Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #15

I'm actually pretty satisfied with our older layout. Our '97 HR Endeavor has 1 slide on driver side and mid entry. Fore/Aft Olympic Queen 66" X 80" (a bit tight on sides but manageable and doesn't require climbing over bed to get to closets), Separate toilet room. It's quite useable without extending the slide. However, there are only 2 of us plus kitty-cat.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #16

We currently have a 3 slide unit and there is ample room when the slides are in. The only drawback is accessing the lower drawers in the bedroom wall unit. Having said that we probably would never be interested in a unit without slides as we love the spaciousness of our coach. After thinking about this more, I shouldn't have said never because I can envision myself right now in the co-pilot seat of a gently used Prevost.

Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:12 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Twin beds???? and give up my "inbed heater/playtoy.....NOT going to happen!!
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:32 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
Twin beds???? and give up my "inbed heater/playtoy.....NOT going to happen!!
I agree... the dog does generate heat! Not sure the DH would find that funny...
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHg View Post
Agreed......my first RV was a Class C on the sprinter chassis (no slides)....got rid of it quick for Class A with slides so I could sleep at night. Couldn't give me a non-slide RV.

Hhg
Ditto.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Ditto.
"Agreed......my first RV was a Class C on the sprinter chassis (no slides)....got rid of it quick for Class A with slides so I could sleep at night. Couldn't give me a non-slide RV."

Uh ... OK, but a bedroom slide doesn't necessarily provide a good night's sleep. For me, if the bed isn't a Full King, a Cal King, or an Olympic Queen (at least 66" wide X 80" long), I don't want it.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
No slides on ours, would be nice for sure but we are quite happy with ours the way it is. 2 adults and 2 little dogs and 6 different places to sleep!!!!
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #22

slide outs

For our needs, I vote for no slide outs. Just the two of us, no pets and we do not need the extra space and problems. We move around the winter months and do antique car tours in the summer months pulling an enclosed trailer. Also we do not have any awnings. We bought our current Bounder new in 1994 and have almost 197,000 miles. We have looked at other MHs but like what we have. It serves our need very well. The only weak part with the Ford-53 chassis has been the transmisssion.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The DW has mandated the next MH to have a W/D. A slide that I would welcome would be a bunk-bed in slide model which I would convert to W/D and storage. Have not seen one yet but I think it's a cool idea.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hard to imagine not having slides! But, each to his or her own desires. Their are many older Blue Bird conversion's out their. Personally I'll stick with my slides, plenty of room when traveling down the road!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #25

The spaciousness of a class A with slides is the reason DW and I went the A route vs. a class C when we started RV'ing seven years ago. My sales job to my DW of A over C was that it isn't always sunny, warm and dry when camping so you have to take into account being stuck inside when it is less than ideal outside. Our first rig (Allegro) had one large slide and now our Georgetown has 3 and we love it. Yes, we can move around it when the slides are in, which helps if grabbing some shut eye at a rest stop.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #26

If you could get a RV without slides, you would never be able to sell it, or trade it in.
Also we should go back to rotary phones and tube type TV's. As everything advances there are some that just don't like the new stuff. Very common, but that's the way it goes. My wife bought a flip simple phone because she thought it would be less complicated. She hate's her new phone. Now she has a iPhone.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:11 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
If you could get a RV without slides, you would never be able to sell it, or trade it in.
Also we should go back to rotary phones and tube type TV's. As everything advances there are some that just don't like the new stuff. Very common, but that's the way it goes. My wife bought a flip simple phone because she thought it would be less complicated. She hate's her new phone. Now she has a iPhone.

You are just plain WRONG. Non-slides or twins is a different demographic not a non existent demographic. It may represent a smaller piece of the pie but a piece of the pie nevertheless.

That notion that one will never resell it is the very issue that has leaked into the manufactuers design mantra. Focus only on one segment, the empty nester, snow birds.

Fact is many folks make use of a "motor" "home" as those do with a "destination" "home."

As I said tell that to loyal owners of Lazy Daze:
Motorhome Dealer | Low Profile Motorhome | RV Manufacturer | Quality Motorhome
Old 03-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailwing2003 View Post
We are enjoying the beginning of our 4th year and in our 2nd 36' Foretravel. They have built many custom no slide or single slide units, for buyers that wanted to avoid the possible issues.

For us, it's no slides, no leaks or rattles, huge overhead storage, huge pass thru bay storage below, large windows, simple designs that work. Great quality, fit and finish, factory support, and standard features like transmission retarder braking, and larger tanks than on most other brands and models we studied, or see today.

We have spent about 60+ nights a year, split between traveling and longer multi day stays. We have had 7 weeks now with my mom, who loves to travel, enjoys the passenger chair position, and was 85 this year.

I would like to also add to Kasebeau2's original request. Bring back the mid door entry. We are on our second mid door Foretravel. The DW loves having her nest of things, slippers, computer, purse and the dog bed in an area that never gets traffic in and out. The passenger does not have to allow access going in and out. The step cover sliding floor is never any bother to her. Her chair is about a 1' further forward and better for chatting without me turning so far. The mid door is under the main awning in the rain. The mid door is quieter than the front door coaches we have driven. The mid door is usually better placed with most patio setups. It is easy to step out to the BBQ without walking thru the party sitting around the saloon. The mid door step is never far from the ground after we level.

I did not know all that w/ Foretravel and only recently really started to study that brand and have been very impressed. Maybe that is my best option.

And you are SO RIGHT! Love the mid-entry door for all the reasons you stated. Plus I'd add it keeps dinner cooking/grilling segregated to the kitchen area and not through the front parlor. Great points!!!

Tags
slide