Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Let us know if they ever contacted you...Either way they have your check....so either their going to have to "void" it out or make you happy.
Left another message yesterday as both financial guys were away and today still no call back

One local trip under my belt....many more notches to nitch
Joeymozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #72

So I called today and spoke w a manager, they said as long as they can work a deal w the bank where I won't need to pay more on the down then it's a done deal, unless they can't find a way for bank to approve the loan. Also I told them I saw the same make, model and year trailer online for almost $2500 cheaper, they said send them the ad or online copy. Does it matter if its out of state? They might be able to lower it more

EDIT****
I just spoke to the dealership that advertises it cheaper and he said I'm not binded because they don't have a vin or I haven't taken delivery. And they should match his price or close to

Old 08-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #73

Joey, after reading this and the responses from everyone, I have to wonder what kind of finance people this dealership has, I am a finance manager for a equipment company and have been for 20 years. If these finance guys can't get you approved for another $1490 to get the deal closed, $800 from them and $690 from you, if I understood you correctly and read right, they shouldn't have a job. And to answer your question, no, you are not breaching a contract since the terms have changed. Good luck to you and I hope you get what you want, If it were me, I would get my $1000 back and go elsewhere to a dealership who appreciates your business, by returning your calls promptly.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestboat View Post
Joey, after reading this and the responses from everyone, I have to wonder what kind of finance people this dealership has, I am a finance manager for a equipment company and have been for 20 years. If these finance guys can't get
you approved for another $1490 to get the deal closed, $800 from them and $690 from you, if I understood you correctly and read right, they shouldn't have a job. And to answer your question, no, you are not breaching a contract since the terms have changed. Good luck to you and I hope you get what you want, If it were me, I would get my $1000 back and go elsewhere to a dealership who appreciates your business, by returning your calls promptly.
This is really stressing me out, they used the "cooling off" term. Is it likely they can much the online model?

I called a lawyer that deals w dealership Fruad and they said I'm legally binded but don't have to give more $, and that if they can't find a lender that the dealership has to finance on their own which they hate to do

Old 08-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeymozzer View Post
This is really stressing me out, they used the "cooling off" term. Is it likely they can much the online model?

I called a lawyer that deals w dealership Fruad and they said I'm legally binded but don't have to give more $, and that if they can't find a lender that the dealership has to finance on their own which they hate to do
No need to call a lawyer at this point, call the general manager or sales manger of the dealership and tell them you want the deal you agreed to or your money back. I would go to the dealership in person and get this finished up.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #76

Quote:

No need to call a lawyer at this point, call the general manager or sales manger of the dealership and tell them you want the deal you agreed to or your money back. I would go to the dealership in person and get this finished up.
I Just wanted to get clarification on what my rights are so they won't try and scare me into this

I emailed a link to the lowers deal and will provide a hard copy, if they can match or lower the price then awesome. If they still require more then no, the finance guy said they are still trying to find a loan.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #77

Quote:
I Just wanted to get clarification on what my rights are so they won't try and scare me into this

I emailed a link to the lowers deal and will provide a hard copy, if they can match or lower the price then awesome. If they still require more then no, the finance guy said they are still trying to find a loan.
How far are you from the dealership? I can get a person $200,000 loan same day most of the time. Someone isn't doing there job.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #78

Quote:

How far are you from the dealership? I can get a person $200,000 loan same day most of the time. Someone isn't doing there job.
Like 20 min, ok

Update...
They lowered out the door price after ins. Extended Warranty, added options; $3,000 in the end the trailer is lowered almost $1500. They still require 10% which is an extra $570. Monthly would be $30 less...... I am happy but my CFO isn't :( she doesn't want to give a dime extra out of pocket. I'm done w it I told her you talk to them now.

Thanks all for the listening ears and reading eyes

Old 08-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #79

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You were never going to get off the lot with less than 10% down IMHO. I assume this was a new TT - not used - so if it wasn't cut already, drop the Extended Service Contract. If you want one later when factory warranty expires you can get it and not finance it. You seem to have gotten it where it needs to be and again - it was an unrealistic expectation to get it without 10% down. Renegotiate with your CFO.
Good luck.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
You were never going to get off the lot with less than 10% down IMHO. I assume this was a new TT - not used - so if it wasn't cut already, drop the Extended Service Contract. If you want one later when factory warranty expires you can get it and not finance it. You seem to have gotten it where it needs to be and again - it was an unrealistic expectation to get it without 10% down. Renegotiate with your CFO.
Good luck.
So extended warranty can wait? Who can I purchase it from after?

Old 08-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #81

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by blang View Post
On the other hand... your credit has already been pulled, perhaps more than once. This does not help your credit score, going forward. At this point, the only thing worse than the hit to your score would be if there is not a resulting trade line... which will make it look worse to anyone pulling it in the future. If you want the trailer and you think you got a good price, jump through the hoop the bank wants, thereby buying down the loan. By the way... as someone above suggested... talk directly with the lender, if possible.
Score is not necessarily affected adversely by rate shopping. Credit reporting agencies typically ignore credit inquiries for auto, home, and other large purchase for a period of time because they understand people will be shopping for the best rates. More inquiries do not always mean lower score.

I do agree that getting financing secured from a separate lender before shopping is the correct method for financing the purchase of any large purchase, even if you end up using the dealer's financing anyway. I did that when I purchased a 2012 Ford Focus toad last year, and ended up with 0% financing through Ford Credit. I would not have been able to do that had I not already had approved financing through my credit union when I walked into the dealership.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #82

Quote:
So extended warranty can wait? Who can I purchase it from after?
Just Google "where can I purchase extended RV warranty"

Lots of options pop up, and most will be a better deal than what the dealer offers! This is a cash cow for the dealer. Big markup item with no inventory!

You need to do it while the RV in question is still under all manufactures warranties, but you will have time to research.

Good luck,
H

hdossett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdossett View Post

Just Google "where can I purchase extended RV warranty"

Lots of options pop up, and most will be a better deal than what the dealer offers! This is a cash cow for the dealer. Big markup item with no inventory!

You need to do it while the RV in question is still under all manufactures warranties, but you will have time to research.

Good luck,
H
I've been looking into them, so it has to be done before the 12mo that coachman offers? Should the dealer remove this now since it's on the original contract or would they give me a hard time to take it off? It would lower the loan by $1500

Old 08-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #84

Quote:
I've been looking into them, so it has to be done before the 12mo that coachman offers? Should the dealer remove this now since it's on the original contract or would they give me a hard time to take it off? It would lower the loan by $1500
It would be a "renegotiation" item the same as modifying the down payment amount! Not sure if it will effect the 10% requirement or not. Sometimes thise items are allowed 100% as an add on. Dealer makes a lot of money on them, and may be willing to discount it, thus allowing that discount amount to apply to the 10% requirement.

These guys should be sitting across the table form you giving you all these options to make the deal work on your terms. Bottom line is to stick to your bottom line, or less, and no more cash out pocket! They can make it work if they want the sale!

H.

hdossett is online now   Reply With Quote