Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #113

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz

Thats rather harsh, isn't it? Dealers get this ALL the time, they are in business.

My Ex got banned from a dealership once after screaming at the dealer about $250 in options. They wouldn't sell us ANYTHING after that. Note I said Ex.
I believe it. As there are bad dealers, vendors, retailers, suppliers, etc. there are bad customers. There is more to business than just making a sale. The relationship needs to work for both parties. If someone walked into my shop and screamed, that creates a hostile environment. I need to ask them to leave and I don't need to do business with them.

Mike

2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2013, 01:46 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeymozzer View Post
I'm going into tomorrow to look over the final contract, it might sit on the lot for a few weeks after that. Just until my FJ is fully ready, they said it shouldn't be a problem throwing in the brake controller. So if that is added soon ill need a wire harness and weight distribution hitch.

Planning a trip to Yosemite in November
Wow! Good for you! You don't ask, you don't get.

So by standing your ground, and having the guts to ask for the extra throw-away ... you end up with an EXTRA 25% +/- off your price!

Good lesson for all readers ... 35 years in sales, and that is about the biggest thing I learned ... as the "buyer", as long as everyone remains calm and civil, it never hurts to ask. I once got a $100,000 proceeds check from a real estate closing, cashed for a client on a Friday afternoon simply by remaining calm but firm, and every time we got a "No" used my magic problem solver ... "I'm sorry, but who do we have to talk to to get it done?" About 30 repetitions and 5 levels higher, ended up with a phone call to a VP in national headquarters in NY ... and we walked out with cash.

Never hurts to be a bulldog!

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #115

I'm glad it all will work out , we got married at 19 , when we would buy a car , truck, back then we did not know about the credit score or how it works .
Now (53) we pay our bills on time and have a score of 800 . We bought a 2012 flagstaff 31' I think it listed for 36,000 ...
Went to 3 ig rv shows got some actual pricing , went to credit union and bank got there best rate .

Went to the dealer Explore USA in canton Texas , set down with him and started to haggle , close to the end of the month , walked away one day , they called back agreed on price , free 4-way equalizer hitch .. David the salesman drove 50 miles with the papers for us to sign

They had a better interest rate from a bank that does a lot of high end MH , every one was calm , we had a price point and the did too .
But we new we were pre-qualified for a amount and rate ?

Good luck getting back on your feet , my daughter had to have surgery and our part after insurance was 23,000 dollars , took us a while to pay that off
Old 08-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Birch View Post
Perhaps someone else can provide you with advice in this area. I really don't have any experience with credit. Other than obtaining a mortgage to purchase a house, I haven't financed anything since 1965.
As a retired Banking Exec., I can. Like an auto, you drive it off the lot and 25'ish percent of the sales price has just gone down the "Loo." Repoing a car is one thing, repoing a trailer/MH is really quite another.

My 'first' was a 'repo' and I paid pennies on the dollar just so the bank could get rid of the thing.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #117

That sounds almost like I went through when I add looking at a "new" motor home. I called the dealer put money down to hold it, went and looked at it signed all the papers to get the loan started then left to head home. The dealer called me and said they needed more down. When I asked why they have me a lot of bs so I turned around went back to look at the papers. When they put the loan in they put it in for asking price not what we agreed on and never took the money I put down off either. After looking all the paperwork over I say my credit score of a 755 and the loan was approved for full asking price. The dealer was trying to pull a fast one (I think). The deal ended with them refunding my down payment and them not selling the motor home for another 6 months.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #118

UPDATE

Went in today.. Original salesman was lost when I told him about the "gift card". We waited around for nearly 30 min as the finance guy worked on the new contract. Sales manager assured me I would have the "gift card" before I handed them the extra down.

Still waiting......
While we sign everything its 1hour from arrival and still no "gift card". Finally the sales man arrives and hands us a Target gift card for $551 my reply "what the heck is this? We were told it would be in the form of a Visa card". He leaves...1 hour later he arrives "ok I returned the target card, here are 2 gift cards totaling $551".

A minute longer we would have left.... In the end
$4200 off original price
2 years off original term
$31 off the monthly
$551 visa gift card (same amount as extra down requested)

And yes brake control/install

Well we aren't home yet as they will submit all the docs to the bank. But finance guy said "they have no reason to change their minds...AGAIN"

So I'm 99.9% home

Thanks all for the listening ears, the help and the feedback

One local trip under my belt....many more notches to nitch
Joeymozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:44 AM   #119
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #120

iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the update. We will be keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Let us know when it is in the driveway.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #121

Well after almost 2 months, she is mine

Brought her home, well my buddies for storage. And had to use AAA for towing since my FJ Cruiser isn't fully ready. I depended on someone to tow it off until I installed everything needed, but that only prolonged the tow home. So I just got my tow wiring harness in the mail and will shop for a weight distribution hitch very soon. Thanks all for the advise and the patience....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3828458495.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	505.9 KB
ID:	46830

Old 09-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #122
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great looking unit.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Great looking unit.
Thank you

Old 09-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #124

Monaco Owners Club
follow on

I just picked up new to me 2004 Gulfstream 36 feet. Now what I think and what has happend to me this time and other times,had to chance to salesman down he always was dealing with somebody else. Very rude and full of BS. I am retired Military and Banking. A RV dealer can will pull your FICO scores (if you give your Social Security number). The good F&I people can almost tell with in a few minutes what you rates and deal could look like. The best thing to do is arange your financing BEFORE going to any dealer or individual. I use a credit union and they are pretty easy to deal with.

maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote