Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2015, 12:00 PM   #267

I like these of our Trilogy 3580DClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1449601100.334837.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	113697Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1449601209.711779.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	113698

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2015, 12:06 PM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
How much do you charge per night and how do we make a reservation?

We have our old tent trailer (before we got our Trilogy fiver) set up in our yard for camping!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1449601461.345523.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	113699Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1449601522.624075.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	113700Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1449601565.869560.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	113701

Old 12-08-2015, 12:30 PM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Here are a couple of my favorites

1- Devils Lake SP, WI - Not our favorite.. but pretty cool.. it was fun backing into that site
2- Hy-Land Court RV Park, Door County, WI - Love love love camping in the fall
3- Roche-A-Cri SP, WI - This was a new park for us this year.. absolutely loved it.. we got lucky and landed the best spot in the park (we think)
Nice pics, looks like a fire fighter edition Harley.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #270
ADA

Winnebago Owners Club
Taken at Holiday Park Campground, Traverse City, located on Silver Lake in mid October 2015. We were on our first motorhome/toad checkout trip to the Michigan Upper Peninsula to see the fall color. It was stunning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UP 1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	565.6 KB
ID:	113727  
Old 12-09-2015, 02:40 AM   #271
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
I'm partial to this pic. Taken in Petoskey MI this past summer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0990.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	490.3 KB
ID:	113755  
Old 12-09-2015, 09:52 AM   #272

Twin Lakes COE CG at Lake Hartwell, SC
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	113778  
bamaboy473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:20 PM   #273
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Lovely, Rick! Can't beat those lakeside sites.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:44 AM   #274

Name:	our MH85.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	113830 We had a 2005 40' Monaco Diplomat with a 24' trailer with an extended RV tongue that measured 71' 1-1/2" overall length. According to my research we were illegal in most states that we traveled through, yet we never incurred any trouble about it even going through immigration/agricultural check points. We traveled from FL to MI and then to CA, then back and forth to MI and Ca five times in just less than three years when in 2014 we bought two trailers to keep one in MI and the other in CA hence now we fly back and forth. So, now to my question have you had any trouble with your overall length? In our travels we saw many coaches over 40' (tag axles) with trailers longer than ours?
Old 12-10-2015, 02:01 PM   #275

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1948boat View Post
Attachment 113830 We had a 2005 40' Monaco Diplomat with a 24' trailer with an extended RV tongue that measured 71' 1-1/2" overall length. According to my research we were illegal in most states that we traveled through, yet we never incurred any trouble about it even going through immigration/agricultural check points. We traveled from FL to MI and then to CA, then back and forth to MI and Ca five times in just less than three years when in 2014 we bought two trailers to keep one in MI and the other in CA hence now we fly back and forth. So, now to my question have you had any trouble with your overall length? In our travels we saw many coaches over 40' (tag axles) with trailers longer than ours?
^^Nice rig.

Now to get a bit off topic, but in response to your question.

We had the smallest rig in our group when we were racing, duning and sledding @ 72' OAL and traveled most of the western U.S. and into Canada and never incurred any trouble for length. Then again, our rig is kept in safe and tip top condition at all times and we don't drive drawing attention to ourselves either. Also here in Utah around 2007/08~ish when the economy went to crap, they were needing to generate revenue and started to force RV's towing commercial trailers to stop at border weight stations. Upon talking to fellow racers we found out that technically they were considering race trailers with sponsors and company names "commercial" because winnings were considered revenue and therefore in the CCC's eyes that was deemed commercial (trying to tell them winnings didn't come even CLOSE to being profitable for most of us racers wasn't an option). My wife and I decided then that it was time to upgrade/upsize our trailer and opted to sell our old 24' enclosed trailer that had our shop's name and sponsors on it and ordered a larger 26' enclosed trailer and did NOT put any lettering or stickers on it. In fact 10-minutes after taking delivery of it and having it sitting in front of my shop, the heat gun come out and all of Haulmark's stickers were removed with the exception of the required weight and legal stickers.

That said, in all of the talk at the track and dunes, my wife and I have been duning and racing since 1987 when we met, and I have only talked to ONE person who had an issue with being overlength. And he was WAY overlength. Long story so won't go into it.

It is funny because on many of the rv forums all I ever hear about is how overlength I am and a friend of a buddy's wife's nephew's neighbor was pulled over for being overlength. Well this must be a popular person, because obviously it is the same guy that EVERYONE knows. This is a hot topic at most race tracks and in well over 20 years now, 16+ of those being overlength, the count is only one that I personally know of, not second, third or fourth hand or hear say.

I doubt anyone would ever pull you over for length BUT, if you are ever in an accident you can bet your ass that it will come up.

I know all of the "experts" will chime in and correct me, but from my experience most of the nay sayers about towing enclosed trailers don't tow a trailer. So take that for what it is worth.

Sorry, I will get off my high horse now.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:05 PM   #276

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:55 PM   #277

Monaco Owners Club
1948boat, zmotorsports (Mike) experiences and opinions mirror mine. We started racing out of the rig below (78' OAL) in 2000. To date I don't have first hand knowledge of anyone being stopped or cited for being overlength. That's not to say it hasn't or won't happen but we have traveled east to west, north to south many times and the only recurring problem is in California if you don't know which scales to avoid.

There have been periods of time over the years where the Highway Patrol in various states tried to enforce CDL license requirements on RV's & trailers and targeted racing events. I do know of a couple of racers that were cited for that violation. Ultimately they were dismissed in court. Ironically, I have a racing friend who is a former Texas DPS Trooper. He was repeatedly stopped by a rookie Trooper near his hometown for not possessing a CDL and driving a combo RV/trailer that weighed in excess of 26,001 pounds. The law in Texas requires a Class A NON CDL for this rig but not a CDL. After a reprimand from his Captain, the rookie got educated.

The other issue occurred a few years back when we were crossing the border from California to Washington for an event. RV's & trailers were backed up at the scales and they were required to purchase trip permits. Fortunately we were in the big rig on that trip and had the necessary permits in place but all of the agencies that issue permits were swamped for several hours.

Hopefully this answers your question and will give you some insight on what to expect out there. As Mike stated keep your rig clean, mechanically sound with all lights, turn signals etc operational, void of decals, and don't drive in a manner that attracts attention from a LEO.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sig & hrc.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	641.3 KB
ID:	113863  
Thunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:25 AM   #278

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
WOW!! That looks cold right there and a sad state for any RV.

Mike.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:27 AM   #279

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfoot View Post
1948boat, zmotorsports (Mike) experiences and opinions mirror mine. We started racing out of the rig below (78' OAL) in 2000. To date I don't have first hand knowledge of anyone being stopped or cited for being overlength. That's not to say it hasn't or won't happen but we have traveled east to west, north to south many times and the only recurring problem is in California if you don't know which scales to avoid.

There have been periods of time over the years where the Highway Patrol in various states tried to enforce CDL license requirements on RV's & trailers and targeted racing events. I do know of a couple of racers that were cited for that violation. Ultimately they were dismissed in court. Ironically, I have a racing friend who is a former Texas DPS Trooper. He was repeatedly stopped by a rookie Trooper near his hometown for not possessing a CDL and driving a combo RV/trailer that weighed in excess of 26,001 pounds. The law in Texas requires a Class A NON CDL for this rig but not a CDL. After a reprimand from his Captain, the rookie got educated.

The other issue occurred a few years back when we were crossing the border from California to Washington for an event. RV's & trailers were backed up at the scales and they were required to purchase trip permits. Fortunately we were in the big rig on that trip and had the necessary permits in place but all of the agencies that issue permits were swamped for several hours.

Hopefully this answers your question and will give you some insight on what to expect out there. As Mike stated keep your rig clean, mechanically sound with all lights, turn signals etc operational, void of decals, and don't drive in a manner that attracts attention from a LEO.
I have to say Thunderfoot, I never get tired of looking at that picture. I love your rig/setup.

Mike.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:28 AM   #280

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
I have to say Thunderfoot, I never get tired of looking at that picture. I love your rig/setup.

Mike.
+1. In fact, that is my dream shot.

Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is online now   Reply With Quote