Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-11-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
Bed Sheets?

Hi- my husband and I are very new to camping - in fact we will be picking up our first class A MH next week. My question is on bed sheets - I prefer cotton, but most of what I see at the RV stores are microfiber, and none of them seem to have good reviews. Any suggestions for queen sized sheets? Brands, where to buy, etc. Any information is appreciated! Thanks!

OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #2
We use,the same queen size sheets we use in the house.

Bobcat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:13 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Buying anything like that is ALWAYS more expensive at an RV store. NEVER buy anything at an RV store you can get at Walmart. Walmart has sheets.
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #4
If you're asking about special RV short queen fitted sheets, for example, we found they were not of high quality and too short and never really fitted right, especially for $70. We've gone back to the same sheets we use at home, rarely more than $40.
--2005 F350 Superduty Crewcab, 6.0, 4wd, short bed, 3.73 gears
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--SOLD 2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38'
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:12 PM   #5
Agree...go to Kohls or Target or WalMart and get your sheets. They'll fit.
Full-timed for 16 Years
. . . Back in S&B Again
Traveled in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Diesel
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:58 AM   #6

We have a Beaver Patriot Thunder with a King Size sleep number bed with Radius Corners and we've had the same issues. I've been using our sheets from home because we like the higher thread count because of the softness and all the RV stores carry is 300 Thread Count which is like sandpaper to us. I am about to just order more regular home sheets for ours even though they do fit quite a bit larger but at least you can tuck them under the mattress and not have them riding over the corners.
mbrown0763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:03 AM   #7
Tiffin Owners Club
If they are regular Queen go to Sams Club and get the 'Hotel Quality" sheets. They are the only ones when can get to stay on the bed. The have a 1 inch wide elastic band around the perimeter of the fitted sheet and the top sheet is longer than most Queen sheets.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:05 AM   #8
From toilet paper to sheet, anything with RV in front of it, is usually a huge rip off.
Regular sheets are just fine. You may eventually upgrade to a better mattress so regular sheets will fit again anyway
Ron & Linda
2000 Dynasty 38PBS
Full time since 2007
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:40 AM   #9
Hi - thanks for all those replies - I guess I was thinking that because the queen rv bed is a different size than a normal queen, the sheets wouldn't fit right. Guess I'll try that first. I like the higher thread count as well, and would rather pay more and get what I want. Thanks again! And I'm sure we'll have more questions!
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:46 AM   #10
Monaco Owners Club
Our regular queen sheets fit just fine!
Coleman pop-up
Jayco Kiwi, Jayco Eagle
Monaco Knight 2006
Hammer bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #11
RV mattresses are mostly different sizes than regular mattresses. Just buy whatever sheets you like, then buy a pair of $8 men's suspenders at Wal Mart. Lay them in an X pattern under the bed. They are adjustable to any size mattress. Clip them in 2 different places on the sides or clip on all 4 sides. It keeps any sheet tight. We've been fulltime for 10 years and have used them on 3 different rv's.
Jan & Thomas
2012 Drv Mobile Suite
2012 Ford F350 Super Duty
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #12
Newmar Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Short queen sheets are five inches shorter than standard queen sheets.

We got a mattress bumper for our TT that had a short queen...stuck it at the head and then my queen sheets from home fit just fine. We had just upgraded to a king at home so I had extra queens...

When we moved to our MH, the queen in that one was a regular queen. No need for the mattress bumper...so giving that to a friend who still has a short queen.
2001 Newmar Dutch Star DSDP3852
Me, Husband, Desi & Lucy [Jack Russell Terrier/Chihuahua mix]
We leave the feline contingent at home.
southernlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:50 PM   #13
If the issue is, like mentioned above, fitting then try bed sheet. straps. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TGP...71L&ref=plSrch)

We use these in the RV and in the house for a tighter fit. They work great on air mattresses too.

If you're looking for some of the sheets from camping stores, check out Amazon. You'll see a lot of the same designs there. My wife HAD to have sheets and pillow cases with little campers on them for our RV.

2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Cedar Creek 38FL
guy.lawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:55 PM   #14
Alaskan Member

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Great idea

Mike, Liz and Zeeva (Chihuahua) in a 1993 Fleetwood 29 foot Coronado, living the RV life in the Great Land of Alaska
bikermike is offline   Reply With Quote