Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #1

Blue ox

Does anyone use the blue ox stabilizer system? If so good, bad, or indifferent? I am have steering problems when semi's go by.. Having to oversteer left then right.. I have a 34' tiffin pusher. Service dept. wants to install blue ox stabilizer. Thanks for the info..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you're speaking of the Tru Center system... I think recent reviews here on them have been glowing.

They had quality problems when the product first came out but it seems that those have been fixed and customers now seem to be really happy with them.

I use a different brand and it made a world of difference in the handling of my 40DP but the "adjust on the fly" feature of the Tru Center is something I'm really envious of.

Feel free to use our search feature and you'll find a lot of material on the good, the bad and the ugly... but at this point I think it's all good.

Best of luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had blu ox trac bars installed front and rear and the difference is like day and night
Old 09-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #4
paz

We had one of the early, problematic TruCenter models that RickO referred to in his post. The units had a tendency to lock up because they got dirt inside. The TruCenter has been totally redesigned, and I have heard of no further problems with the units locking up since. Ours locked up and was replaced by Blue Ox at no cost several months later after the redesign and testing were complete. It has been working fine for several years now.

The TruCenter is essentially an air spring that acts as a shock absorber to resist sudden movement of the steering such as would happen with wind gusts or a tire blow out. There is a button that allows the driver to re-center the steering if there is a crown in the road or a relatively constant side wind that causes you to have to constantly correct to one side. That is a feature I really like.

In addition to the TruCenter, I also installed a rear track bar on our coach. Steering problems in motorhomes can often be traced to the long rear overhang. For that reason, a rear track bar may be of more help in your situation than a steering stabilizer. The track bar keeps the rear of the coach from shifting over the rear axle. Shifting at the rear end can cause the driver to have to make steering corrections at the front end to compensate.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I had a 32 ft. Four Winds Windsport on which I installed both the True Center steering and their Tiger Track. They were well worth the money. MH drove almost like a car.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #6

Thanks, for the input. I will have the system installed this week. Crockett
Old 09-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
Does anyone use the blue ox stabilizer system? If so good, bad, or indifferent? I am have steering problems when semi's go by.. Having to oversteer left then right.. I have a 34' tiffin pusher. Service dept. wants to install blue ox stabilizer. Thanks for the info..
I had the exact same problem with my Winnebago Warrior. I installed steer safe myself. Now I have no more problems. It cost me $350 plus tax at camping world. Here's a link to their web site:

Steer Safe
Old 09-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #8

Thanks, for your input, called mr. Tiffin and he is paying for a blue ox to be installed in my coach
Old 09-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had not heard of the Blue Ox System, but ran across lots of talk in the Quartzite thread last year and the Steer-Safe System. After checking them out I found they were located in a town I had plans to visit, so I made an appointment and had the sytem installed when I was there. Made a world of difference and it will go on any repalcement Coach I might ever purchase down the road from here.

Mochisme is offline   Reply With Quote