Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #99

Shih-Tzu. Best dog I've ever had and I've had dogs all my life. loves to please its master, Clean, doesn't bark, smart, easy to train, immediately adapts to any situation, loves people and kids, always happy, loves to play...and loves to RV.
DDRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #100

We decided against the cocker spaniel based on internet info and info from here, a little sad as i think the little dog would have been fine, we chose a sooner/mutt, short haired,small, female i year old, with perked up ears and a tail that curves over the back...we will get her next tuesday and i will try to post pictures. I hope the cocker spaniel gets a good home.
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #101

WilleyB your beautiful Gabby may be a Gordon Setter. She sure is pretty.
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #102

What breed - Shih Tzu

We now have our second Shih Tzu. We picked this breed for full time RV'in because they don't shed, are not yappers, travel well and are comfortable staying in the RV while we go shopping etc in the hot weather. As we do some camp-hosting, we have found that they are also great greeters of the campground guests, especially the kids.

2000 DSDP 38
Homeless Vagabonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #103

We have a chocolate toy poodle, she came with my soon to be wife. I was concerned about traveling with her (the dog) as she is very restless when we go out for the day, she knows that means a walk and chasing her ball.
We could not have a better dog to travel with. Once she gets over the initial theatrics she settles right down in DW's arms or on the seat between us. If she gets restless we know it is time to pull over and let her out.
She has one interesting quirk. At home she uses a training pad which is behind the sofa but will not use it in the trailer. Will hold it but sure wants out in the morning. I suspect she does not like the smell.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #104

A pair of retired racing Greyhounds. They sleep quietly while we're underway...and while we're not underway as well. They are very quiet, virtually never bark. Ours are both 12 now so very little upsets them. While racing, they often traveled but certainly not this comfortably. Give them a fat pad and they're fine. They are just happy to be with us...and we're happy they can be. We are full-timers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	13104  
Old 08-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #105

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We will be traveling full time with our 65 pound German Shepherd Rescue Dog Samantha. (and 3 cats). Yes, we are a bit nutty! I can see the allure of smaller dogs given the space in the RV - it's tight when the slides are in but we will make it work!

-t
geekyexplore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #106

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We travel with a boxer mix (?), 60# rescue from our vet and the dog loves all people - age unknown (9?); a jack Russell that is 10, and lost his elderly people within two years of the other, but they were RVers so he loves to travel. Ollie the cat tolerates travel. They all know when we start packing for the weekend and are at the door waiting impatiently for us to hurry up already.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #107

Two Bouviers.
John3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #108

I lost my aussie Bear who passed at 16 and loved all his days traveling with us.I now have a 4 year old aussie I rescued from a breeder who had him in 10x10 outside pin for the last 4 years and had never socialized him.He has been afraid of everything,I spend time just sitting in the motohome with treats to get him used to it.If I can figure a way to get him used to the low air or air discharge on a diesel we are going to get him on the road .We have not been able to use motorhome for the last 4 months(that's how long we have had him) but time usually will fix everything.
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #109

Fleetwood Owners Club
This thread is truely amazing! The Walmart thread is at 2,300 responses, and was started in 2009. This thread is already over 1,900 reviews and only began on 8/16/11!!!!! Just shows how much everyone loves their pets and enjoy talking about them, plus posting pictures. Nice going Faye!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #110

Dino the GSD (our third). Good dog!. Loves to travel in the MH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ap 6 04 2.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	586.7 KB
ID:	13174  
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #111

We have two Belgian Sheepdogs, about 65 pounds each, and they both love to travel in the RV. Since they are too big to be accepted "legally" in most hotels/motels, the RV fits the bill perfectly.

Tsalla Apopka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #112

Have a Shih-Tzu who after four years owns the coach. Cwood.
cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote