Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-08-2016, 11:36 AM   #29
Ford Super Duty Owner
We live off of our Holland Companion Grill. Just cleaned it after 10 years of use and now it is ready for the next ten years.

Guaranteed not to burn your food so as such it will NOT char a steak.

Recipe times are spot on so Just Like Ron Popiel - SET IT AND FORGET IT Cooks Chicken, Ribs and Burgers Perfectly and the instructions say it is good for biscuits bt we have never done them.

They are not cheap but will last forever (we are starting our second decade)

Shirley, Steve & Myers (Choc lab)
Cary, NC
2014 Tioga Montera 25K Ford Super Duty 450 V 10 Acme Tow Dolly & Volkswagen EOS
seb1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #30
Country Coach Owners Club
When unable to use our Smokey Joe Weber, we use the blue Coleman Road Trip Classic propane grill.

20,000 btu with two burners and this model allows closed lid indirect cooking for things like Pork Tenderloin or Stuffed Pork Chops. (Will not do a Turkey).

We have the grilling grates, pan grate, and griddle plates so it also functions like a two burner camp stove either on its stand or directly on a table.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:58 AM   #31

I second the Camp Chef for a gas grill. I have the 30, and the grill box for it, I am able to use it as a burner for sauteing, cooking, frying, or boiling, I can put grill box on and I can grill. and with 30,000 Btu available, 700F for searing steaks is very easy and quick to obtain. But it will hold a low simmer too. has legs that remove, easy to store, can be table top or free standing. Also has carry bags available that are fairly heavy canvas type construction keeps basement clean. Check out the website if ya want... Propane Stoves
Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
2013 RAM 3500DRW 4x4 Laramie, Cummins, 385HP,850FTLBS Aisin Trans
2014 DRV Elite Suite 41RESB4
Spare puller:2004 RAM3500DRW Cummins (DW's truck)
Roosters 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #32
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Portable Grill2Go&Reg; X200| Char-Broil&Reg; is what I use to grill steaks. It reaches 650 degrees and will char the outside while remaining medium-rare inside. It has a grill surface that is corrugated steel with slits in the channels... thereby accomplishing the infrared quality they claim. It works. I've gone through most of the other grills over the years and, frankly, this is the first one I have not burned up. Even the full size grills with multiple burners will not stand up to wide-open use as the burners erode and the holes get bigger.

So, if you're looking for char on medium-rare, this is it. If you're ever looking for a grill that will do low and slow, this one is NOT for you.

PS: Shop around. Amazon has it for less and is Prime (free 2 day shipping arrival).
2004 Damon Escaper LX400 4194
40' Diesel Pusher
Cummins ISL
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:40 AM   #33
At the risk of being redundant, you can't go wrong with the little Webers. Our Q1000 is perfect. I can grill about 8 burgers or so or 4 steaks or chops. When the big grill at home dies, it will be replaced with a second Weber. I'm amazed at how fast they cook, I guess because of the small heated space, and how little fuel they use. The little 1 pound propane cylinders last forever on ours and we use it quite often.
2006 Pilgrim 322FKDS pulled with a 2008 F350 Lariat w/6.4PSD hauling two wheeled toys of all kinds. I like wheels and things attached to them.
mad59son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:36 PM   #34
Have a camp chef pro 90 three burner and mostly use it for the griddle or boiling. Have a grill box for it also, but don't really care for the performance of it. Currently have a 18" smoky joe and honestly it isn't good at all...not enough distance between grill grate and charcoal...put lid on it to cook and there isn't enough air flow as only the center remains hot. Really a poorly performing grill (and it's a weber)

I have had webers and also high end gas grills (Lynx) at home and large smokers (Pitts and spits and stumps) and a few years back went to a primo ceramic cooker and use lump charcoal. There is nothing better to cook on...from 200 degrees up to 900 and everywhere in between. Try as I might I cannot figure out a good way to easily transport a ceramic cooker in the Rv...I have the space (toy hauler) but they r heavy and fragile. The smaller ones (small bge, minimax bge etc) are far too small to prepare meals for 4-6 people. Considers a Davy Crockett pellet cooker but even at 550 degrees, it does a very sub par job searing....

as such I will likely break down and get a weber q2200 for the camper....not real excited about it but seems to be best available option.
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:14 PM   #35
We have the Weber Q 1200 and love it. Have had it for over a year with no problems

Your web site
LGMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote