Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2015, 06:44 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarkl View Post
Beware of title washing when buying used.
I almost bought a new toad today until I Googled the VIN and found it was a salvage title with major frontend damage late last year but the title in hand was branded as clean.
There's no federal regulation for states and it will be fixed in one and titled new in another.
Also, from the second owner, a picture copy of a CarFax report from before it was damaged, upon closer inspection showed the date printed was covered in whiteout.

Some insurance companies have different views on what is totaled. My sister in law hit a deer in Iowa. Only damage was the hood needed replaced. Thats it just the hood. Rest of the car didnt have a scratch on it. They totaled it. In Nebraska I hit a cow with my wife's car. Smashed it all to hell. I thought it should have been totaled but they didn't.

jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2015, 08:35 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Insurance and this has what to do with Craigslist sales? It's buyer beware I don't care where you buy whatever. Common sense. Ads on Craigslist most often will go to spam without a listed phone number. If I find something I have interest in and there is no phone number I have little faith in ever contacting to seller. No phone number and No price is a turn off for me. It's just my 2 cents.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:26 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOKER View Post
No phone number and No price is a turn off for me. It's just my 2 cents.
Agreed on No Price = no response.

Disagree on No Phone Number. If I'm selling something, I only give my phone number to those that respond with their zip and area codes, and have a question or two that's reasonable for whatever I'm selling.
I have zero interest in getting a bunch of calls from people that are not wanting to buy my stuff, or those that think I need help selling it.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #60

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have had very good experiences buying stuff and selling on Craigslist. Not everyone is out for a scam.

I found my virtually brand new ACME tow dolly last July on Craigslist, and the seller even allowed me to make payments!! One week ago I found a $250 MagicChef ice maker for $50, and it's great!

Do not send cash or any payment without taking delivery first. For large purchases do not carry cash, only a cashier's check. When selling, wait for their cashier's check to clear before transferring the item. That's it!
Old 02-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I bought both my motor homes on CL. While it's true that not everyone there is a scammer, not everyone there is a buyer or seller.
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #62

Not sure if everyone is aware, but there are several search engines for searching all of craigslist at the same time regardless of city/state. One of about 3 that I use is ... Search ALL of Craigslist at one time . Interesting that you can see the same scam add/posting in several cities across the country ... another indication it's a scam!
Old 03-02-2015, 06:27 AM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
KZ RV Club
What are the search engines you use? search tempest? others you could share with us? Thank you
Old 03-02-2015, 07:44 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOKER View Post
What are the search engines you use? search tempest? others you could share with us? Thank you

Onecraigs - Search all of Craigslist nationwide

SearchTempest: Search all of Craigslist nationwide & more

Used RVs, Motorhomes, and Travel Trailers for Sale | Oodle Marketplace
Old 03-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #65

Other than the one I identified and the several mentioned by bamaboy, I also use ... Craigslist Search Engine: Easily Search ALL of Craigslist
Old 03-10-2015, 09:25 AM   #66

The latest scam:
Beware of title loans when buying used vehicles. These do not show up on the title but are filed electronically and may not be known until a new title is requested.
Many states offer an online service to check for title loans before the sale, but this should be done just prior to the sale. Or better yet, all title transfers should be done at an authorized DMV office.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
In spite of the downsides of dealing with CL, I sold the Green Machine on Craigs List. Just took a deposit today. So I have bought 2 motor homes and sold one, all on CL. It was on for about a month.
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #68

Phone number?

Is it better to list your CL ad with your land line/home phone or cell number?

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:45 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano View Post
Is it better to list your CL ad with your land line/home phone or cell number?

Stano
I would use a cellphone number only because there are too many sources that will provide the address that goes with a landline number.

And X2 for all the cautionary notes above about dealing with CL or any other advertising media these days. I've sold a lot on CL. I've bought a lot from CL, including my current RV. One just has to be careful and and very skeptical. Trust but verify.

While looking for my current RV, one seller from another state, grossly overstated the condition of the RV he was selling to the point of fraud. But I later ended up buying from another out of state seller who I believe was 100% honest with me. So it's just like anything else. Some folks are honest and a small percentage are not.
Coulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:21 PM   #70

Heck I Just sold my Popup on CL in a week. Got what I had hoped to get. No issues. No phony calls or emails. Pretty good experience.😊