Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeymozzer View Post

Exactly, they actually lowered the price on the unit almost $800. I understand every bit of advise given here and I appreciate it. But honestly I would prefer not to give more out of pocket. Or if it comes down to it maybe half of what they want
You realize that the more you pay now, the less you pay later!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
No offense intended, but sounds like you should look for a cheaper trailer. I would suggest you go to your credit union and discuss how much they would finance for you, then go shopping with those numbers. Maybe look at some private sellers that might provide you a better deal for starting out.

Good luck with your decision.
X2, buy want you can afford and always get pre-qualified.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Exactly, they actually lowered the price on the unit almost $800. I understand every bit of advise given here and I appreciate it. But honestly I would prefer not to give more out of pocket. Or if it comes down to it maybe half of what they want
Then walk away!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater View Post

I'm just curious, but if you can't come up with the $690 to buy it how are you going to be able to afford a weekend camping trip. Because once buy it you are going to have an RV payment and insurance. Then you are still going to have to come up with $400-$500 for a low budget weekend of camping. $690 is a walk in the park compared to how much it's going to cost to maintain and use it once you have it. Just some food for thought.

Your alternative is to save some more money and make the purchase when you can afford it. The bank clearly feels that the original terms of the loan put them at more risk than they were comfortable with.
If you read my other post I said I could but didn't want to pay more out of pocket. Because I'm set on only $1000 down as originally had been asked for by dealership.

One local trip under my belt....many more notches to nitch
Joeymozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow5656 View Post

Then walk away!!!
This is a tough group here, don't bang that head to hard, it might crack..... I appreciate the feedback.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #48

Quote:
I appreciate all the replies and advice. It is about want and need. Both sides of the coin land on yes and no, can I afford the monthly payment and the extra deposit? Yes. Do I want to for out $690 more? No. I guess I'll wait for their call and go from there. But I know how they handle communication so it looks like ill be calling them. Hope to join theRV world soon
Hey, that $690 can pay for a couple weekends out. Shop for a slightly cheaper one and get out and enjoy!

I have some time on my hands right now - if you want, PM me the make and model, what you like about it and where you are at, and I'll help you look for another one or similar.

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post

Hey, that $690 can pay for a couple weekends out. Shop for a slightly cheaper one and get out and enjoy!

I have some time on my hands right now - if you want, PM me the make and model, what you like about it and where you are at, and I'll help you look for another one or similar.

Kathryn

~~~
thanks

Old 08-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
If you read my other post I said I could but didn't want to pay more out of pocket. Because I'm set on only $1000 down as originally had been asked for by dealership.
It's not the DEALER who sets financial terms unless you're financing through them - if it's a 3rd party financial company, THEY set the terms of the down payment. Therein lies the issue - it's NOT a breach of contract.

Your choice - take the deal with financing with the increased amount down to secure the loan, or, as others have suggested - walk away, save your cash and come back later.

We all wish you luck with this...but realilze that the finance company is running the show, not the dealer - it's the finance company who is putting THEIR cash on the line so you can purchase the RV.
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagosajoe View Post
It's not the DEALER who sets financial terms unless you're financing through them - if it's a 3rd party financial company, THEY set the terms of the down payment. Therein lies the issue - it's NOT a breach of contract.

Your choice - take the deal with financing with the increased amount down to secure the loan, or, as others have suggested - walk away, save your cash and come back later.

We all wish you luck with this...but realilze that the finance company is running the show, not the dealer - it's the finance company who is putting THEIR cash on the line so you can purchase the RV.
Yes I think I'm walking away, they haven't returned my call/message from yesterday. I let them know where I stand. I think my best bet is save the $200 I would have paid, save for one year and then match it and see what I can afford/find

Old 08-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Yes I think I'm walking away, they haven't returned my call/message from yesterday. I let them know where I stand. I think my best bet is save the $200 I would have paid, save for one year and then match it and see what I can afford/find
Sounds like a great decision - save the cash, get the RV later, be sure to stop in here at iRV2!

Cheers
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagosajoe View Post
Sounds like a great decision - save the cash, get the RV later, be sure to stop in here at iRV2!

Cheers
Thank you, I think I'll stick around and learn

Old 08-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #54

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Kathryn is very right. They knocked 24 months of the terms only wanting $690 more, they are not calling you back because they have told you everything that is needed to get this deal done. If you let this $690 keep you from getting what you want then you can't afford it. As for another post saying that you should arrange your own financing, we here at the car dealership almost always beat someone's own financing rates. We do more so we get money for less than you the individual can. I would have taken the deal. There's only so much the dealer can cut. He isn't a non profit organization.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagamore View Post
Kathryn is very right. They knocked 24 months of the terms only wanting $690 more, they are not calling you back because they have told you everything that is needed to get this deal done. If you let this $690 keep you from getting what you want then you can't afford it. As for another post saying that you should arrange your own financing, we here at the car dealership almost always beat someone's own financing rates. We do more so we get money for less than you the individual can. I would have taken the deal. There's only so much the dealer can cut. He isn't a non profit organization.
Till they do a credit check........^^^^^^ goes up then if one does not score high enough like happened in this thread if I had to guess......
Old 08-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #56

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's the only way we can beat their rate is thru a credit check.