Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #1

Best RV Park Review Website

I was wondering if anyone could recommend reliable websites that review RV parks. I am finding that just "Googling" RV parks in their location often get me no where on the things that I want to know. I am looking for reviews by people that stay at RV parks all the time and give true and meaningful reviews.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr3153 View Post
I was wondering if anyone could recommend reliable websites that review RV parks. I am finding that just "Googling" RV parks in their location often get me no where on the things that I want to know. I am looking for reviews by people that stay at RV parks all the time and give true and meaningful reviews.
I have found www.rvparkreviews.com to be helpful. For the ones I have stayed at the reviews matched my experiences.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
ditto to Jaime & Dave
we sure have found it is THE BEST!
pdq
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
We use it when traveling outside of our immediate area.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
We use the Trailer Life book . . . don't leave home without it!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave and Jaime

I have found www.rvparkreviews.com to be helpful. For the ones I have stayed at the reviews matched my experiences.
Ditto...by far the most complete and useful site I've found.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1dgh View Post
We use the Trailer Life book . . . don't leave home without it!
We have found books like this and Woodalls to be useful as "lists" of campgrounds, but not as reviews. Woodalls, for example, relies almost entirely on campgrounds completing "checklists" of their facilities and doesn't really claim that what they publish are reviews. Both books are really in the business of selling advertising, so they give little space to most public campgrounds.

In contrast, we have found the overall quality of reviews in RVParkReviews.com to be excellent. We find the written reviews to be better than the numeric ratings, since one person's 10 might be another's 8. Also, you have to "correct" a bit for reviewers who might get all bent out of shape over something you don't even care about; I love the ones that will give a low rating because there were too many trees to get satellite reception. What do they think they are doing? Camping?
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

None better than rvparkreviews.com. We'll use that and then use Google Earth to take a look at what the park and surroundings look like.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I agree, but I've found that the “star” rating given by some reviewers don't match the review and vice versa. Also it's a good to read all the reviews since I've found some reviews to be bias for one reason or another. I often wonder if parks write their own reviews to offset the bad ones they have received. As always let the buyer beware.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #10

Rvparkreviews.com is from acutual campers experiences and I have found the reviews are reflective of the campground and I use it all the time. I think Woodall's is so far off that I consider their 3 rating campground a one rating. Trailerlife is closer to their ratings but I still look for a minimum of 7 in facilities.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
I agree, but I've found that the “star” rating given by some reviewers don't match the review and vice versa. Also it's a good to read all the reviews since I've found some reviews to be bias for one reason or another. I often wonder if parks write their own reviews to offset the bad ones they have received. As always let the buyer beware.
I think "rvpark reviews" is about as good and accurate as you're going to get. Kind of read between the lines to filter out personal biases of the reviewers. Campgrounds cannot write reviews to counter bad reviews. They might be able to slip one review in, but not more than that. I have posted reviews of quite a number of campgrounds and know that rules will not let them do it. You are limited to one review of a campground. If the campground improves, or declines, at a later time, the site will not accept a second review, good or bad, with this information from the same reviewer. Judging the reviews can be a bit tricky if they are all over the board for a particular campground. Then you have to EWAG it [Moderator Edit] based on the reviews and any other information you can come up with from other sources. If they are generally all high marks, you can be confident that it is a good place to stay. On the other hand, if the marks are consistantly low, you really might want to consider someplace else.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I can't figure out how the TL Directory rates CGs. We stayed at one that had two 9s and an 8. We stayed there twice and after the last stay, it was so bad I wrote the manager a letter....short narrow spaces, muddy, very unlevel, over charged our credit card both times and both times AFTER we'd checked out. Never got the courtesy of a reply.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
I think "rvpark reviews" is about as good and accurate as you're going to get. Kind of read between the lines to filter out personal biases of the reviewers. Campgrounds cannot write reviews to counter bad reviews. They might be able to slip one review in, but not more than that. I have posted reviews of quite a number of campgrounds and know that rules will not let them do it. You are limited to one review of a campground. If the campground improves, or declines, at a later time, the site will not accept a second review, good or bad, with this information from the same reviewer. Judging the reviews can be a bit tricky if they are all over the board for a particular campground. Then you have to EWAG it [Moderator Edit] based on the reviews and any other information you can come up with from other sources. If they are generally all high marks, you can be confident that it is a good place to stay. On the other hand, if the marks are consistantly low, you really might want to consider someplace else.
Agree with everything except what I bolded. Consider this, if you and your neighbor went together to the same RV Park and on your return you each wrote a review for that park both reviews would be accepted. So what would prevent you from going to your neighbors house and writing a second review. Or having an employee(s) write a review(s). The only reason I mention this in the first place is I was reading the reviews of a park and right after a poor review was an excellent review written like an advertisement you would see on the website which gave me cause to pause. But for the most part I think the reviews are accurate.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #14

I use this site to find CGs in the area I'm interested in on a map -

Campground Map by epgSoft

click on the icon for a park and it takes you to the park's site, rvparkreviews site, a forum search, or google search for the park