Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2013, 12:27 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV are like horses. They come in different colors, breeds, shapes, sizes and all have special talents, abilities and needs. Bottom line, enjoy what fits you best. Each to his own taste. Me I like meat and potatoes, burgers and fries sound good.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #16

Probably the easiest way to judge RV's is just simply by price. Many manufacturers make units in various price ranges. I'd start with the entry level which I would define as a MSRP of less than $300,000. Tiffin and Newmar makes some in that range as does Thor, Forest River, Coachmen, and Fleetwood. Then you would jump to the $300,000 to $550,000 range and now we'd add Entegra, Monaco, the Forest River Charleston, and Thor's tag axle coaches. Then you hit the sky's the limit if someone is so inclined.

I think you'll find quite a range of opinions on which is the best. It starts with how much do you want to spend and what floor plan do you find most appealing. Nail down your must-haves, wanto haves, and could care less options and you'll start to narrow your choices. Everyone has an opinion. Some on here will tell you can't beat a particular brand. Others will tell you that particular brand is nothing but a headache in a can. Narrow your choices down and then see what others say about that brand and then your decision would become much easier.

Ed

Old 03-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Probably the easiest way to judge RV's is just simply by price. Many manufacturers make units in various price ranges. I'd start with the entry level which I would define as a MSRP of less than $300,000. Tiffin and Newmar makes some in that range as does Thor, Forest River, Coachmen, and Fleetwood. Then you would jump to the $300,000 to $550,000 range and now we'd add Entegra, Monaco, the Forest River Charleston, and Thor's tag axle coaches. Then you hit the sky's the limit if someone is so inclined.

I think you'll find quite a range of opinions on which is the best. It starts with how much do you want to spend and what floor plan do you find most appealing. Nail down your must-haves, wanto haves, and could care less options and you'll start to narrow your choices. Everyone has an opinion. Some on here will tell you can't beat a particular brand. Others will tell you that particular brand is nothing but a headache in a can. Narrow your choices down and then see what others say about that brand and then your decision would become much easier.

Ed
The misses and I have looked at everything you mentioned and then some. We're going to use the advice of needs, wants, and it doesn't matter. We have a floorplan in mind and a price we want to spend.
So we're just going to run with it from there. We know the coach we would really like to have and that's the goal.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatnobeer View Post
The misses and I have looked at everything you mentioned and then some. We're going to use the advice of needs, wants, and it doesn't matter. We have a floorplan in mind and a price we want to spend.
So we're just going to run with it from there. We know the coach we would really like to have and that's the goal.

Ray, you and I should start our own new club....."Entegra wannabes" and do our own rallies! After all, we former and current WNYers have to stick together.....even on our coach choices.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #19

We bought a Gulf Stream 6340 super c and on the Gulf Stream part of This site it go's both ways some love them and some are not happy with there's. I think you will always see a new and what you may think is nicer but at the end of the day yours is the one that gets you out and into your escape. Hope this helps.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
From what I'm gathering there really is nothing more to it then but what you like and can afford, than cross your fingers and hope that the tranny doesn't fall off. Maybe I should have asked about extended warrantees instead! 😏
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3648605926.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	540.8 KB
ID:	35274  

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Ray, you and I should start our own new club....."Entegra wannabes" and do our own rallies! After all, we former and current WNYers have to stick together.....even on our coach choices.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #22

My 1st fort was blankets over chairs.

Our RV is a fine fort.
Some require a castle. And that's okay.
But my fort is better than their fort!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raining Star View Post
From what I'm gathering there really is nothing more to it then but what you like and can afford, than cross your fingers and hope that the tranny doesn't fall off. Maybe I should have asked about extended warrantees instead! ��

Well, Entegra has a two year bumper to bumper warranty. To the best of my knowledge no other manufacturer offers a two year warranty. If your budget can warrant the cost, you may want to check out Entegra.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
RV's are like women. They come in different colors, shapes, sizes and all have special talents, abilities and needs. Bottom line, enjoy what fits you best. Each to his own taste. Me I like meat and potatoes, burgers and fries sound good.
There, I fixed it for ya.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Hummm.....all this talk about coaches this, price that, size whatever. We're just happy to be able to hook up our nice little 25 foot R-Vision Onyx travel trailer and haul our backsides to a nice park, pull out the chairs, break open a good bottle of vino and enjoy the company, or not. For the price difference ($20,000 vs $300,000), I can buy one heck of a lot of cases of good vino.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
There is no way you can drink up $280000 worth of vino.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
There is no way you can drink up $280000 worth of vino.
Maybe not, but I'll put a good dent in it.

Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote