Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2014, 07:07 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
As I'm sure I've mentioned before that I have Good Sam Insurance on all my cars and RV. I pay $2.00 every six months for each vehicle for complete "roadside" insurance. That has included towing my 40' DP to a truck service garage for repair. Pay more what for? PS I've paid this $2.00 for over 30 years. Best deal ask your insurance agent about it. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2014, 07:30 AM   #16

I have their Roadside assistance coverage for several years and have used it three times. I had excellent service from them and will continue to use this service as long as they continue to treat me well. I also have their extended service contract and have had it for maybe 10 years. I have used it a number of times and was treated fairly well on every occasion. I suppose my reimbursements about equal the cost, but the peace of mind was worth something. I will probably discontinue the service, but not because of the quality of service. I will self-insure. I caution anyone to read the fine print, as I am convinced this is the source of many reported problems with various assistance plans, ie, auto renewals.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:56 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
the kick-back

You know, the fact BYoung submitted a fraudulent $2500.00 claim 10/2011, while I was in cancer treatments, would have never been discovered with a Good Sam Ext Warr service claims agent 8/2013--if BYoung had just stopped trying to coerce me to use the warranty and abided by their purchase agreement.

I had spent the 2013 winter troubleshooting the HWH system with Tiffen & HWH techs---and had the solution: 2 new jacks...~$276 each (tho we didn't know BY was putting springs 3" too long on the jacks...or had an extra 126" of hydraulic line wrapped here, there and everywhere.

I would have never found out. A fix less than $1000.00. They could have gotten away with it.

What bothers me, is that when the QBENA-Good Sam claims mgr. called me about the false claim, he said, "These shops do this to us all the time..we just get our money back & stop doing business with them...sorry...but we can't fix your problem--it is not covered."

5 months later, it's found they never stopped doing business, BY kept the $2500 for a fix that did not work, they breached their purchase agreement without consequence, Good Sam got all my money for gold & silver plan premiums for 3 years with no claims by me---and then didn't fix the problem which they should have if they were going to let BY keep the money.

So, while fighting cancer, recovering from surgeries, and trying to get back on my feet financially (the coach is used for a business plan)---I had to take it all on.

And men did this to a vulnerable woman? This is who they are?

What would all these guys do to senior citizens? Children? Anyone vulnerable?

In my experience with them, they are black hats. Evil.
Maybe your number has just not come up with them, or maybe they fear you more than me. There is something off about this company.
Just beware.
tealstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:42 AM   #18

I feel fortunate that we only got CW/GS membership and didn't go for any of their Roadside Assistance and insurance. We've been Allstate customers for our vehicle insurance since early 1972. We've always had good agents and service. Haven't had to use it much, five claims since we first got their insurance and all handled promptly and cost-effectively. Only two of them were over about $1500 and one of those (in 1973) was due to me mistaking the at-fault driver's insurance company's name (Firemen's Insurance of New Jersey) as the much bigger "Firemen's Fund". Allstate cleared that up at no cost to me.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I guess we've never had any problems with GS/CW over the years because all we have is a Charter Lifetime Membership and never buy service plans. We do have our vehicles insured through GS, have only had one claim for damage and that was a broken awning, damaged sidewall paint due to a rainstorm in Fresno a couple years ago. Only problem with it was the shop tried to substitute a Carefree awning for our A&E 9000. Evan gave them the correct part numbers to buy and they completely ignored it. Told them I refuse to accept the substitution. The shop owner called me and said he didn't think they would be able to satisfy me!! All I wanted was an exact replacement of what was damaged. Then GS allowed me to take the rig to another shop and authorized the higher cost to repair. No problems then.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding what the "insurance fraud" was. You say BY performed the work that GS paid for, so where is the fraud? In any case, it is up to Good Sam to pursue, if they feel the claim was fraudulent. I presume you have notified them? You didn't lose anything, so you weren't defrauded.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding what the "insurance fraud" was. You say BY performed the work that GS paid for, so where is the fraud? In any case, it is up to Good Sam to pursue, if they feel the claim was fraudulent. I presume you have notified them? You didn't lose anything, so you weren't defrauded.
I agree with Gary, I don't quite understand how the fraud occurred to the OP if the repair was done without her knowledge and billed to GS? The fraud, as I read it, was between GS and the repair shop.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:58 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Jan-Feb/2014, Scott Blanc, VP, stated in writing that a fraud occurred by BYoung. When I argued they were responsible for my damages, $1000's, because "...but for the breach in preventing any shop to illegally submit charges without my knowledge or authorization..."
The first step in the claims process is that the customer...
1. Calls Good Sam & explains the problem & gets a Good Sam approved shop for repair.
2. Good Sam has to give an RA# (repair authorization #) before the shop begins the repair.

BYoung had my Tiffen from August/2011 to Oct. 07, 2011. I picked it up, no charge per our purchase agreement.

Oct. 10...3 days later...they submitted a $2500.00 bill using my Good Sam Warranty which I never told them I bought. I'm thinking they went through my papers in the RV. 2 days later, Good Sam issued the check by wire.

Good Sam, being defensive, hired an attorney who sent me a PDF exposing a discrepancy: the $2500 payment in their computer system was altered sometime between August/2013 and Jan/2014--to $688.50 paid to BYoung, even though I have invoices supporting the $2500.00.
Then I was put under surveillance, followed and threatened the day I heard from the lawyer. I was at LAPOSA south. Blm cameras got it on film.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #23

I still don't understand why GS is the bad guy here. Sounds to me like your RV Dealer is a little crooked not GS.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Do you freedom loving people like the idea your Good Sam insurance company can and will hire someone to come out to your summer and winter RV vacation spot, 500' away, doing surveillance, following you around texting notes to Big Brother Corporations?
It's not what my father fought for in WWII, nor what my nephew served 5 tours in IRAQ for.
That's not freedom. That is FASCISM.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #25

There is another forum that you can post your concerns directly to Good Sam. You might get more action using that route. If you do not know of the forum, PM me and I will send you the URL.
Sorry for your troubles, doesn't sound like fun.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #26

I have a major problem with Good Sam and will not be renewing my roadside assistance program with them.
garciawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Good Sam could have taken the high road and put me into a shop to get this fixed. They choose to run. That's a consciousness of guilt.
Proximal cause is whatever sets off the chain of events leading to damages:

But for the breach in my Ext Ward Claim Procedure, BY could have never submitted a claim.

Now, I may still have had to force BY to abide by their contract, or not; or still have to seek the help of an expert, or not.
But I would not have been threatened & intimidated by a BYoung lawyer and a Good Sam lawyer, and their PI, for discovering they violated insurance and wire statues with 5-20 years prison and $100,000.00 in fines.

I honestly didn't need all that stupid drama in my life.
I just wanted to buy an RV to see America before cancer took me--and for 4 years its been contaminated with this evil.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:46 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think you are trying to say that the dealer in your purchase agreement promised to fix the jacks. They then discovered you had an extended warranty and rather than incur the cost of the fix, they billed your good sam policy. If this is the case, the dealer is at fault as pre existing problems are not covered and good sam was the victim. The rest sounds like I should put on a tinfoil hat. Good sam was the victim of the fraud and I highly doubt they had any reason to surveil you. If anything they would want to investigate the dealer for the fraudulent claim and have you back it up.