Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #1

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I am so excited today. Only a month away from our first camping trip of the season AND I booked the rest of our trips this week. It's been such a COLD, LONG winter that I feel like spring is never going to get here !!

We have 81 nights on the books right now including 10 days in Panama City Beach and 12 nights at Fort Wilderness next Christmas. We have gotten two other families into camping since we started and we have lots of fun weekends planned locally with friends and family.

It's going to be a great year and I can't wait to get started !! </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #2

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I am so excited today. Only a month away from our first camping trip of the season AND I booked the rest of our trips this week. It's been such a COLD, LONG winter that I feel like spring is never going to get here !!

We have 81 nights on the books right now including 10 days in Panama City Beach and 12 nights at Fort Wilderness next Christmas. We have gotten two other families into camping since we started and we have lots of fun weekends planned locally with friends and family.

It's going to be a great year and I can't wait to get started !! </span>

Old 02-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #3

Cool! I wish I could plan that far out. Our schedules don't seem to permit planning more than about a month out. Have fun and make the most of your time outdoors!
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Whoooo Hoooo! Have fun and please share your adventures with us! Come on Spring!
Old 02-21-2008, 04:06 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know were I will be tomarow let alone next month.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:42 AM   #6

I have 9 three day week-ends and 3 one week adventures planned this year. Only 1 of the week trips is booked but I hope to be able to book after the first one. Only time will tell.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:52 AM   #7

Lucky you being able to plan that far in advance! Right now we will be doing more "spur of the moment" camping. We were able to get one trip planned...we're going to Oklahoma City the first part of April. Taking our 5 yr old g'son, so it ought to be interesting.
AuntSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:58 AM   #8

We've been doing the same thing. Planning out our summer weekends. We're gone with the RV just about every weekend with the band so then we fill in between those with regular camping. We've also have a two week vacation planned at Fort Wilderness this October! Sure can't wait till spring.

Shaun and Amy

2000 Freightliner Sportchassis - 300 CAT, 6 speed Alison
Shaun and Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:34 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cool! I wish I could plan that far out. Our schedules don't seem to permit planning more than about a month out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Sometimes I wish I didn't have to plan so far out. But with the kids school/softball/baseball/band camp schedules it's easier to plan ahead. The campgrounds around MI seem to fill up too...maybe because of the shorter season ?? Most of our weekends this summer are going to be spent camping with other people and we want to make sure we can get sites close to each other.</span>

Old 02-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #10

WE can relate to the long winter stress. MN has been brutal this year as well. We have our entire summer filled with trips, rallys, and close to home camping with friends also. I have always felt that with the short camping seasons we have this far north we need to get in every day we can. WE start in april and end late october no matter how cool it is. Think Spring
Old 02-29-2008, 05:02 AM   #11

Yes indeed spring is getting closer as we speek One of the things the DW and I have found with having a perminant campsite is that we have everything ther and know we will be ther every weekend We already have our long weekends and vacations planed My boss gets a charge out of me giving him my vacation and days of for the summer in January every year

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:45 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lil'Darlin1972:

It's going to be a great year and I can't wait to get started !! </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations Shannone on your planning. I am envious as Bev & I are sick of all the snow & ice. We have a bad case of Cabin Fever as most people in the snow belt do. My City responsibilities won't allow me to plan that far ahead. I have 2 trips planned. We are going to GNR at Forest City in July and the Workhorse Rally at Myrtle Beach in Oct. The rest of my camping will be week ends Thursday - Sunday as the urge hits us.

Keep us posted on all the fun you are going to have.

Thanks;
Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote