Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
yeah Dennis, same happened to me 1st time out in try cities , Wa. Only it was the slide topper awning. When I got to Camping world in Portland, Or. I had brackets put on my big awning so that never goes awry. That same day, same area, a motorhome passed me going probably 60...a few miles further down the road (i was at 45mph) he was pulled over near an offramp with his big awning half ripped off and laying on the ground.
judyandlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #30

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks Craig. I went to the Escapee's page and read it very carefully. So I buckled under pressure because I let my 1st ins. lapse and paid the 1st quarterly payment to GMAC. When that is up, maybe I'll switch to Blue Sky for half the price. Just don't get the wide discrepancy between Gmac and Blue Sky.

Also a retired trucker.
judyandlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverbill View Post
I wish someone had told me this before I got Progressive. Check their chairman, Peter Lewis, prior to purchasing. Had I done that, I would not be looking for another company.
Thanks for the tip, I checked him out and just sent a check renewing my policy since they cut my rate by $465 this year. Gotta be careful how you spend your money
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #32

Just be careful when you swap insurance. Especially if you have an Umbrella (excess limits) policy. Be sure the underlying insurance is compatible with the Umbrella Policy. Especially if you have a higher end RV as people tend to associate a high end RV to wealth when an accident happens. Lawyers love accidents, especially when high end RVs are involved.
Snoopkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check with Nationwide also.....If you are a member of GS or Campers world
add discount , thats what we have and happy....so far!
Richard
She and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by judyandlisa View Post
Thanks Craig. I went to the Escapee's page and read it very carefully. So I buckled under pressure because I let my 1st ins. lapse and paid the 1st quarterly payment to GMAC. When that is up, maybe I'll switch to Blue Sky for half the price. Just don't get the wide discrepancy between Gmac and Blue Sky.

Also a retired trucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Thanks for the explanation. I will definitely use this information when I shop insurance prior to going full time.
You're welcome. I'm glad you were able to use the information. We are domiciled in South Dakota so that may have something to do with the cheaper premiums. However, our agent is in Texas. If either of you, or anyone else would like to talk to her just PM me and I'll provide her name and number.

judyandlisa, I retired from FedEx Express in July after 22 years with them and 10 with The Flying Tiger Line before FedEx bought us out. We decided to get out here and have some fun while we were still able to do it. Our Monterey is a major improvement over my old Freightshaker that had just shy of 1,000,000 miles on the odometer. LOL
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #35

We just went with Progressive (as we have our motorcycles with them) they offered more coverage at 1/3rd of the price of Good Sam Club whom we were reccomended to use for the RV. My husband got a multiple vehicle discount and a discount for no accidents. We have just purchased a jeep and that is going on our insurance tomorrow as well. They have been so helpful up and above an insurance agents duties with answering our questions (totally "Newbies" questions are endless....) they said just phone us and we will help if we can: and we have all the time.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:34 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Our RV insurance policy is coming up for renewal, so I got a couple of quotes. Progressive was WAY high. They want over $1,000 for the same coverage that Nationwide and GMAC offered in the $600 to $700 range.
It's interesting to see the wide range of comments from everybody. It looks like the price quotes are all over the place.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by judyandlisa View Post
Would like to spend some time in Denali, maybe driving one of the shuttles around. I'm a retired commercial trucker as are many RVers. Appreciate your enthusiasam. Anything you like to tell me act AK is Welcome.
What kind of info would you like on AK? I'd be happy to help with any info.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance