Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2011, 02:01 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Best Media for Listing RVs and RV Stuff for Sale

For those of you that have sold an RV, where did you list it? I have decided to sell my class C finally. I've tried Craigslist with out much success.

I am also looking to sell a couple items from my current class A that I upgraded. Where do you find the best results in listing RV items.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2011, 03:24 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I would suggest you use all the free online classified ads that are out there. You can start with our iRV2.com. Google free RV Classifieds for a large list. Be sure to have interested parties reply via email and be only a city for location you are listing. Price the coach for the market today or you will not be able to sell it. Good luck and keep us posted.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #3

I've sold one on Ebay and two in the local paper.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #4

We bought ours on craigslist and looked only on craigslist and ebay. I didn't know about irv2 when I started shopping. Look at other similar models on CL and price accordingly...
Old 12-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #5

Bought ours 2 weeks ago from craigslist but really liked oodle rv , what other items do you have for sale . jim
Old 12-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Try All Of The Free Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
For those of you that have sold an RV, where did you list it? I have decided to sell my class C finally. I've tried Craigslist with out much success.

I am also looking to sell a couple items from my current class A that I upgraded. Where do you find the best results in listing RV items.
I've purchased two motor homes (2001 Diplomat & 2003 Windsor) off Craigslist.com. I've sold some accessories on Craigslist like the Traeger(SP?) Smoker and Roadmaster Guardian rock shield that came with the Windsor.

My Diplomat was advertised on RV Trader, RV Trader.com (RVT?), eBay classifieds, Craigslist, Oodle, iRV2, etc. All were free except a couple of weeks on RVT.com. We never did learn which ad the buyers of the Diplomat responded to because sites like Oodle, Clasz, etc. aggregate ads from many sources.

Craigslist has a policy of encouraging local transactions only. That really limits the exposure one particular ad will get. There are ways around that but it gets fussy fast trying to keep track of the necessary permutations inherent in multiple postings. Craigslist works best in major metropolitan areas.

Start looking for an RV similar to the one you're selling via all the listing resources you can find and you'll quickly find out where they are being advertised. Then advertise yours. Be sure to use ones that allow pictures even if it's only one picture. RV ads without a picture and an asking price are just about worthless.

Whether you use a for-fee listing or not depends on how fast you want to sell. People looking for an RV usually are looking at every source they can find in an effort to get the best deal on the rig of their dreams. i.e. if it's advertised on any list that has national exposure (e.g. Oodle) it will get eyeballs looking at it.

Too, keep in mind that most of those looking are guys. To attract a guy's attention you need to offer data. How many miles, what year is it, what model, slides, engine make and horsepower, etc. Don't be too cute with ad copy. People looking for RV's are looking at a lot of ads and want the basic information in an easily digested form.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I have the RV listed on Craigslist and eBay now. Going to Oodle next. Thanks for the tips.

Probably not the best time of year to sell it with winter coming on. Didn't really know whether or not I wanted to sell it. Thought I might return it to Alaska so I would have one in the lower 48 and one in AK. I liked having one in each location. Just too much though. The DW says I can only keep one at the house here in Ohio.

WindsorDave, I have bulleted all the major data points and used 14 pictures, 13 of the rig and one of the floor plan.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjnr View Post
Bought ours 2 weeks ago from craigslist but really liked oodle rv , what other items do you have for sale . jim
I just upgraded the Magnadyne M1-CD in dash stereo to the Magnadyne M1-LCD. I liked the touch screen look a bit better and it has feed for my side and rear cameras as well. Not sure I will use them just yet but great as a back up. So I thought I would sell the M1-CD to offset the cost.

I also just got the RVND-7710, for the bigger screen. Leaves me with the RVND 5510. Originally planned on waiting for the after Christmas sales but the Black Monday sale at Recreation Nation was to good to pass up.

DOn't normally sell stuff but these 2 items are too much of duplicates to keep. I listed them on craigslist and eBay as well.

Ebay sure has changed since the last time I listed an item there. Almost gave up halfway through.

Hopefully CL and ebay are the right places for those items.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Wow oodle was simple to use and allows more pictures than CL. Thanks for that tip guys.

Tags
rvs, sale