through Camping World I was told.
Waggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:46 AM   #8
National RV Owners Club
Funny I always thought winning something meant you didn't have to pay for it. It is a funny kind of win where you have to pay the annual fee. Never was fond of the business model where you pay money in order to spend your money.
1999 - National Tropi Cal
sirpurrcival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:33 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looks like they are part of both RPI and C2C, so plenty of access to other resorts when you travel. However, each of those clubs has an annual fee, in addition to whatever Beachwood's own annual fees may be.

Do some arithmetic about the annual costs vs the number of stays you may want to use. Typically these freebies are just another way to get a long term paying member on the hook. They waive the upfront membership fee but you sign a contract that commits you to annual dues forever. The only think you won is the right to send them checks on a regular basis.

There is nothing bad about membership campgrounds and timesharing clubs, as long as you actually use them enough nights per year to get your money's worth.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #10
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You should see (and smell) it first. I worked 27 years in the the neighboring refinery directly up wind. We used to go to their store/deli at lunch.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix) Formerly of Bellingham,WA'05 Winnebago Journey 36G. FL-XC, Cat 350, aero muffler, AFE filter, 4 FSD Koni's, ultra track bell, SafeT+, FMCA397030, WIT 129107
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #11
Beachwood Resort, Blaine Wa

I have recently have had numerous calls from Beachwood Resort trying to get me to use their services. They use the "hook" that I have won a contest. This is a lie as I never enter any contests. When I go to a trade show I never enter any of the free draws for this exact reason. Even after I was very emphatic that I was not interested I kept getting calls. The last call I received was at a time that I was waiting for an extremely important call and I had to get very demanding to be taken off their call list. The technique that they used can be nothing less than harassment. I would never use their establishment if for no other than for their high pressure sales approach.
jsmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #12
I Won!!!

I also just "won" a 2k buy-in at Beachwood resort through camping world. They left a message making it sound like they've been trying ot notify me of this for awhile. Also notifying me that it's a limited time and if I don't respond they'll have to refer to their backlog. Here's the phone number they left so people can google this: 1(800) 647-0844

I believe they got my info when I signed up for a membership at camping world.

Thanks for the heads up everyone!
BBoondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #13

We got one of those membership things to Beachwood from Camping World RV in Burlington, WA when we joined there membership. We have seen the place as we live near by and it is packed in the summer with mostly Canadians. Never used the membership. Kind of a scuzzy looking place. There is a nice Birch Bay State Park a mile or two away.

2005 Sportscoach Elite 40' C-7 350 Cat w/MP-8
Suzuki Samurai toad w/VW 1.6 turbo diesel
800w solar system
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
Monaco Owners Club
Beachwood is owned by K/M Resorts who own 9 resorts in Washington state and one in Oregon. My guess is you won a membership in Beachwood only and are required to attend some type of meeting to claim your prize. During that meeting you will be subject to a high pressure sales pitch to upgrade your membership to include all the parks; naturally at a substantial discount. This will be a one time offer. If you refuse the upgrade and accept the Beachwood membership you will be responsible for yearly dues of probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $350 to $400 a year for a one park membership (how much will you use it?). K/M is notorious for overselling their parks and even if they tell you you can always get in ask for that in writing and also that it will be in a normal campsite and not an overflow field or parking lot. Also if you accept the free membership get in writing what you would have to do should you ever want to discontinue it.

We actually like the K/M parks but not their sales tactics.

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ , ISL 400
2014 Ford Explorer toad
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote