Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #15
Commercial Member

cees, when a coach or related products is shipped overseas, warranties become an issue. most warranties are written for warranty repairs to take place in country by an authorized dealer. this allows for proper diagnosis, and repair.
if the system is in the netherlands, there are customs, tariffs, and other legal parameters that must be met when parts are shipped there. this may be part of the cost of the parts, and shipping. i know its that way with canada. if the part is being shipped to florida, the shipment is handled differently.
if rick is sure that it is the controller, you will still have to follow the procedure in order to get your part. you secure the cost of the part and shipping with a credit card, and whatever you and rick agree on is credited back to your account when the old part is returned. its a pain, but it has to be fair to everyone involved, that the way it works, from my own personal experience. others may have had a better or different experience.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
There is a Quadra place in Florida that should be able to handle this for you. They used to work for Quadra, now work for themselves but sell Bigfoot systems exclusively.

They might be able to help.

Roy & Rita Travino
Bigfoot Leveling Systems Of Florida
http://www.bigfootleveling.com/
4411 Holden Rd.
Lakeland, Florida 33811
(855) 819-5966
roy@bigfootleveling.com

They're east of Tampa on I-4, about 1/3 the way to Orlando.

VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
cees, when a coach or related products is shipped overseas, warranties become an issue. most warranties are written for warranty repairs to take place in country by an authorized dealer. this allows for proper diagnosis, and repair.
if the system is in the netherlands, there are customs, tariffs, and other legal parameters that must be met when parts are shipped there. this may be part of the cost of the parts, and shipping. i know its that way with canada. if the part is being shipped to florida, the shipment is handled differently.
if rick is sure that it is the controller, you will still have to follow the procedure in order to get your part. you secure the cost of the part and shipping with a credit card, and whatever you and rick agree on is credited back to your account when the old part is returned. its a pain, but it has to be fair to everyone involved, that the way it works, from my own personal experience. others may have had a better or different experience.
Again shipment is to Florida Orlando
Old 02-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #18

you've been given good advice on resolving the problem with your system ...

1. secure the cost of the part and shipping with a credit card or by some other means and get your money for the part back when the defective one is returned

2. go to a local vender for your auto leveling system and work with them

3. take your camper to the dealer you purchased it from for warranty repair

4. take it back to the factory in White Pigeon, Michigan for repair

5. call Quadra Manufacturing and see if they will wave the security deposit

I've followed #1 with Bigfoot and can tell you it works .... you may not like the options but that's what you have to work with .... OK, there is another option, live with your camper as is until you decide to get a different one .... the choice is yours

Jim
Old 02-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #19

I called Gary at Quadra , we wait and see how it develops
Old 02-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #20

Well i called talk to Gary he said call you back or email me the same day.
Also i have sent Rick a email about a tech question (also no answer)
today another day he left for the weekend , and noboby got back to me.
So i do not know what to think of this again ..... to busy with other things forget , or ..........
Any way its not something i expected
Old 03-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #21

HI here a update of the complaint
I talked to the owner Gary , he did not called or emailed back (due to being very busy i guess) , we discussed the issue we did not agreed with me but he still wanted to solve the issue and gone sent me free of any charge the components.
OF course i am very happy we could resolve this , but he has says he stands behind his products , (i agree on this that you should stand behind the product ) its only for both frustrated that it has gone this way.

Now i only hope i get the right stuff and that it works like it should , that was the meaning from the start anyway.

I bought this system and cost me a lot of money but found it worth the money (if it works like it sould of course).

I keep you all updated when i received the parts!!

(would take more the 2 or 3 weeks before i get it i think (due that i am in europe and traveling)

Cees
Old 03-05-2014, 05:53 AM   #22

I'm not surprised at them standing behind their products, no matter how unreasonable the customer may be .... I hope that once you get the parts installed, your system will work well and that you will honor your promise to send the defective parts back

Jim
Old 03-05-2014, 10:08 AM   #23

This may be simple miss understanding between customer and company for which both have some blame but company is 100% percent responsible.

Customer seeks warranty support for which company will replace wrong or defective device that requires return of original.

Simple.

The full cost is charged to card with credit issued upon return of device.

But this is assumed...shoukd have been made clear in the beginning.

This is assuming the circumstance is as this...
Old 03-06-2014, 04:18 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEBar View Post
I'm not surprised at them standing behind their products, no matter how unreasonable the customer may be .... I hope that once you get the parts installed, your system will work well and that you will honor your promise to send the defective parts back

Jim
You saying i am unreasonable?

They delivered in the first place a wrong part.
Who is there to blame then?

ME?
Old 03-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cees View Post
You saying i am unreasonable?

They delivered in the first place a wrong part.
Who is there to blame then?

ME?

I do not know how businesses are run in your home country so (as noted earlier) it could easily be a misunderstanding .... if by the wrong part being installed to start with, that was a mistake which should be covered by warranty .... over here to get warranty service one customarily has to take go to an authorized warranty facility or make other arrangements with the company .... you chose not to take your camper to the dealer where it was bought for warranty service .... you chose not to take it to another authorized repair facility in your state .... instead, you demanded the part be sent to you .... here again, customarily over here when a replacement part is shipped to a person who has no legal agreement with the company, the person routinely secures the part with a credit card (or something similar) which is refunded (as has been mentioned several times above) when the defective part is returned .... the reason for this is simple, it protects the business from a person who would get the new part and not send back the old one .... that to me is reasonable .... when I had a part go bad on our Bigfoot system, that is exactly the path we took .... do I consider it unreasonable for a person to demand an expensive part be sent without firm assurance that the defective part would be returned, yes I do .... the folks at Bigfoot agreed are to be commended for doing more for you than most businesses would have .... they certainly did more than I would have done .... all this doesn't excuse the fact that the wrong part was installed in the first place .... it simply states the belief that your demands were out of line

Jim
Old 03-07-2014, 06:15 AM   #26

I do not know how businesses are run in your home country so (as noted earlier) it could easily be a misunderstanding

(thats true here by law warranty is 2 years and all cost must paid by factory)
(thats european law)

.... if by the wrong part being installed to start with, that was a mistake which should be covered by warranty
(indeed)

.... over here to get warranty service one customarily has to take go to an authorized warranty facility or make other arrangements with the company

(WHERE IS STATED I CANNOT FIND THAT ANYWHERE ON THEIR WEB SITE)

.... you chose not to take your camper to the dealer where it was bought for warranty service ....
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT? , ITS WAS INSTALLED AT A FACILITY WHO INSTALLS HYRAULIC SYSTEMS HERE IN EUROPE )

you chose not to take it to another authorized repair facility in your state .... instead, you demanded the part be sent to you .... here again,
INDEED

customarily over here when a replacement part is shipped to a person who has no legal agreement with the company, the person routinely secures the part with a credit card (or something similar) which is refunded (as has been mentioned several times above) when the defective part is returned

OK THAT NOT DONE HERE
SINCE I BOUGHT DIRECT FROM QUADRA SO GET DELIVERED BY THEM

.... the reason for this is simple, it protects the business from a person who would get the new part and not send back the old one .... that to me is reasonable ....
QUESTION OF TRUST ON BOTH SIDE'S
THIS MEANS IF DONE THAT WAY QUADRA DOES NOT TRUST THEIR COSTUMERS

when I had a part go bad on our Bigfoot system, that is exactly the path we took .... do I consider it unreasonable for a person to demand an expensive part be sent without firm assurance that the defective part would be returned,

AGAIN QUESTION OF TRUST

yes I do .... the folks at Bigfoot agreed are to be commended for doing more for you than most businesses would have .... they certainly did more than I would have done ....

OK THATS SAYS MORE OVER YOU THEN QUADRA I GUESS

all this doesn't excuse the fact that the wrong part was installed in the first place ....
THAT TRUE

it simply states the belief that your demands were out of line

I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS

Jim

Well to give you a little background about me
I was a former international truck driver
I am a CNC programmer / operator
I am a Robot programmer /engineer
I am a software developer

I run a compagny who make products for professional sports people

Think i know what i am doing , but i also make mistakes no problem thats makes me human
So easily could be me who is wrong operating the level system
But i doubt it , to solve my issue i called them ,to solve the issue
The rest is all in above
Cees
Old 03-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #27

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'll just add that I installed big foot jacks on my rv going on 3 years ago now. I do not have the automatic leveling feature, so I can't help you with that, but at least on my system, it is designed to move two jacks at the same time. I can change which pair I move, but it's always 2 at a time. That's as designed.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #28

with Bigfoot's 5th wheel auto leveling system you can switch to manual mode where you can individually lower/raise any of the 4 jacks or raise/lower both of the front or rear jacks at the same time

Jim

Tags
levelers