Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #15

I am a newbie at RVing, so I hope this is not a dumb question. My Thor a Outlaw 29h did not come with any bedding and my wife and I are going away next weekend, so I need to get some. We will be sleeping in the 54 by 74 inch cab over bunk which has a foam mattress and also a removable piece for easy access to the cab. My question is: what kind of bedding should I get? Are fitted sheets available in this size? Sleeping bags? Any advice will be gratefully received.

Access to the bunk is difficult, so I bought a ladder which I hope will stay put overnight.
SirGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2015, 09:35 AM   #16

We ordered our 5th wheel and had them credit us for the bedding. We also asked for a neutral window treatment for the bedroom so we would be able to use any bedding design of our choosing.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:39 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
The bed and bedding were the first things to get dispatched when we brought the MH home for the first time. "Ick," was our general train-of-thought. \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We didn't like the bedcover that came with our HR because it had to be dry cleaned. It is now in a spacesaver bag in the s/b and we use a quilt. We also use standard queen sheets on the "short" queen rv bed and use diaper pins at the foot of the bed to "reconfigure" the fitted sheet. Keeping the orig bedcover because it matches the fabric on the headboard (in case we ever sell the RV).
TinCanTee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Bedding

Thanks everyone for the comments and great ideas. We are waiting for ours to be delivered so I have some time to start looking around.
Larry & Jeannie and four legged friends Sam and Daisy.
2015 Atasca Sunstar 27n.
larryjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
We've used a travasak on our top bunk when we had our Southwind. It can be a little pricey but it has sheets attached and is like a sleeping bag only bigger, folds up quick and easy, no muss no fuss. Check camping world.

Larry & Jeannie
larryjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:20 PM   #21

We bought two Travasaks when we bought our previous coach, a Class C. One for the Queen size bed and one for the queen size cabover. Making up both beds took only about 3 mins and looked very tidy during the day. Now for our Class A, which still has a Queen bed, we still use a Travasak. The second one is stored under our bed to use on the queen size hideaway.
The original bedding is stored in the S&B.
Summerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:59 PM   #22

Thanks for the good advice. I have just bought a Travasak from Campingworld.com.
SirGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:03 PM   #23

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Home Away from Home

Since our motor home is our home I made a quilt to make it feel more like home. The cover that came with the motor home is in the basement of the house and so are all the throw pillows. I love a bed to crawl into that is comfortable and beautiful. Hate how everything matches!
diva51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:37 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The wife does the bag and tag and stores it away. We normally go for a larger, heavier and better quality.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #25

We've used a Mickey Mouse comforter for years. It has seen better days, but we're not picky, and it does the job of warming us on nights when a blanket is just not enough. On slightly warmer nights, it is folded at the foot of the bed and usually winds up on the floor before morning.