Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
Bread Maker

My wife wants to add a bread maker to our RV equipment. But our concern is around the noise level. Can anyone out there give me advice on make and model that works well at a low noise level?
Thx, bob

belfast1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
We had our Zojirushi Bread Machine that we carried with us for the longest time before we gave it away to our son and his girlfriend. For us, it wasn't the noise as much as it was the availability of the various flours that we wanted, storage space for the flour and the fact that bread recipes have to be changed to account for changes in altitude or elevation.

If you like really good bread it's going to be a challenge to find it. It's out here, but you have to constantly be on the lookout for it.

btw, I'm looking at it from a Full-time RVer's perspective.

Craig & Donna
2005 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV (aka The Hotel Monterey)
2011 Jeep Liberty Limited
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #3
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bread Maker

Get the book, kneadlessly simple by Nancy Bagget.. Making bread without a machine takes about 24 hrs of wait time. Need an oven in your coach but the bread is much better than a machine. You mix your ingredients, let the bread self knead for about 10 hours. Stir once before bed time, kneads itself over nite. Bake in the am... Unmmmm good.
Rkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We use a Breadman Ultimate. The issue is space, not noise. I find it to be pretty quiet, actually, but it takes up space, whether in use on the counter or table, or stored below. So far it keeps passing the "keeper" test.

Of course, the real problem is that whenever we make yummy fresh bread, we eat it all!
John & Diane, Fulltimers. RVM103 NHSO
On the road since June '12 with Lincoln, the guard cat.
2002 Dutch Star 40, Freightliner, Cat 3126, 2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:58 PM   #5
Thank you, the responses are a great help. We are not full timers yet but plan to within a year. On our shorty trips, so far, we have found it frustrating as we are picky around the bread we eat and it is hard to find good bread without going on the "hunt". We thought a bread maker is the way to go. We do have an oven in our rig so perhaps the handmade version is the way to go. I think we will buy an inexpensive one and put it to the "keeper" test.
Thanks again.
belfast1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #6
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have two, one is a Wel-Built 1 pound model with a round (Cylinderical) bread pan, the other a Salaman BB-1 with a retangular bread pan.

neither is all that noisy... I like the Wel-Built better just now for reasons that have to do with the east of removing the finished product from the pan. however it is an older model... Was eating a slice of its product when I started reading this thread in fact.. just finished making a loaf.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:09 AM   #7
Don't buy a cheap one. You won't like it.

Try a mini Zojirushi Bread Machine. We used it in the MH and Stick and Brick. It makes just the right size for two. we only sopped using it because of the weight we gained.

It is small and quiet, except you can't sleep when it goes through its cycles. They are not very loud, but the starting and stopping will kep you awake.

I have had others and the results were never consistent or very good.

Good Luck!

Wil Andrews
2007 Newmar Kountry Star DP
Cummins ISL, Cummins E-Brake
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote