Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
We have a Weber Q200 and it is great to use easy set up and cleaning. I wish he cart was a bit more stout.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2016, 10:23 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Weber Baby Q1200...compact size, easy start, good heat.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Another vote for the Weber Q. I gave away our big home grill and use the Q for both. A 20# tank at home and portables for the road. About $3 each at WalMart.
Enjoying the simple life w/a 1994 Winnebago Brave 31RQ (A). Past RVs; RoadTrek (B), Starcraft Pop-up, Coachmen (C), MinnieWinnie (C) and an American Something-or-other (TT). Started it all off as a teenager in a 1964 Apache Pop-up we named Wag Along.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:13 PM   #18

Just sold my Weber Q120 today. It worked great but I love my charcoal. Just bought an 18" Weber Smokey Joe.

Jerry
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:32 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisablue85 View Post
We had to buy a new grill after the other ended up on the highway a few months ago. After much looking & reading reviews & also owning one of their other products, I bought the Blackstone Tailgater grill. Pretty cool grill, grill & griddle side, both or one can be removed for using the 2 burners underneath.Legs fold up also. Got a great price on Groupon & it was less expensive than replacing the Coleman Roadtrip.
Lisa does that grille connect to the high or low pressure side of your propane tank?
Old 08-06-2016, 11:48 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Just sold my Weber Q120 today. It worked great but I love my charcoal. Just bought an 18" Weber Smokey Joe.

Jerry
I love charcoal too. Charcoal or wood absolutely the best way to grill for flavor. Still insist on charcoal at home.

Before buying my MH I considered gas grill to be the devil's own. Wouldn't own one.

Tried using charcoal for the first year with my MH but just to messy.

The Weber Q makes grilling easier and cleaner. Not a huge fan of the flavor but I accept it to keep the mess manageable.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:32 AM   #21

Stok Gridiron, 15,000 btus, 348 square inch cooking surface, 57 pounds
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:47 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Love charcoal, but to big a mess and problem getting rid of semi burnt bricketts on a short or one night stay.,Bought a Weber Q,1200 and a 10# bottle and hose. Don't like getting the grille out, everything seasoned and ready to go, and learn, the little throwaway bottle is empty.

Use to have the little square Weber, didn't care for it. It was small enough and portable, but it didn't work well in the wind, and the control wasn't as functional as the one on the Q. I also like that the grille on the Q is designed to shield the burner openings from drippings. Which makes clean up easier.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:18 AM   #23

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
Lisa does that grille connect to the high or low pressure side of your propane tank?
I honestly don't know. We have a way to connect it from the propane tank but opted to just use a regular tank (away from coach). Husband said it comes with its own regulator, if that helps you. It's a really nice grill, good quality... I had the Roadtrip (more $$$) & think the Blackstone Tailgater is better built, more options & less money.
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:32 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisablue85 View Post
I honestly don't know. We have a way to connect it from the propane tank but opted to just use a regular tank (away from coach). Husband said it comes with its own regulator, if that helps you. It's a really nice grill, good quality... I had the Roadtrip (more $$$) & think the Blackstone Tailgater is better built, more options & less money.

Yes that helps. My coach has the tee adapter for connecting a grille but it is on the down stream side of the coach regulator which is low pressure.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #25

The Weber Q120 is the best MH grille we have ever used. Easy to set up and store. Great grille.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	weber-portable-gas-grill-q-120.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	135187  
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:54 AM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Started with a Weber Q but have since moved to a Camp Chief 2 burner. A bit more versatile, and bigger, with the various accessories that are available. In particular the dutch oven kit. More or less I've eliminated the need to carry charcoal.

Taped into the high pressure side of the coach propane tank with an extend-a-safe tee fitting and feed the grill with a 10' hose that I used use with the Webber. The burners are pretty big at 30,000 BTU each but can be turned down low enough that I can pan cook over them rather than using the griddle or grill box. Can't recall when we last used the stove in the coach.

Due to the burner size it also does double duty as a Thanksgiving turkey deep fryer and we did a fish boil for 12.

https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Exp...words=EX60LWTG
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:11 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
We have used our Solaire Anywhere portable infrared grill for years and without a doubt, it's going to outlast us.

It's pricey but we've never regretted buying it, especially when the carne asada is sizzling and ready for our plates.

Solaire® Gas Grills -
Old 08-08-2016, 10:41 AM   #28

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Tugboat
I have used the Coleman Road Trip for over 12 years. Have the bag to keep it in and it has wheels to move it in the bag, have griddle, grill and rack for pot or frypan. Also got the adapter to hook up to a 20lb tank.
http://m.campingworld.com/browse/sku...FYcehgodXtENxQ
Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane