Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
I was not aware I could run my card at the pump and not have it stop at $75. Does this hold true at the diesel truck pumps, as well as at the car pumps? If so, that is definitely the way I will do it in the future.

As far as the blog and the distinction between camper and RVer -- we made that distinction for our family to delineate between boondockers (which we don't enjoy) and campgrounds. It was not to denigrate ANYBODY. We camped with tents and backpacks for many, many years. Now, we enjoy the amenities of an RV. That, for us, is the distinction between campers and RVers -- amenities. Again, sorry for any offense.
llmrealestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
I'm still looking for something to be "aware" of.
dons2346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #17

Loved your blog

I just started reading your blog. Nice job!

Cheers!
Michelle
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Glad you posted some responses. And I agree, your blog is very nice. It is good to be able to travel around our beautiful country in whatever means of travel that suits you.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #19
paz

The OP may have overreacted; but in his defense, the Pilot web site does say they have a license agreement with Bossleman's. Apparently, however, the agreement is to use the Pilot name with no obligation to accept the Pilot/Flying J discount cards. That may be because Bossleman's is not on the Pilot/Flying J computer system.

As far as the credit hold goes, that seems to be an unreasonable amount; but some semis can hold 200 to 300 gallons of fuel. At $4.00 a gallon, that could be over $1000. Bossleman's policy may be to use a $999.99 hold on any diesel purchase, which could be a good reason to avoid them.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrealestat View Post
I was not aware I could run my card at the pump and not have it stop at $75. Does this hold true at the diesel truck pumps, as well as at the car pumps? If so, that is definitely the way I will do it in the future.
I stopped at a Pilot in Kentucky this past Monday in the truck lanes. The instructions on the pump said to insert my RV card for pump start then after pumping to go inside and pay. I inserted my RV card, pumped $270.00 worth of fuel, when inside and told the cashier pump #20 and handed him my credit card. He looked at me and asked how I started the pump and before I answered he said I guess with a driver's card. I showed him my RV card he looked at it a little funny, ran the card and the receipt reflected the cash price and the 3 cents per gallon discount.

While it worked at that Pilot at others it has not worked but by taking the RV card and the credit card in they have not charged the card before I finished pumping. It will just take a little time for them to get all the company stations computers and pumps to work properly but they are trying.

Pilot/Flying J does provide a download of a PDF book that contains all of their stations that provide the discount and etc... that is if you want to download it and look before you get there. I don't bother, I just use the one that I have stopped at and if I get the discount/pump start I am happy, if not then I don't worry about it and move on down the road

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

As far as the blog and the distinction between camper and RVer -- we made that distinction for our family to delineate between boondockers (which we don't enjoy) and campgrounds. It was not to denigrate ANYBODY. We camped with tents and backpacks for many, many years. Now, we enjoy the amenities of an RV. That, for us, is the distinction between campers and RVers -- amenities. Again, sorry for any offense.
i did enjoy your blog went to wall drugs and badlands a couple years ago
pretty country. my question is after viewing your hat are you sure you are NOT a camper
just messen with you as i think you restated your position well
happy travelen,rv'n and campen
brianj
just moven thu life
where my jeep and motorhome take me
Old 09-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #22
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I was not aware I could run my card at the pump and not have it stop at $75. Does this hold true at the diesel truck pumps, as well as at the car pumps? If so, that is definitely the way I will do it in the future..............
LLM,
The $75 depends on your CC, and which pumps you use. The procedure for the auto lane pumps is to swipe the CC first, then the frequent fueler card. The receipt at the pump will show the discounted price.

For the truck lanes, you swipe the PFJ Frequent Fueler card first, then pump the fuel, then go inside and pay with any credit card. That is well worth using the truck lanes for me. If for any reason they should ask me for my truck number, I just tell them "Private RV." They have never asked the type of RV.

Happy trails.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
We readily admit that we are spoiled baby boomers who like our creature comforts. We have only been full-timing since June 7th and this is our first RV so we are learning all the time. We will try not to over-react quite so much in the future.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks, Wayne, I will try that.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
The last time I fueled at Pilot was Angola Ind. and they didn't honor my Advantage card and I paid credit price, wasn't happy but needed fuel and they had no explanation as to why they didn't honor it.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
The last time I fueled at Pilot was Angola Ind. and they didn't honor my Advantage card and I paid credit price, wasn't happy but needed fuel and they had no explanation as to why they didn't honor it.
Is that the one where I80 and I69 cross near Angola? If so, they are a Pilot/FJ owned store and do indeed accept the RV Advantage card.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks to Kim, Lynda & Cody (the Shih Tzu), for the follow-up postings and clarification. Hope to meet you folks on the road in the future.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Maybe my Itasca is a quirk but I notice a definite decrease in power and significant drop in fuel economy when doing the Pilot/Flying J fuelings, as much as 0.5 to 1.0 mpg. My particular unit definately runs strongest and most fuel efficient on HESS Regular Unleaded. Always loking out for the WILCO/HESS logo down the road !!! This also seemed the same for their diesel.

More than a bit miffed at P/FJ for the new $10.00 dump charges also... would be nice if they were as aggressive with upgrading computers as they have been with the payment machines for dumping ! My RV ADVANTAGE Card may be collecting dust for a while as they get their collective [moderator edit] in order. No, it's not the 10.00, it's more a matter of principle and personal opinion. I believe when an RV pulls in to fuelup and spends 150.00 to 300.00 they should NOT be gouged for an excessive dumping fee. Maybe set a 75.00 limit, above which the dumping would be without cost !

I do NOT suffer from mental illness, but rather enjoy it daily !