Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2019, 06:04 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
We to are traveling around with an eye open for a place we could settle down in.

We do find folks friendly where ever we go ( a lot depends on you and your attitude) but do like the small town feel over big metro areas.

So far still traveling
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2019, 06:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
We to are traveling around with an eye open for a place we could settle down in.

We do find folks friendly where ever we go ( a lot depends on you and your attitude) but do like the small town feel over big metro areas.

So far still traveling
Any place catch your eye yet?
Alikair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:24 PM   #17

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikair View Post
Sanda, I dont think Colorado is on my radar at the moment.
Once I start my journey I will pass thru for sure...

What is it about Colorado you dont like? Are you a resident of colorado?
LOL, Sanda is obviously giving you grief.
Colorado has gotten so large in population and FT. Collins is one of the small big towns that many many find to be the place to retire.

It's frigging amazing, I live 45 miles north of there in Cheyenne WY and the weather difference is crazy! Wind will be howling up here and drive down to FT. Collins and it will be calm and about 20 degrees warmer!

The only issue I have with northern Colorado is the population has gotten way to big! Cheyenne is on the way to that as well I think LOL
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger608 View Post
Colorado has gotten so large in population and FT. Collins is one of the small big towns that many many find to be the place to retire.

It's frigging amazing, I live 45 miles north of there in Cheyenne WY and the weather difference is crazy! Wind will be howling up here and drive down to FT. Collins and it will be calm and about 20 degrees warmer!

The only issue I have with northern Colorado is the population has gotten way to big! Cheyenne is on the way to that as well I think LOL
Ahh, sarcasm, my nemesis!
I had been wondering if Sabda was pulling my leg.
Alikair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #19

The friendliest people are in the inland southeast. The coastal counties can be hit and miss due to the large amount of transplants from elsewhere but once you get in the heart of the southern states you will find genuine friendly people.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:38 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry B View Post
What is the deal with the weather in Prescott. Thought the weather was decent there
We lived about 30 miles north of Prescott for 14 years and found the weather very bearable. Got down below freezing and snow during winter, but snow and cold don't last long. Summers did not have the standard unbearable heat found in most of AZ. Would never be able to spend a summer in Lake Havasu City, way to hot.

Glenn
Old 12-15-2019, 02:03 PM   #21

Location: Between Knoxville and Morristown, TN. A little place called Rutledge.
My wife and I are celebrating our 46th anniversary. When we got married we moved to Seattle to escape LA. Moved to northern CA, near Santa Rosa, and then back to LA for work. After that we traveled away from So Cal on ever increasing loops to see where we might settle. We've covered every state, with the exception of Alaska, and settled near Knoxville, TN. We live in the country, east of Knoxville on the shores of a lake. We've been here 23 years and enjoy four distinct seasons and lots of natural beauty. Locally, there is Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, next to the Great Smoky Mountains.

When we travel by RV we can get to almost half the country in 2 days. North is Michigan, east is the coast, south if Florida and the gulf, west is New Mexico and Colorado. Take a few days and visit Maine, get some lobster.

The cost of living is low and you still have major entertainment, hospitals, sports, education facilities, and a relatively short drive to major metropolitan centers. It only took us 23 years of looking before we decided to move. Never regretted it either.
SteveNSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger608 View Post

You are correct. Colorado has waaay too many people now. We are trying to make Caleefornia look like rookies when it comes to our society here. There are no worse drivers than those on the front range of Colorado. (except areas of Mexico). Torrington, Wyoming seems like a nice small town. I spent some time there in years past.
sanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:32 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikair View Post
Any place catch your eye yet?
Nothing yet but still looking.
Central Florida, Norther AZ and parts of NM so far have peaked an interest but nothing serious yet.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:05 PM   #24

We never found any small to mid-population towns unfriendly. It depends, in part, on YOUR attitude, also. People, in general, are friendly.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:50 AM   #25

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanda View Post
You are correct. Colorado has waaay too many people now. We are trying to make Caleefornia look like rookies when it comes to our society here. There are no worse drivers than those on the front range of Colorado. (except areas of Mexico). Torrington, Wyoming seems like a nice small town. I spent some time there in years past.
LOL, yeah the Denver drivers are usually nuts!

I always say: "Slam your hand in a door before driving in Denver, then you'll be pissed enough to deal with the crazy's."

Torrington is okay but mostly beet farmers and such in that area.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
I lived in the Denver area for 25 years and the last 12 in the foothills. After a 10 year absence we went back last year to visit friends. All i can say is WOW so glad we don't live there anymore.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:06 AM   #27

Any town with lots of bars. I know I'm happier
Bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:47 AM   #28

Jayco Owners Club
Ville Platte, LA! My wife and I took our three kids to Lake Chicot State park in Ville Platte back in the 90's. I took the two older boys into town to pick up some groceries and left my wife with our baby at the camp site. Once in town, I noticed a billow of steam coming from under the hood and pulled over at a Western Auto (dating myself here I know) who had a mechanic on duty. I went in and got in a very long line of people waiting for service in a small waiting room. Once I got up front and told the man I had a cooling system problem, he replied he would be happy to look at it but it would be several hours before he could. A gentleman in the waiting room, could see that my boys (5 and 3) were hungry and about to melt down said, "He can go before me, what do y'all say?". Every person in that room said for the mechanic to look at my van first. I thanked everyone and went out to show the Tech what was wrong. He said before he even opened the hood he probably know what the problem was because he had seen a dozen in the last year or so. Sure enough it was a broken radiator hose (not just any radiator hose - one with a special 'Y' fitting and it was cracked right in the 'Y'. He said he could fix it but he would have to order a part form Lafayette and it would take a day or two. I thanked him and asked him where I could take the kids to eat (wondering how I was going to get them back to the camp site). He recommended a good restaurant close by. We walked there (great Cajun food - can't remember the name of the place) and had lunch. The waitress was very chatty asked if we were from out of own and I explained the whole story. She said, "do you meant to tell me that your wife is out at the park with a baby and doesn't know where you are?". I told her yes and she asked what site we were in and said she would call her cousin who worked at the park and ask them to let my wife know where we were. We finished lunch and went back to the shop and the Tech told me he had figured out a workaround, By cutting the damaged piece of the 'Y' hose and inserting some copper tube and clamping it with a couple of hose clamps he figured I could drive the van for short distances while he ordered the part. I was to come back Saturday afternoon and he would replace the hose then. Thus back on the road I got our groceries and limped back to the site. My wife told me that the Head Ranger had stopped by to tell her what was going on and would go into town to fetch us after his shift. Later in the weekend we met a group of several Cajun families that were camping in our loop and they invited me and the boys to go out Sac-a-Lait (you probably call them White Perch or Crappie) fishing with them in their boats. We went fishing and came back with enough fish for everyone. One of the wives made an excellent courtboullion (pronounced 'koo-bee-yon' by the Cajuns). Anyway for us, on that particular three day weekend, Ville Platte became the friendliest city on Earth.

If you are ever in the vicinity of Ville Platte (about 50 miles NW of Lafayette, LA), give them a try. Lake Chicot SP is beautiful, the food is great, the culture interesting (most folks speak French), and the people are very friendly and fun-loving! Sorry this is so long but it was fun remembering it all...
johns1959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow