Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #99

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz

Thats rather harsh, isn't it? Dealers get this ALL the time, they are in business.

My Ex got banned from a dealership once after screaming at the dealer about $250 in options. They wouldn't sell us ANYTHING after that. Note I said Ex.
X2 - they give and they receive. And above all they know that many buyers get emotionally invested pretty quickly, and anyone who thinks they won't use that against ya for all it's worth is missing something. In this case - I do feel like the bank was the one pulling the strings and the dealer was working it pretty hard on buyers behalf.

Elbows can come out on both sides of a transaction. At the end of the day it's business, not personal. Once this deal is done, the dealer will be glad to take OPs money in the future. The thing is - until ya drive away with it - ya have to be ready to walk away from it. Plenty of fish in the sea and more than one body of water. JMHO

Congrats on the EX - sounds like they made $250 personal!
Steve

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneumanns View Post
I'm sorry to say but after following this post if I were the dealer I'm not sure I would want you as a customer. To much back & forth over a rather small amount of money.
Lol, I doubt they would ever do that, they are in the business of selling and making $$ so honestly doubt they would have thought that.

And after all this I do now believe that it was the bank, I spoke to the sales manager today and tomorrow it should be a done deal. He did say they would cancel the deal if this final offer wasn't excepted. He did say "back n forth" too, but as you can see that was his bluff, as they called me once again to say there last and best offer would be to give me a credit card reimbursement of the additional down payment. So in the end they forked over the $$.

I will have them document this offer and reimbursement on the contract, or ill call in the balance on the card before signing anything. I also have him my honest opinion on my experience and what I honestly thought of the professionalism and customer service of his crew. He said he wants me happy and wants referrals. I said "no way I could refer anyone unless I'm 100% satisfied" and did say "hmmmm maybe compensation for this experience in the form of a brake controller or something". Of course he said "I'll see what I can do"

One local trip under my belt....many more notches to nitch
Joeymozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #101

iRV2 No Limits Club
Don't get greedy. Yes there is a point that any business will "invite" you to shop somewhere else. IMHO you are getting close to that point.

It would be much better to be on good terms with the dealer for future warranty work.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #102

I have "fired" customers from business. It gets to the point where cheapskate chiselers are just not worth the time, effort or money. I show them the door and save myself the aggravation of having to deal with them down the line. On the other hand I go out of my way to take care of my great customers and make sure they're happy.
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #103

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^ that makes sense but negotiations are negotiations and somewhat adversarial to begin with. If negotiations aren't a little rocky someone is either asking too little or paying too much. The old sayin was - the first one to mention money looses.

And while everything is negotiable - some things in well established markets are not. Even then, politely asking the seller / service provider to sharpen their pencil is perfectly acceptable and doesn't make the buyer a low down cheapskate deserving the boot. A polite no works for most folks. Just business. Nothing personal. And of course JMHO - but more people should try to bargain in RV sales and service because it's an expensive game and most customers will be back with more issues. Just the nature of the game.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #104

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The haggling was done, the contract was signed and sent to the bank, the bank wanted more $$$ down. The dealer has lowered the price some more and is even paying the extra down payment and now you want to squeeze him some more? The bank is the "bad guy?", not the dealer. (I don't believe the bank is wrong in wanting to protect their investment)

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #105

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Let us know when it's sitting in your driveway....Good to see that after all this you are getting what you set out to get...for the most part under "your" terms....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Let us know when it's sitting in your driveway....Good to see that after all this you are getting what you set out to get...for the most part under "your" terms....
Thanks, hope to go finalize everything Sunday. But it will sit in the lot for a few weeks until I ER my FJ Cruiser ready and safe to haul

Old 08-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #107

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
By the way what tt were you buying? With all this talk about $$$$ I forgot what your FJ will be pulling.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:16 AM   #108

you should think alot about this deal, i would guess that this dealer is not giving you a good price on the rv, you can find such good buys that are used in all types of rvs and financing available, if they want more you should ask for your check back and run away from this place, they already have the impression that you are anxious and you should be glad to let them go. good luck and take time.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
By the way what tt were you buying? With all this talk about $$$$ I forgot what your FJ will be pulling.
It's a coachman ultra lite BH17

The deal I got is better then when I first walked into the lot. They have lowered it over $4500

Old 08-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #110

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeymozzer

It's a coachman ultra lite BH17

The deal I got is better then when I first walked into the lot. They have lowered it over $4500
So when do you bring her home? And more importantly - when is the first road trip?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #111

Tiffin Owners Club
Wow, As I was reading all the posts, I see you really went through a lot. Looks like persistance has paid off. So, when you get your RV home, take some photos and post them here for us. Most of all, put all the stress behind you and enjoy!!
kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

So when do you bring her home? And more importantly - when is the first road trip?
I'm going into tomorrow to look over the final contract, it might sit on the lot for a few weeks after that. Just until my FJ is fully ready, they said it shouldn't be a problem throwing in the brake controller. So if that is added soon ill need a wire harness and weight distribution hitch.

Planning a trip to Yosemite in November