Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
I hear ya I have 2 Jack Russell's that keeps them at bay when the MH is parked at the house. Stored, it's across the road where they aren't allowed.

I'm not a big cat fan and neither are the dogs
I do split the difference, I fire an old rag under the dog just as he's about to pee, preferably the first of the day, much stronger. After it's dried in the sun, it holds it's effect for a month or more.

BTW, my Jacks like cats just fine, but they do tend get stuck in their teeth a little.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #16

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
I do split the difference, I fire an old rag under the dog just as he's about to pee, preferably the first of the day, much stronger. After it's dried in the sun, it holds it's effect for a month or more.
Then where do you put the rag? UNDER the coach, I hope?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #17

It seams snap trap are the most humane got one this morning near the rear tire.
I have 8 snap traps 2 around each tire/duals.

I cleaned the MH thoroughly, inside all the cabinets and every crack and crevice I can find, filled 3 holes with HD expanding Foam, place dryer sheets inside and moth balls in the lower compartments.

So I am on a mission to find a solution, I have a cat but my wife won't let her outside in fear of coyotes eating her.

Thank you all for the suggestions.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
They made nests out of my dryer sheets. Mice get use to their smell eventually. They do not get use to peppermint, moth balls, ammonia or predator urine.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Then where do you put the rag? UNDER the coach, I hope?
Sorry, yes, under the coach, that way their out of the rain and last longer.

It's always easier to stop them getting in than it is to catch them or chase them back out.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
I am surprised that no one has mentioned FreshCab yet.

Fresh Cab All Natural Rodent Repellent, Control Mice Fast, Safe | Earth-kind.com
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I put the sticky traps where mice are likely to travel
I was going to use those sticky traps but DW wont let me. Mice get stuck in them and will eat their legs off or pull their hair out trying to get free and then end up starving to death. Dam I thought that would be the easiest way because I don't want to bait them. Motorhome currently has a couple blocks of poison in the compartments but the mice seemed to have bi passed those and moved into the kitchen drawers. These poison blocks are from last year so I wonder if the freshness of this product is important to these creatures.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #22

Commercial Member

Monaco Owners Club
I'll second the Fresh Cab!! Works the best. Our cat is useless. We plugged as many holes as possible & put FC out behind each wheel, water inlet hole & top of generator! Nada!!! Only thing we found that actually keeps them out.
Downsizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
I was going to use those sticky traps but DW wont let me. Mice get stuck in them and will eat their legs off or pull their hair out trying to get free and then end up starving to death. Dam I thought that would be the easiest way because I don't want to bait them. Motorhome currently has a couple blocks of poison in the compartments but the mice seemed to have bi passed those and moved into the kitchen drawers. These poison blocks are from last year so I wonder if the freshness of this product is important to these creatures.
Your DW has received false info, the Sticky traps work very well, Caught one this morning and got one in a snap trap as well.

3 down 3 million to go LOL.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsizer View Post
I'll second the Fresh Cab!! Works the best. Our cat is useless. We plugged as many holes as possible & put FC out behind each wheel, water inlet hole & top of generator! Nada!!! Only thing we found that actually keeps them out.
I caught one in the compartment with the Fresh cab so I am not so sure it works so well.

I think if you don't have any in the coach it may curve they curiosity and they may look elsewhere for food and shelter.

Once they have been there, and they leave they're scent (droppings and Urine) it will not push them out.

Ted.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Your DW has received false info, the Sticky traps work very well, Caught one this morning and got one in a snap trap as well.
DW did not doubt that the sticky traps would work, she just did not like the stories of how inhumane they are. Personally these sticky things would be my first choice because I would not have to use bait.

When ever a trap is set with bait I always wonder if the mouse simply came in the motorhome because he smelled the bait or was he already in there. With the sticky traps I will know the trap was not his motive for entry. I have read so much but still am in the dark as to the best method of deterrent.

I do question if these decon blocks lose there freshness over time?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #26

Gulf Streamers Club
Most sticky traps have an attractive odor in the adhesive to bring the mice to the pad. While I admire your wife's kind heart, bottom line is you're trying to keep the critters out of your RV to prevent damage, odor,, and possible disease. Death, be it slow or fast, is still the outcome. d Con now makes sticky pads with a quick kill function.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Most sticky traps have an attractive odor in the adhesive to bring the mice to the pad. While I admire your wife's kind heart, bottom line is you're trying to keep the critters out of your RV to prevent damage, odor,, and possible disease. Death, be it slow or fast, is still the outcome. d Con now makes sticky pads with a quick kill function
Thanks. This might be what DW needs to read. I will check the quick kill D con pads. (sounds humane). Today I cleared out the drawers completely, removed a couple of soap bars of which one looks to be chewed.

I looked behind the drawers and found an empty doggy treat bag that had fallen of one of the drawers and was just sitting against the wall. This may have baited the mickeys to come in.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #28

Little tiny conibears.