Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bed Bugs: Oasis Village RV Park

Where is this place?...it only states Bakersfield. This is truly disgusting!

Residents of the Oasis Village RV Park in Bakersfield, Calif., are dealing with a serious bedbug infestation. Residents are covered from head to toe with bites. The RV park owner told residents to "Get a can of Raid" when asked to help. City code says park owner and residents are both responsible. Getting rid of bedbugs requires tossing belongings, re-carpeting and fumigating. See what it looks like to be bitten.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #2

Here is the story from Woodall's. Sounds like it doesn't affect transients, just permanent trailers.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
EngineerMike,

I saw this, but it does not state a street address. We like to stay at Bakersfield RV Resort on the way to Havasu each spring...this is a beautiful place, I just want to be sure it's plenty far away.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I did a quick search in the yellow pages and RV Park Reviews (on line) neither has this park listed. Sounds like a real bottom end "scary mary" park

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #5

I'm guessing its really one of the old mobile home parks that takes in an occasional RV (might also have permanent RV dwellers), but also owns several of the mobiles-as-rentals that are the subject of the bedbug flap.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
You will find it here on the map ....I don't think you will find many of our members venturing there anyway by the looks from the overhead view.

It is for sale - listed as a "cash cow" ...that is one way to solve your problem with bed-bugs... sell it an make it someone else's problem!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
MM,

Thanks, I'm noting the address and location, I appreciate you finding this (for everyone's sake.)

-Drew
Old 12-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
While bed bugs are totally disgusting, you do not have to toss all of the interior goods and recarpet. It does take some strong measures from a quality exterminator. Without proper treatment, you will probably still have them even after replacing all of the interior.

You can start reading HERE.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is in a old part of town and would never be on anyone's radar while traveling. It is very run-down. We do have several excellent parks, like the Bakersfield RV park and Orange Grove that I can highly recommend. When passing through town and you aren't sure, just drop me a note!
Joe
JWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #10

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

The Orange Grove is a very nice park. When I head south or South East It's always my first night stay and only 4 1/2 hours from home.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
Where is this place?...it only states Bakersfield. This is truly disgusting!

Residents of the Oasis Village RV Park in Bakersfield, Calif., are dealing with a serious bedbug infestation. Residents are covered from head to toe with bites. The RV park owner told residents to "Get a can of Raid" when asked to help. City code says park owner and residents are both responsible. Getting rid of bedbugs requires tossing belongings, re-carpeting and fumigating. See what it looks like to be bitten.
I'm a newbie to RV'ing, and have what is probably a stupid question: But how are bed bugs inside someone's motor home/trailer the fault of the RV park owner?

Sounds to me like the individuals who live/stay/visit there are the problem? Or is there something an RV park owner can do to his/her property to mitigate an infestation?

Just wonderin'....
JJHoneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJHoneck View Post
I'm a newbie to RV'ing, and have what is probably a stupid question: But how are bed bugs inside someone's motor home/trailer the fault of the RV park owner?

Sounds to me like the individuals who live/stay/visit there are the problem? Or is there something an RV park owner can do to his/her property to mitigate an infestation?

Just wonderin'....
This "RV Park" is more of a trailer park where they actually own many of the trailers that are infested with the bedbugs.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The bugs can travel on peoples clothes and therefore are very portable.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #14

Heard on the tele last month that exterminators have a new weapon to destroy bedbugs. It involves total saturation of the infested areas by a new product that is a fog mist. I think I'd rather avoid getting them in the first place, everything you own will be contaminated by the fog mist insecticide.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote