Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #85

National RV Owners Club
The best portable grill

We have used the Holland Companion grill for 14 years. Still like new. All stainless.
rwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2019, 09:48 AM   #86

You're going to get more than you really want on this question. There are a lot of options so concentrate on size, based on your storage. Ease of cleaning. And most important, BTUs.
botiemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #87

Allot of choices

I see allot of different answers. Though the one that Stands Put is The WEBER Q. It is like $75.00 max. We have had ours for 6 years. It comes in Funky Colors and it Coke’s a 2” thick NY Strip in 4 -5 minutes Tops. It is a Freat Design. Everyone gaveGreat advice. Though price some of these grills. $300.00 - $450.00. We bought the collapsible table for like $59.00 or $49.00 with the wire rack the grill sits on. Legs fold out in 2 minutes in and out. The grill was $69.00. Total of $120.00. You can buy 3-5 Weber Q’s for the price if some of the other brands. They are all nice. If you want pancakes and eggs and bacon. Not the grill for you. Though I do not see many people coking pancakes on a grill. Happy Trails. James Bond Right Hans man and Gadget maker was Q. Can not go wrong. Get the Mrs Hot Pink. Awesome unit. Ol Jerzey would not Set you wrong. Also , Maryland does have struck maximum 10lb tank tunnel policies. And off. I hate the Northeast Corridor. From 100 miles North of Boston to 60 miles South of Richmond, Va. Worst - worst traffic. And Deleware 20 miles 12 tolls. Or is it 12 miles 20 tolls 🤔🤔🤔🤑
Jerzey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:07 PM   #88

Smile

Ditch our portable gas grill years ago. In the motorhome we use our new wave oven both indoors and out. Works well. Just another alternative to consider.
yasbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:54 PM   #89

I heartedly recommend the Weber Go Anywhere gas grill after 20 plus years of use and spending 4 to 6 months each year on the road. Some parts had to be replaced during that time but I finally had to replace all of it. It is small and collapsible. Go to Weber.com and check it out.
Pine Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:13 PM   #90

Go Weber electric. We have been full-time for almost seven years.

Weber electric works great. No propane worries. I have used this for many years. No regrets no propane!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DosCooks View Post
My wife and I are new to the RV world. Does anyone have recommendations on a gas grill that isn't directly attached to the RV? I prefer one with collapsible legs, that I can easily stow, operate off a propane bottle or my RV tank. I am thinking it must be at least 280 square inches to be large enough to cook at normal meal.
Thanks for your help with this!
JBradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:34 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
Several folks have said that they like a Blackstone grille. I decided that I would look at their offerings as an alternative to our Coleman or a Weber. All that I can find, including on their website are flat iron griddles with one tiny exception which might be good to use with a fry pan or coffee pot. And any others, way bigger then anything I want to haul around. To me, it isn't grilling if meat juices aren't flamed and the taste infused in the meat. Yeah, I know, supposedly cancer causing but really how much grilling will cause that dreaded disease?

Did Blackstone make a 'real' grill in the past? Don't know but their current offerings aren't for our needs.

https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/p...stoves-grills/

The Blackstone is a griddle, doesn’t have a grill option that I know of, but everyone loves how they cook.
19jcm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:23 AM   #92

I've had an Aussie 2200 for over a decade and its worked out quite well.

The left side has a ribbed griddle and the right a smooth griddle which can be replaced (no tools required aside from a pot holder) with a pot grate. Folds up like a suite case and has wheels to easily roll it about. I have an adapter hose and a 5 lb propane bottle for it and my Little Red Fire Pit which also can substitute as a grill.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #93

We've tried the factory Jayco option, a Coleman Triton stove, a Coleman Road Trip grill, a Blackstone griddle before finally finding the best for our needs, which is an 18" steel discada and an Eastman Big Kahuna burner.

There's nothing we can't cook on this and it packs relatively small. It's the most versatile cooking option I've ever used and we like is so much we have two larger discs that we cook on at home.

DISCADA | Plow Disc Cooking | Plow Disk Cooker | Disco | Outdoor Wok | Disc Grill

Old 03-19-2019, 05:55 PM   #94

Grill

We have the Coleman Roadtrip XLE grill. It's really well made and works great. It folds up nicely although it's a bit tricky to set up. I love the bright red color too! I highly reccomend
Klibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:06 PM   #95

Grand Design Owners Club
I bought my husband the tailgater due to losing his outdoor kitchen when we bought a new TT and he loves it .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
NanaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #96

I had a Napoleon TQ285 and it wasn't very good. The lid paint scorched and browned after a few uses. Also the grease splatter would hit the inside of the lid when closed, and then ran down the outside of the base. Overall would not recommend.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:31 AM   #97

Royal Gourmet PD1300 griddle
Slightly larger than the Blackdtone and a porcelain griddle with 3 burners
Royal Gourmet
Al Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:42 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tundra View Post
We've tried the factory Jayco option, a Coleman Triton stove, a Coleman Road Trip grill, a Blackstone griddle before finally finding the best for our needs, which is an 18" steel discada and an Eastman Big Kahuna burner.

There's nothing we can't cook on this and it packs relatively small. It's the most versatile cooking option I've ever used and we like is so much we have two larger discs that we cook on at home.

DISCADA | Plow Disc Cooking | Plow Disk Cooker | Disco | Outdoor Wok | Disc Grill

Looks like a wok, or a big hubcap. If I had the room, I'd probably try it. Can it do stir fry?

The Charbroil Grill2Go X200 is the only one we could find that fits easily in the outside storage in our Navion, so our options were limited more by that than anything else, and so far it's been bulletproof. Heats fast, does the job, and very little mess or cleanup required after use.

Tags
gas