Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2016, 01:06 PM   #15

GS towing

Good Sam towing may be good in metro areas but did not work for us in town of 2,500 in Rural North Dakota.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2016, 01:10 PM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm not letting my GS membership lapse, and no longer shopping at CW, for any reason other than the CEO doesn't care about his customers. We are only information to him, and joining GS is my way of paying him so that he can sell my information. If my information is so valuable to him, shouldn't he be paying me?

Old 10-15-2016, 02:13 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
We have had Good Sam for a few years but don't use it anymore. Every time we wen't to renew it would cost us more than if we were new customers. So, one year it would be in my name and the next in the DW's name.
Every time I have had an issue I have fixed it myself. DW says what are we paying them for?
If they valued their customers they would give everyone the same price!!
I also got tired of all there emails and mailouts that I still get 2 years later.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #18

Is GS not good for road side assistance. ? We are not planning to do much traveling out of Fla fr now but just wondering.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by loly50 View Post
Is GS not good for road side assistance. ? We are not planning to do much traveling out of Fla fr now but just wondering.

I had a breakdown in a raging snowstorm that left me (thankfully) in a turn-out on the side of I-79 in the mountains of WV on the Friday of Presidents Day weekend a opulent of years back.

Because GS RS only pays a heavily discounted fee to tow operators they all said thanks, but no thanks, during a veritable feeding frenzy of folks willing to pay full price.

The DW, deputy dog, and me spent 4 hours shivering in the cold before threatening to phone 911 convinced someone to finally get us off the road.

Unfortunately that delay also meant we didn't get off the road prior to the close of business so there was no way to rent a car until the next day so we paid for a hotel room too.

Oh, and we found out afterwards the tow operator made up for the discount by NOT pulling the driveshaft, so the $500 repair became a $4,000 transmission replacement.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:11 PM   #20

AAA for me here I think it is 125$ a year for the rv premimum
Old 12-11-2016, 07:03 PM   #21

I've never had a complaint. Seems like a couple of times when checking out at CW for incidentals, we were reminded we were coming up for renewal and got a 1 year quote for something like $119 or $129. I asked about a two year renewal and got it for $79 a year introductory price.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:28 PM   #22

The topic of this thread is the ops displeasure of not getting a refund for his good sam camping card not the roadside assistance. Hopefully this puts things back on topic. Now back to my popcorn.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
During the 18 years we have had GS Emergency Road Service our MH has been towed twice in PA and once in MD. When we had an alternator failure on our Lincoln, it was towed in MD, as well. We have also had three roadside tire changes on the coach over the years, and one on my wife's Explorer.

All three of the MH tows were relatively long distances, and everything was done professionally, both by the GS operators and the contractor tow and tire service companies. I figure we are way ahead on the balance sheet, considering the cost of the heavy-duty tows and truck tire service.

I hope our good experiences with the GS service continues, if we have to use it again. It sounds like not everyone has been so fortunate.
Rambow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:57 PM   #24

Country Coach Owners Club
There are two kinds of people in the world.

The first is the ones that are PO'ed at Good Sam and go to CoachNet

Then there are those that are PO'ed at CoachNet and go to Good Sam
Old 12-11-2016, 10:09 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
So Good Sam is bad because you didn't read the fine print in the contract? If you didn't want to stay in, why not cancel when you thought of it instead of waiting until they issued a new card for the next year? You now have the card, which you can use for discounts and other perks of having the card - - - if you'd like.
And that is the bottom line, responsibility is on the buyer to read a contract prior to signing. The rest of this thread is immaterial.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
Oh, and we found out afterwards the tow operator made up for the discount by NOT pulling the driveshaft, so the $500 repair became a $4,000 transmission replacement.
I assume you filed a claim with Good Sam ERS?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:59 AM   #27

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post

=================================================

And then there are the third kind that are fed up with both if the the above and get smart and go to:

BLUE SKY INSURANCE and Roadside Service!

(This is a non-paid endorsement for a good company.)
Old 12-12-2016, 06:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post

A BIG times 2!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum