Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2016, 06:27 AM   #1

Bounder

We or looking at a 2003 Bounder. The spedo we think it has been ran back.had Lil over 3,000 New in 02. Then in 2007 had 62,000 miles then 3 years later 25,000 miles on it. It was inspected that year saying it didn't indicate to be of a spedo roll back. I think 2002 was the last year you could roll one back it has the old style spedo this is the year it was made sold as a 2003. Should we walk away? Thanks Ronnie.BTW Workhorse

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2016, 06:38 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Depends on the Price...... bought a Chieftain once with over 70K on it and never had any major problems. Coach itself was in Very good shape. Got it for a Great Low Price. Also are you in the position to do any mechanical work or will you have to take it to a shop?
One big question also...... Ford or Work horse chassis?

cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:39 AM   #3

Don't walk, RUN!!!
Obviously the owner or previous owner/s had something to hide, and if it's any indication, think of what else they might have hidden, not mentioned, lied about.
Too many other rv's out there with good/correct records to risk getting one with a questionable past.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:51 AM   #4

Workhorse
Old 09-04-2016, 07:05 AM   #5

We're all pretty quick to jump to a negative conclusion and think that the seller is trying to pull something (I'm including myself in that group), but is it possible that a defective speedo was replaced at some point - say about 25,000 miles ago?
Old 09-04-2016, 07:59 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You can gave it throughly gone through by an RV Tech and Workhorse mechanic if it appears to be worth it. Then you'll be able to decide if it has been taken care of properly.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:25 AM   #7

2003 bounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
You can gave it throughly gone through by an RV Tech and Workhorse mechanic if it appears to be worth it. Then you'll be able to decide if it has been taken care of properly.
where can I find one at ? We live Around 900 miles. From the dealer that has a good reputation they going to check it out. All we have seen is the pictures. It has had 3 owners. And from Alaska where it had been most of the rv's life. I don't mind working on small things. But tranny works I don't do just oil and filter changes.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #8

$30,000 Most all of the picture's it looks new on the inside. Has a few spots on the carpet. It's in Texas
Old 09-04-2016, 04:41 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Does the 2003 Workhorse have the dashboard that had to be replaced, sometimes several times. On my 2006 they reset the speedo to match the old one when it was replaced. Could it be a replacement that wasn't set to match the old mileage?

Glenn
Old 09-05-2016, 06:21 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I will catch grief on this, but the Workhorse has had a lot of issues. Also folks have complained about getting parts. Workhorse owners either Love it or hate it.

I have had several buddy's who have had issues with the Brakes, Ignition, axle bearing just to name a few. I Would not Buy a Workhorse.

Research the Workhorse Forum for some of the concerns. Some are below.

Workhorse 8.1L engine problems

Workhorse 8.1 and Stalling...dealing with a real problem

Workhorse problems.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/
Old 09-05-2016, 06:27 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Also I forgot the Auto Brake problem...... there is no Park, only the Auto Brake.

It works and then will not Release so you cannot move. Or it Will Not Work, or it comes on when you are traveling down the road.

"There have been some issues with the Auto-Park on these Chevy and Workhorse chassis. If I remember correctly, there is a valve in the system that is prone to failure. Go to the Workhorse and Chevy Chassis section of the forum and search for Auto-park. You will find some threads discussing these problems on chassis similar to yours."

Workhorse auto park brake
Old 09-05-2016, 07:30 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
2002 is the year of the Workhorse with the 8.1L engine with the Allison transmission.

If it doesn't have that combination then it may have a 2001 chassis.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #13

Went there and some place else that had the VIN numbers listing but so small I couldn't make out the numbers. Would love to have a copy of it. Can't find it anyplace on the sites. The coach is listed as a 2003 but the chassis was made in 2002. Can't make up my mind on this at all. Wife thinking bout walking away. Thanks I love this site Ronnie
Old 09-06-2016, 07:26 PM   #14

Thanks all. Well found out today the water leak in our 2002 Class C is worse. Had to walk away from the Bounder. Thanks for all the help

Tags
bounder