Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
Agree with everything except what I bolded. Consider this, if you and your neighbor went together to the same RV Park and on your return you each wrote a review for that park both reviews would be accepted. So what would prevent you from going to your neighbors house and writing a second review. Or having an employee(s) write a review(s). The only reason I mention this in the first place is I was reading the reviews of a park and right after a poor review was an excellent review written like an advertisement you would see on the website which gave me cause to pause. But for the most part I think the reviews are accurate.

The way rvparkreviewes.com limits responses to one per park per computer is very simple. Every review is "tagged" with the sending computer's IP Address. Their website is set up to reject more than one review from the same computer for the same park. You would need multiple computers / IP Addresses to rig the reviews, and yes some parks have figured out how to " work around " the system by using multiple computers.
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
None better than campgroundreviews.com. We'll use that and then use Google Earth to take a look at what the park and surroundings look like.

Rick
This is the best "route" to take.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #17
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
I use the campground reviews on this web site IRV2 I especially look for the photos that campers add to the reviews. I also use the rvparkreview site. Both sites are authored by actual users of the campgrounds and not influenced by financial interests like trailer life and woodalls. I pay attention to the rv used by the author someone who uses a tent or tent camper may not be looking for the same things in a campground that someone with a 40 ft motorhome needs. Then I go to the campground web site and look at the photo gallery and try to make a determination.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I have used this website Campgrounds section a couple of times but not many use it so not many ratings and a lot of them are several years old. How about all users of the IRV2 forms make a effort to rate campgrounds here!

The Campgrounds section can be found under the header photo.. it is called Campgrounds :-)

While not a website, I use the Trailer Life Navigator to plan trips and to look at information about campgrounds.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #19
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Also those who enter reviews should be encouraged to add photos of the campground
Old 06-27-2011, 05:23 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
rvcampground review is really good.

I use the woodalls or trailer life directory only as an approximate guide.
I remember one place that was tops on the good sam listing and it had hard lemonade and beer caps all over, tons of seasonals that were in various states of disrepair, and the power lines were on the ground... kind of a scary place. It had been purchased recently by a young man and I think he was using it as more of a party spot than a place of business.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:47 AM   #21

My vote is also for campgroundreviews.com and we pretty much ignore our Trailerlife and Woodalls directories. They quite simply are partial to commercial CG's and negative towards public CG's.

I have given multiple reviews for the same CG on campgroundreviews.com, there is a time limit between reviews. For us it would be a year or so and we have been in parks that have made major changes in that time frame. It also gives a count of the number of reviews posted by the reviewer. So if it is a low number, then it could be the owner or a competing CG.

The other thing for us, is that it also classifies the reviewers RV type. MH, 5th, etc. So I can look for reviews by other MH and 5ths which seem to be the choice of FT'ers who usually don't care about the bath houses, pools and that sort of stuff.

Another great feature of the site is that you can lookup one park and see other parks nearby. It also lists nearby cities / towns which is a nice feature.
None better in our opinion.

Bob
Old 06-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
We feel RV Park Reviews is the best solution. As stated, the sum of the reviews is a great indicator of your potential experience.

To make it work though, each of us need to leave a review of our experience. I have noticed over the past eight years the number of reviews seems to be less for specific campgrounds.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Paid Advertising

Trailer Life and Woodall are owned by Good Sam. They only include those who are willing to pay to be included.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
Trailer Life and Woodall are owned by Good Sam. They only include those who are willing to pay to be included.
Is that really true???

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Is that really true???

Rick
I believe they are both owned by Affinity Group.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #26

Google earth is also helpful.
RVluvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
I believe they are both owned by Affinity Group.
Jim, I wasn't questioning the ownership but the earlier post stated that a park could not be listed in the Woodall's or TrailerLife directories unless they paid to do so. The question is "are only paid advertisers listed in these directories as indicated in the earlier post?"

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
I was talking to the owner of an RV park in La Belle, Fl about why his park was not in the directories. He said they used to be but they seemed to be able to fill the park without the advertising cost of the directories. It's a real burden - just like the yellow pages - several directories vying for their money.