Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Beware: Another Good Sam--Bad Roadside Product Experience

Hi,

When I purchased my Tiffin in 2010 to go fulltime, I gave Good Sam all my business.

Membership, Extended Service, Roadside, Full coverage insurance-GMAC...to help rebuild America. It appears I have only helped create a Sociopathic Monster. These are my experiences:

My post of last year here, "RV Dealers and Ext Warr Insurance Fraud", yielded an insurance and wire fraud kick-back scheme between BYoung RV and Good Sam's underwriter, claims manager, QBENA and fully supported complaints recently filed with several gov. agencies.
Good Sam-QBENA allowed a breach by accepting and paying a $2500 false claim via Interstate Wire claim for a disabling hydraulic leveler problem fix written into the purchase agreement--while I was in chemo dealing with a recurrence of ovarian cancer. Did they think I was going to die? I didn't even know a claim was submitted for 2 years!

It was discovered last August, and resulted in threats & intimidation, which ultimately have not discouraged me from warning you.

This past June, the Good Sam-GMAC full coverage insurance, which became Good Sam-National General last year, breached their agreement and tried to raise the monthly payment, which I was paying 2 months at a time, added charges their clerks and escalation supervisors could not explain (I've never had an accident) and threatened me with cancellation.

So I switched insurers ~3 weeks before my "prepaid insurance coverage" ran out, believing they might be harassing me due to the complaints I filed on othet Good Sam products, and underwriters, and asked them to refund the balance. Instead, even though they breached their original agreement with me, which means there is no agreement, they took my 2-3 weeks of pre-payments PLUS added in a cancellation fee---and sent me a bill of ~$58.00--which the collection agency kicked back because they cannot support it.

I'm filing a gov't complaint on them too.

So, the last connection I have to this incredibly scary organization run by Marcus Lemonis of the TV show, The Profit... is apparently more important than customer service, was Roadside Assistance purchased, like a fool, last December, before I found the kickback scheme.

My strap came loose on my toad, strapped to a dolley, while making a very slow turn in a cul de sac, and my left wheel went over the front. I needed a tow truck to help me jack the car back onto the dolley bucket to unload it. I was literally stuck blocking the cul de sac at fishing marina.

I called Good Sam Roadside, which is never used, gave them the description and asked for help. They put me on hold a while and the guy comes on the line & says that his boss says they cannot help me--but they can give me a list of local tow companies to call. They left me stranded. I'm a single woman, stranded, blocking traffic...told them this..he didn't care. Boss says no, contrary to they advertisement just received in the mail...to renew...for more of this bs.

I found my own tow company a few miles away, who was luckily a classic car lover, who had my 1998 convertible back in the bucket in 30 minutes for $120.00.
?
I'll file a consumer complaint with the AG on that too.

Meanwhile, beware, save yourself, your sanity, and your money :

Don't buy Good Sam products. Something very evil has invaded Lemonis' product lines, and they don't give a crap about you, about anything, but "The Profit"

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Story doesn't make sense to me.

Rewrite?

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Sorry Mr. D. I'm giving a year's worth of history of bad experiences with all Good Sam RV products, which have been filed with Attorneys General consumer complaints....concluding with Roadside Service, which would not help me about 2 weeks ago.

It's confusing for me to have had all these experiences.

I originally began uncovering fraud, and 7 month saga, under the post here at irv2 called: rv dealers & ext warranty insurance fraud.

I'm kinda updating those who followed that thread.
And I am warning others to think b4 you buy a Good Sam product.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Good Sam has a trick to take money:
They will automatically renew you unless you write them 30+ days before the last month on their "extended service plan" or "full coverage insurance" or " Roadside service" or whatever else they are peddling...
They have some fine print that they can automatically renew you "without your permission" and charge you fees to undo it.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #5

I've had Good Sam's ERS for over 10 years and have never had a problem. I've had three calls to them and they have helped me each time. I do not know what this lady is talking about. There must be more to this story than we are being told.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealstar View Post
They will automatically renew you unless you write them 30+ days before the last month on their "extended service plan" or "full coverage insurance" or " Roadside service" or whatever else they are peddling...
They have some fine print that they can automatically renew you "without your permission" and charge you fees to undo it.
Are you saying that when my GS ERS expires they are automatically going to bill me for some fine print that they never sent to me and I never signed or know nothing about? All I ever received was an GS ERS card. I don't see anything on the back of that card that says they will automatically bill me when my subscription runs out.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
good sams

i agree i purchased a class A RV last year only had coverage for about a week when i had a blow out at 1am in the middle of no wear the came out changed the tire n/c. i love good sams
Old 09-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I had all their products since 2010, but never had to use Roadside or the $118/month extended service plan.
I thought they were great too...until I found the false claim submitted by BYoung, 10/2011, for their 4th try to fix a hydraulic leveler issue covered under the Purchase Agreement. They never notified me. And when the $2500 fix did not work, BYoung tried over several emails to coerce me into using the Extended Warranty, which I knew was insurance fraud, because Good Sam explained the rules when I bought the plan. Then BY refused to fix the problem and I found a hydraulic expert, who, bless his heart, found out they had wrong parts on the HWH system.
Then everything went sideways.
Yes--they can renew you without your permission, as they explained to me after they automatically renewed my Extended Service taking payments out of my bank account in 2012 & 2013. I had to pay extra to stop it.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:58 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Dick Noble: I'll be posting all the paperwork on the Rip Off Report online soon after I give the USAG and states AG time to review it. I'll post a link here so you can see for yourself.
Based upon other complaints here about Good Sam, you probably haven't been vulnerable to being taken advantage of---or in the wrong place at the wrong time. Insurance-Dealer kick-back schemes, according to my PI friend---are notoriously common.
All I'm saying is 'beware'.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:37 AM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Dick Noble: I'll be posting all the paperwork on the Rip Off Report online soon after I give the USAG and states AG time to review it. I'll post a link here so you can see for yourself.
Based upon other complaints here about Good Sam, you probably haven't been vulnerable to being taken advantage of---or in the wrong place at the wrong time. Insurance-Dealer kick-back schemes, according to my PI friend---are notoriously common.
All I'm saying is 'beware'.

Sure sorry you have had all the trouble with GS. I hope this is a rare instance since most people have never had what I would call "extreme" circumstances like you. Hope it works out well for you!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #11

No problems here with Good Sam or National General.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:09 AM   #12

All I can say is, don't get me started on Good Sam. I realize some owners have had good service from them, but you can put me in the column of not recieving anything but BS when I needed them when a front wheel bearing went bad. They were adament that it went bad because of me, and they wouldn't cover the repair. Huh? All I was doing was cruising on I-10 in the panhandle of FL. I never did figure out what I could have done. So to say the least the very next day I cancelled .
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:45 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
I finally had to use GS.....My son was driving one of our cars while we are away. He phoned reporting the car was turning over but not starting. Told him to phone GS and ask for a tow. An hour later he was towed to our garage. Simple and it worked. I have no complaints.....ERS worked as advertised. As for being charged automatically we were not. Last year we got our renewal notice. I phoned them to talk about the rate that a new member had to pay and the larger fee a current member had to pay.....I managed to get a bit of a break on the price for two years. I don't know if I hadn't phoned if the charge would have been made automatically.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:56 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

I got GS ERS when I first got my MH, took a trip to Fla and got a blowout on Sunday New Years Day. After I called GS ant they were very good.

I let my subscription laps and was never auto charged to renew it. When I want it I call and haggle a deal to get it cheaper than advertized, which they do.

zip0 is offline   Reply With Quote