Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Blood Test on the Road

This is a repost for those who missed it last January.

I have to get a blood test for Cumadin, every 3-4 weeks. This is a pain when we are on the road and I have to go looking for a blood lab. I have to pay cash since I use a HMO and am not old enough for Medicare. Some labs only take insurance, hospitals have no idea what they will charge until they send you a bill, etc. I have paid $18-$125 for the same test.

I have discovered the perfect solution for locating the nearest blood lab and getting the best price on the tests I need.

The online company is called PersonaLabs www.personalabs.com

Once you set up an account, you can order any of more than 700 blood tests. They drop into a shopping cart, just like Amazon. They have a deal with 1,700 labs around the U.S. and you can search for the nearest one. The lab order goes into the lab's computer system, showing it prepaid and the charge is the cheap one that the insurance companies get. Not the walk-in cash price rip off. When you check out online, you can pay with PayPal.

Once you have checked out, the prepaid lab order goes into a computer system that all of the labs have access to. When you get to the lab, you just give them a copy of your confirmation email and the order shows up, prepaid, in the labs system. They like it because they do not have to enter all of your info into their system; it is already there. They see that it is prepaid and they take your blood and you are out the door. Personalabs will post the results to your online account in about 48 hours. You can email it to your doctor or if you have to fax it as I do, you can use Free Fax • Free Internet Faxing. I just save the results from my Personalabs account as a file and attach it to the fax on line. You can either send a free fax with an ad on it or pay $1.99 for a non-ad fax. Again, you can use PayPal for the fax.

PersonaLabs also points out that since you order your own tests and the results are only sent to you, that you can have tests done and the results will not be available to your insurance company or anyone else. I find that I like to have an ocassional blood test done and don't want to have to go through my doctor to get the lab slip. If I want him to have the results, I can send it to him or not.

I have used PersonaLabs for about 2 years and all up and down the West Coast. It is a great system and I recommend it.

Luke
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2010, 06:05 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
We also need blood test when on the road. We have so far found Quest Labs located all over the USA. Why Quest, they have been the Labs we have been using for ever.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by read & learn View Post
We also need blood test when on the road. We have so far found Quest Labs located all over the USA. Why Quest, they have been the Labs we have been using for ever.
what prices do Quest offer, is it a stand one all over or does it depend on the state
Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:34 AM   #4

Really good information here, I'm a retired paramedic/firefighter so I can relate to this. Great post.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:34 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I do not know there prices as insurance pays. Have never even had to pay co-payment.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote