Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #1

Best patio rug?

Looking to purchase a good quality patio rug, are you happy with what you've purchased?
timeforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2015, 05:40 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I love the one we have. It lets water pass through so it doesn't kill grass or allows pools of water on top of an impervious mat. Some don't like mats, but I do. They keep a lot of dirt from coming inside the trailer, particularly at the type of sites we prefer.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Used to have one of the large patio rugs. Was heavy and a chore to fold and store, especially when wet.

Now have a 5x7 outdoor rug bought via QVC. Big enough for four chairs around with just their front legs on the rug. Easy for one person to just roll up and shake out the dirt as you roll. Coupled with a large semicircular door mat to brush off the shoes before entering. Much happier with this setup.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:39 PM   #4

The ones from big box stores like Walmart, or Camping World(please don't tell people I shop there) seem to work just fine. They are reasonably priced, let water through, clean off pretty well with a hose, and store nicely without taking permanent "sets" at the fold lines. Use for a few years, toss, buy another one!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:59 PM   #5

The mats made of polypropylene material are the best because the dry fast and are easily cleaned off with a broom. The artificial grass is the worst thing you can use, especially if you go out to the desert. Rv Rug, Reversible, 6 ft x 9 ft, Racing
Old 12-14-2015, 08:42 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I used to think that a large patio rug was the solution. As previously stated they are hard to fold up. It's almost impossible to get them clean, and it also seem that I have to put it away the day after it has rained. Too much mess, and some CGs won't let you put a rug down regardless of what type it is. I use a small rug under my chairs.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:34 AM   #7

Check out a web site called Care Free Mats.com. Thats all they sell, patio mats, and their prices, including free shipping, are better than any I've found.
We just bought a 6 x 9, and quality is great.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:29 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I just bought a 9 x 12 from camping world. It was on sale for $49.xx. Plenty of room for chairs and dogs and easy to clean.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:24 AM   #9

http://http://www.plumstruck.com/BlockTile-Flooring-Perforated-Interlocking-Tiles/dp/B00DNSJ6JC

Like the fact I can change the shape and size of the covered area
Old 12-15-2015, 12:18 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for your advice, I now know not to go big.
timeforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Used to have one of the large patio rugs. Was heavy and a chore to fold and store, especially when wet.

Now have a 5x7 outdoor rug bought via QVC. Big enough for four chairs around with just their front legs on the rug. Easy for one person to just roll up and shake out the dirt as you roll. Coupled with a large semicircular door mat to brush off the shoes before entering. Much happier with this setup.
Definitely. We had a big expensive indoor/outdoor rug that my wife bought at WalMart, but a big PITA. Just what he said. Water drains easily, dirt shakes out easily, and is lightweight.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:47 AM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
We carry two 9 x 12 from Walmart and are very happy with the mats.

They fold, clean, drain, and store very nicely for us. Not heavy to this old guy.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:58 AM   #13

Most of those poly rugs like you buy at Walmart start falling apart after a year or so, leaving little pieces of flaking, dried plastic everywhere.
One year we decided to pay a bit more hoping to get a rug that lasted.
All I can tell you is that the aero weave mat is by far the best rv outdoor mat we have ever owned...and the bonus is that it really doesn't kill grass if you put it on a lawn. It is completely waterproof, lightweight and folds easily and compactly. It also does not blow in the wind like the lightweight polypro mats. Ours is on 5 years now and stoll cleans up like new.

Prest-O-Fit Aero-Weave Breathable Outdoor Mats
Noworkforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:00 AM   #14

I got one of the rugs at Curran Car and it did the job nicely. Still using it a few years later.
MelDebar is offline   Reply With Quote