Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Black Water Tank Washer

I just found out that my tank washer doesn't work. I've tried filling the tank with various cleaners, water softeners, etc. I tried the "Geo Method". Is there any thing I can check or need to do to get this working? I had it in to a shop and they said it's not easily accessible and that I should look towards a drop down the toilet bowl tank washer now.

Is this true? Nothing I can do?
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Just cap that one and install another.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
even with those wands you stick down the toilet?
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Need Help with Tank Washer

Just reviving my plight due to poor response.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #5

I would think that maybe look for a defective back flow valve.I assume that water is not going into the tank?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #6

You need to give a little more info. What exactly did the shop say was wrong, are the sprayers clogged, is the check valve bad, are the lines broken? Did they remove the inlet and try to clear the lines with air? They are a pretty simple design
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
When that happened to my coach, I removed the flush system from the black tank (three screws and a water line mounted on the top of the black tank). The inside of the flush wand was full of what looked to be pulp from toilet paper and all the small spray holes were plugged. I cleaned out the pulp and drilled out the spray holes to 7/64 and re installed using clear silicone to seal the unit to the tank. The whole thing took less than 30 minutes. I can't tell you where your unit would be but mine was accessible through what everyone calls the hidden door in the passenger side of the motorhome which opens by removing two screws rather than using a latch.
bdpreece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
I would think that maybe look for a defective back flow valve.I assume that water is not going into the tank?
No water going into the tank. I can't even see where the line goes to the tank to change it or the back flow valve.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
No water going into the tank. I can't even see where the line goes to the tank to change it or the back flow valve.
On my rig, the back flow valve is actually right where you connect the hose to the flush out fitting. My backflow valve went bad when the coach was only a few month old, preventing water from being allowed in to the tank.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
dogpatch........This has been an issue on a lot of Monaco coaches. On mine, the hose connection is in the utility bay, but a line runs to the passenger side (high end of the tank) and sprays at that end. "bdpreece" gave the right answer. Fluids in the tank and paper slosh around and fill the holes in the sprayer and then dry, plugging it.

I can access the sprayer from a panel on the passenger side that was not designed to open. If you look underneath the panel, you'll see two screws holding the panel down. Remove the screws and the panel will lift up (hinged). This should give you access to the end of the tank. On top of the tank you'll see the sprayer. You can disconnect it and clean the sprayer, but my experience was that it plugged again. I removed the hose from the sprayer and used an 1/8" drill and drilled down into the sprayer head several times to open it up. I just wanted it to flood water in at that end. I didn't care about it spraying. It never plugged again.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #11
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
[QUOTE=Diplomat Don;1187075]

I can access the sprayer from a panel on the passenger side that was not designed to open. If you look underneath the panel, you'll see two screws holding the panel down. Remove the screws and the panel will lift up (hinged). This should give you access to the end of the tank. On top of the tank you'll see the sprayer. /QUOTE]

Can you give me a hint of where this panel is? Is it from an outside bay? Under the fridge? In the toilet closet or bedroom?
Better yet a photo. I'll try looking this weekend.

My model has the kitchen sink curbside, then stove, double door fridge, then washer/dryer cabinet, then toilet closet and then bedroom. (36WDD)

Oh....and thanks for everyone's assistance so far.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Go to the passenger side of the coach. as you walk from the front to the rear look at each access door until you come to a panel that does not have a door latch. Look between the panel into the slot between the panel and the door next to it on the left and you will see two screws one at the top and one at the bottom hidden between the panel and the door next to it. If you remove these two screws the panel will swing open just like the other doors.
bdpreece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #13
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
dogpatch.....Brian gave a better verbal description of where the hidden door is at. His coach has side opening doors, ours has bottom opening, so the hinge is at the top. The screws should be under the coach.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #14
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I bought a new anti-siphon valve and I'm going to try changing that out today. Can one of you that mentioned where the hidden panel that exposes the black water tank washer is take a couple of photos of it's location and post them? I've looked everywhere and can't find it. I've tried tracing the water line over to it but lose it up in the chassis. It could be that you guys have a DP on a W24 Chassis and mine is a W22 with gas.

Tags
tank, water