Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2016, 03:20 PM   #1

Best places to list a motorhome for sale

Where have you found to be the best places to list a RV for sale? I realize there will probably be a lot of bs dealing with Craigslist. We are looking to sell ASAP and price will reflect that.

Thanks for any leads!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2016, 03:21 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Look up. iRV2 Classifieds

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:12 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
IRV Classifieds, RVTrader.com, and Craigslist. Just be prepared for all the scammers, particularly on Craigslist!

I would state in the ad that you will only accept a direct transfer of funds from their bank to yours, unless it's a local person that you can deal with.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:41 PM   #4

We sold our 1996 on Ebay. As above, cash-in-hand or bank-to-bank money transfer.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #5
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I second all of the above comments. Regarding RV Trader, they seem to be very good, and reputable. I think a listing on there is 20 dollars. Dealers use it a lot.

Just to be nosey, what do you have for sale?

Best regards, and good luck to you,

W.D.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
I second all of the above comments. Regarding RV Trader, they seem to be very good, and reputable. I think a listing on there is 20 dollars. Dealers use it a lot.

Just to be nosey, what do you have for sale?

Best regards, and good luck to you,

W.D.
2000 Winne Adventurer 37G.
My wife found a TT she can't live without......
Old 03-02-2016, 03:55 PM   #7

I'm selling also. Started last year and then took the sale offline while the RV was in storage. Getting ready to list again this year. I had a lot of traffic from RVTrader.com and no traffic from Craigslist. When I re-list I don't think I'm even going to bother putting it on there. The biggest hassle I ran into was having someone do a bank transfer when the bank won't release a title until the loan is paid off. There is a "grey area" of a few days between the payoff time and the title being mailed. I'm not sure how else to tell someone I'm trustworthy, so I guess I just have to wait for the right buyer.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:21 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I sold a 5er on RVTrader.com a few years back. At that time they had a deal where you could pay one fee and advertise it until it sells! I seem to remember that they allowed a lot more photos with that deal!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:32 PM   #9

We advertised ours on RV trader, craigs list, and the Tiffin owners classified. We had many calls from wholesalers that wanted to steal it from us, but we finally sold it on the Tiffin site for a decent price. It took us from Nov 25th through Jan 14 to get it sold. Good luck. We had a wire transfer from their bank to ours and it worked pretty good.
steved44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt20 View Post
Where have you found to be the best places to list a RV for sale? I realize there will probably be a lot of bs dealing with Craigslist. We are looking to sell ASAP and price will reflect that.

Thanks for any leads!
I have tried the various internet RV sales sites with no sucess. I have had much sucess with Craigslist and eBay. The best way to use Craigslist is to use surroundind cities as well as your area. I live in NE Oklahoma and posted in my area along with Okla City, Dallas, Kansas City and others. I sold the MH to a couple that live in far eastern Missouri that saw my ad in the Dallas area Craigslist.

You must have good pictures of your MH (both inside and out) and be willing to talk w/prospective buyers on the phone. Therefore your name and phone number in the ad is mandatory (just hang up on the ones who want to help you sell).

The pictures do not show well on Craigslist, but do on eBay if you buy the picture upgrade. State in your ad that you will send them pics to their email address if they will provide the address.

Good Luck with selling. You have picked the best time of the year to sell!!

vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, motorhome, sale