Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Birch View Post
We actually don't live in Toronto, but in Sharon,
Missed it by that much ! ( " s ). Passed through running back roads to avoid the big T. O. , from London to Stony Lake , I know I wert through Newmarket . DW's uncle was hosting a family get together, at his " cottage " still haven't heard back from him when I asked if last month's flooding in the Kawarthas backed up as far as Stony Lake .
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #16

Quote:
This thread is confined to RVs; and flood damage to RVs.

Flood damage to RVs is fully covered by the standard Automobile Insurance Policy of each and every province.
I've been told
wydeglyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
I asked if last month's flooding in the Kawarthas backed up as far as Stony Lake .
Now when I said I grew up beside a river, it was beside the Otonabee in the Peterborough area. I haven't heard of anything bad happening recently in the Kawarthas. Most of the bad stuff tends to follow a line along the north shore of Lake Ontario, and most of us north of that tend to miss some of the more fun storms.

Stoney Lake is the most memorable of the Kawarthas from our boating days. No matter where we went: rocks, rocks, rocks everywhere!! Bump, bump, bang! We finally got a map from a marina, or we never would have made it out of there!!

Ever heard of ST.PETER'S ON-THE-ROCK ANGLICAN CHURCH??

Phoenix Organs America - Quality digital church organs, pipe organ electronics and consoles

Fascinating setup, including eco-friendly pee-behind-the-bushes washrooms!

As for travelling out West, May and June are our favourite months. One of these days we might even get to see some of the more famous Alta lakes, when they aren't covered with snow!

Powell River isn't exactly the kind of place most RVers might stumble across along the way; but we did recently enjoy a leisurely summer drifting from Pacific Rim to St. John's. And then there was the Alaska to Everglades thing.

Although we have been to BC a couple of times, we would really like to go back again and spend a summer there!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Although we have been to BC a couple of times, we would really like to go back again and spend a summer there!
Been here all my life and have only seen 1/2 of the province , maybe next year. Summer traffic puts me off travel in July/ Aug.
To the OP , sorry to side track your post .
Old 07-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Best of luck to all of you in that extra wet area. If you're done with water I understand they really could use it down in Texas, if you could manage it. Come on down to Florida. I think this year we're only supposed to have 17 major storms. Always keep the tank full.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #20

[QUOTE=Skip426;1640218]Been here all my life and have only seen 1/2 of the province , maybe next year. Summer traffic puts me off travel in July/ Aug. QUOTE]

Same here! Although we have at least a few weeks reserved for obligatory local family camping during the summer months, I tend to regard Spring and Fall as our primary camping months around home.

But when on lengthy cross-continent ventures during the busy season, we have learned to enjoy Walmart hospitality along the way. On our recent trip to Alaska, we only spent 1/3 of our nights in any kind of campground. Same goes for our southern winter excursions.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #21
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBIGDoer View Post
In June 2013, most of Alberta was overwhelmed by record breaking floods. Many towns were underwater as were many, many RVs - I saw two RV lots on the news, with hundreds of submerged motorhomes and trailers.

This one was swept away by a creek, which at normal times is knee deep at best.

Beware of cheap salvage RVs for sale coming from this area.

Chris “BIGDoer”

Chris and Connie: Off the beaten path.
Hiking – Adventure – History – Exploration.
BEWARE any RV for sale ANYWHERE! Not just Alberta.
You have to know what you are buying and from who.

I don't think the people of Alberta are going to be putting their drowned RV's on eBay!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wydeglyde View Post
As a proud Albertan that lived through the flood, I find this post completely distasteful. There are thousands of people that lost everything.
I'm from Alberta and feel for all those affected.

My apologies, I was not suggesting the original owners of the RVs would try and dump them on to unsuspecting buyers. I think insurance will take care of them. Rather, once salvaged I am worried they will find their way into the hands of nefarious dealers who will clean them up and sell them in far away places.

Like what happened with hurricane Katrina in 2005 - countless flood damaged cars were patched together and sold elsewhere.

That's what I was warning about.
ChrisBIGDoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
BEWARE any RV for sale ANYWHERE! Not just Alberta.
You have to know what you are buying and from who.

I don't think the people of Alberta are going to be putting their drowned RV's on eBay!
No I am sure they won't. Some will no doubt fall into the hands of shady salvagers who will dump them on the unsuspecting however, selling to buyers who won't or don't do their homework (there are plenty of those). It happened with hurricane Katrina.
ChrisBIGDoer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs