Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
Some RV dealerships have body shops, which would probably be the best place to start.
As I scrolled through the posts I was thinking exactly that. Find a dealer who sells the brand you have. If they don't have a body shop ask them if they know or use someone they could or would recommend.
Doesn't anyone trust an RV dealer for anything?
Lynn
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
While driving by a golf course our vehicle got hit by an errant ball. Dented it pretty good. Easy to see it was a golf ball hit. The guy who did it fessed up easily and we took it to a paintless hail dent remover. If I told you the approximate location of the hit I'd defy anybody to find it. He used no paint and no bondo. I was impressed.

What you have on your MH is a painless/paintless fix. Based on the pictures there is no apparent breaks in the paint clear coat or for sure paint coat. Easily fixed to the point that you'd never know.

A word of caution!!! Since I can see no break in the paint if you try to add some clear coat you're asking for a problem. If you use any even the finest grit wet/dry sand paper (1000,1500, 2000) you asking for trouble unless you know what you're doing.

I'm not a body man nor a dent repairer but I know that could be fixed in about an hour. Carefully protecting the paint from scratches with painters tape and/or some real thin 1/8" foam like a door mat then using some wood as suggested and C-clamps.

Some shop(s) might tell you it's going to cost $1,500 to $2,000 bucks to get it right. You drive an expensive rig and they think you'll spare no expense to get it back to 100%. Just be careful!!

I once lowered our new car down with the drivers door wide open onto a 55 gallon drum and jacked the drivers door straight up at the top rear corner at least 8" to 10". I used a jack some 2 X 4's and some desperate common sense. I had it fixed and about 98% aligned in 2-hours.

The top metal rim of the drum did put an 1/8" wide slot in the bottom of the door. Nobody ever knew it was there but me.

Three years later when we traded it in as we departed the dealer lot with the new ride I started laughing. My DW asked what was so funny? It was then that I told her about my screw up three years earlier. We still laugh about that!!!
Old 06-27-2017, 06:05 PM   #17

I only recently became aware of paintless dent repair...a friends car was damaged by a major hail storm...broke windshield and damed every body panel as well as trim pieces. He said painless did an amazing job.
You might reconsider the DIY approach as a first attemp...if you change the nature of the dent it might make paintless repair not possible?
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:33 AM   #18

I tried it, it looks better but you can still tell. We'll wait a year or so and get it fixed. It's very minor. I'm new to RVing and afraid I might get another "learning experience" so will wait an get them all fixed at the same time.
Paintless dent removal looks like the way to go.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote