Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2014, 04:50 AM   #1

Best Rv Review Guide

I'm looking to purchase an RV. I love to do my research. Hence my constant roving over these forums. I'm am looking at purchasing a book on rv ratings. I have seen one from rv.org and another from rvreview.net. There may be others out there I just don't know. Any thoughts on the less bias review group ?
Keithmq is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2014, 07:28 AM   #2

IMO, irv2 is your best bet. You will hear the good, the bad, and the ugly (whistle in the background) from members all over the place.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:29 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Personally, I don't think any of them are worth it. They don't own or drive or live with a unit like people on the forums do. My advice would be to visit in person any units you think you like, only then can you see the quality and truly know if the floor plan will work for you. If you find something you like, search the forums and internet until you feel comfortable. If you see a reoccurring theme and it makes you uncomfortable, then maybe you should stay away from it. I think seeing is better than reading when it comes to buying these things and actual owners will out weigh some rating book.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB2 View Post
Personally, I don't think any of them are worth it. They don't own or drive or live with a unit like people on the forums do. My advice would be to visit in person any units you think you like, only then can you see the quality and truly know if the floor plan will work for you. If you find something you like, search the forums and internet until you feel comfortable. If you see a reoccurring theme and it makes you uncomfortable, then maybe you should stay away from it. I think seeing is better than reading when it comes to buying these things and actual owners will out weigh some rating book.
Agree, I believe they are all somewhat biased. Same thing with car ratings.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Carolina Campers
I'll tell you from experience that the day you do finally buy one, it'll be the scariest, most exciting time. When you buy your second one, it'll be cake. Trust your instincts, you'll usually be right.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by al2ride View Post
Agree, I believe they are all somewhat biased. +Same thing with car ratings.
+1 Internet search, but mostly feedback on this forum.

In about two hours we are taking ownership of a 2003 41' Travel Supreme Select triple-slide in excellent condition. (See pic below.) Before seeing the for sale info, we had never even heard of the brand. By searching the Internet and with great feedback for the good folks on this forum, we realized that this was a rare find - a very good coach with great features at a very reasonable price.

The Internet can help you find verifiable, quantitative facts. The people on this forum give you the REAL skinny. All the goods and bads about coaches, accessories, parts and service. I.e. what you REALLY need to know to know.

for the folks on this forum who helped us make a very good, informed decision.

Thanks,

Dan.

Dan_public is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guide