Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2019, 05:15 PM   #57

Gas?

Are you tied to gas? I'm not an elitist and I'm not trying to hijack your thread but just trying to put out an alternative. I was watching one of the wife's cooking shows (captive audience) and it was about grilling. The point was that it was better to grill using a hardwood charcoal grill than gas or charcoal briquettes. The next day I saw a Char-griller Akorn Kamado Jr at wally-world and figured it couldn't be a coincidence so I bought one. Turns out they were right - it is a better way to grill. The grill, a Tidy Cats yellow cat-litter plastic container of hardwood charcoal, tools and a charcoal chimney all fit perfectly in the back box of my Windsport. Happy grilling!
WarEagleDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #58

Rv grill

I’ll add to the decision making. We got a Weber go anywhere because I prefer charcoal and then I saw a great ytube vid. The grill can be self contained and packable by cutting the grill in half and adding the small Weber chimney and short utensils, with a plastic storage bag (or 2) of charcoal. My lodge griddle fits and I had to make breakfast on 2 different trips over charcoal. “I forgot my Coleman stove”. That model has great pack ability. I’ve even seen vids on smoking in a go-anywhere
With all of that said, I’ve been thinking of changing to a Camp Chef single burner. I use the 2 burner Explorer but think it’s too big for my packing. The great system of accessories allows me to grill with the box, griddle, and Dutch oven or even a pizza oven. I know, it’s not charcoal but I’m liking the convenience and multiple ways to cook. I do a lot of outdoor cooking.
Just some thoughts.
RTIMMONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:31 PM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
Coleman Roadtrip LX Propane Grill https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S57U1QS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RETJCb05D904B

I like this a lot especially since I purchased all the accessories including the griddle and stove top insert. Can use on table top and comes with collapsing legs
Feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #60

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We use a Traeger pellet grill, it is a PTG model, fits easily in storage with a gas campfire unit above it.
https://www.traegergrills.com/shop/g...g-pellet-grill.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:05 PM   #61

The Weber Q for us. We have been using it for years. You can use it with the propane bottles or the tank.
franklin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:06 PM   #62

We use the Weber 2000 grill. It cooks food quickly and is easy to clean and store. They all different sizes to fit your needs. I have mine for 12 years and it's as good as new. Never rusts. I recently removed the regulator and bought a 12 ft hose with quick connects to attach to the RV. Previouly I carried a 20 lb tank.
bro61021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:09 PM   #63

Weber Q2000. It's quite heavy and takes quite a bit of time to heat to 450 degrees on a propane canister, but it does a good job of bar-b-queing once it's ready.
ricktig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #64

I haven’t seen a Wilmington grill mentioned. We use the portable model. I owned it before the motorhome, but it works fine! I love the grill. Like a Holland grill, it will not burn food. I use the normal size “cape fear” model at home so I am used to the way it cooks. It is built to last forever! I plan on using both grills until the end of time. Literally!

Just another option for ya!

https://www.wilmingtongrill.com/product/traveler/
Jfrazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:17 PM   #65

Webber

We love our Webber Q2000 with foldable legs. Added a quick connection to 5ver propane. We like it better than our big Webber grill at home. Like others have said, cooks fast, easy to clean and stores easily in basement storage compartment.
MIBobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:19 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Alen View Post

This is what we have, cooked for over 10 people on it, have it for over 5 years, no problem.

I never leave it out, fold it up after it cools down and back into the bay it goes till the next time i need it.

Seems the smokeless grill we have is the ticket can use it indoors as well.

And DW just got a slow cooker have not used that yet.
Not sure but I think Brinkman is no longer in business... I know Home Depot used to sell them and now nobody has them in central FLA
ajsfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:51 PM   #67

Charbroil Grill2Go X200. A little more compact than the Weber Q series. I also own a Weber Q2200 but it's too big for the storage compartments in the Navion. I highly recommend the Grill2Go but not sure if the surface area meets your needs. It fits better in our Navion.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:12 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DosCooks View Post
My wife and I are new to the RV world. Does anyone have recommendations on a gas grill that isn't directly attached to the RV? I prefer one with collapsible legs, that I can easily stow, operate off a propane bottle or my RV tank. I am thinking it must be at least 280 square inches to be large enough to cook at normal meal.
Thanks for your help with this!

We have the Coleman Road-Trip, with the griddle and pot attachment. I’m very satisfied with it. I can hook it to the coaches LP supply or use a small portable bottle. Works great!!
SteveW123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DosCooks View Post
My wife and I are new to the RV world. Does anyone have recommendations on a gas grill that isn't directly attached to the RV? I prefer one with collapsible legs, that I can easily stow, operate off a propane bottle or my RV tank. I am thinking it must be at least 280 square inches to be large enough to cook at normal meal.
Thanks for your help with this!
I use a Weber Q - comes in various sizes and can be either a table top or on a stand.
JerryTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:11 PM   #70

We have the Weber Q2200 and love it. Plenty of grate area and excellent BTUs with internal thermometer for grilling anything that you might choose. FYI, look at BTU ratings and square inches of grate space for any grill before making a choice. Good grilling in the future.
crabbd111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas