Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Buddy Gregg Motorhomes, Knoxville, TN

HI,

I would like to recommend Buddy Gregg in Knoxville, TN as a number one service center.
I was there for some service work recently and they have a fantastic staff of people there including Matt, Lori and Eric in Service, David in Parts and their great technicians. They all are friendly and courteous and know what they are doing.
The Parts Department is well organized and clean and they even have a little lounge area with coffee. Naturally you are not allowed in the Servixe Area but you can see from outside what they are doing and are able to talk to technicians.
One thing I liked was the campground there that you can stay in free of charge while your coach is being worked on. They give you water and electric and there is a dump station too. The lounge building has comfortable seating, cable TV and a washer and dryer along with a rest room.
They service all coaches whether it be a Class B all the way up to Prevosts. There also is a new vehicle lot and they have Monacos and Itasca motorhomes along with travel trailers and by the way they even service trailers and fifth wheels. There also is a detail shop and a body shop.
So if you ever need any work done or want to purchase a new motorhome go to Buddy Greggs Motorhomes at exit 373 off of I-75 in Knoxville, TN, you'll be glad you did.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
They used to have a facility in Lewisville, TX. They're gone now. Good to know they're still there.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi,

I talked to the new owner of Buddy Gregg Motorhomes and he told me Buddy Gregg died and the Texas place was losing money and he couldn't have the lines he wanted so he closed it.

He is a real nice guy and I had a nice chat with him at the Knoxville Facility.

You will definitely like the place and the people there. Their Service people are top notch.

Enjoy!

Old 08-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #4

I called them twice to set up an appointment and they did not return either call...they lost business as I had Ricky come out and fix the slide.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
When did you call them, recently? I had no problem making an appointment with them and they answered the phone right away.

Is it possible you called at lunch time as maybe that day they were away friom their desk at lunch time. How many times did you call?

I have nothing but positive things from Buddy Gregg Motiorhomes and their service dept.

Try again but how come you come all the way to Knoxville, Tn when you live in Illinois. With a Monaco it would be closer to go to the factory.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I've used Buddy Greggs in TN before, and NEVER, let me repeat NEVER will I use those crooks again... Thety charged me for work that they didn't perform, and the dang near caused my coach to go up in smoke. Their poor workmanship is only exceeded by their equally poor customer service.

Work that they were paid for and only halfazz performed:

1) Aqual-Hot service...Had them perform the yearly service, they only did part of the service required. System started spraying diesel fuel when used...Had to have a service center in Utah re do the yearly service, their mechanic showed me where Buddy Gregg failed to change a part and failed to do some of the required service to the unit. The leaking fuel could have caused the coach to catch fire...Called Buddy Gregg about the leak and they tryed to pass it off on a fuel line (without even seeing the coach).

2) Suppose to fix switch that control bay lights...Really a simple fix, I was going to do it, but since it was at Greggs I figured I would let them do it...Just needed a new end on the wire....Got charged for it, I wound up doing it myself, cause Gregg never touched it...

3) Fix crack it in jell coat...Buddy Gregg's body shop fixed the crack but when they painted it left a big run in the paint/clear coat...

I blame myself that I didn't th\ake the time to go over there work when I picked up the coach, but it was in Feb, and it was cold and I was in a hurry to get back home (4.5 hrs away).

As far as Ricky's go...You won't find a better person to work on your RV. He is as honest as they come and I have had him work on my coach a couple of times. Workmanship is OUTSTANDING and price is more than fair.

My score for Buddy Gregg (on a scale of 1-10) would be a -10....For Ricky's RV and 10+.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #7

Tom, I called and it was not over the noon hour. I was put on hold twice and told to leave a message and they would call me back...did that and when they did not respond, I called Ricky and he was there the next day...handled Good Sam for me....and was courteous, quick, and fair priced.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Well guys I don't know what to tell you but they treated me fine. Now they have changed hands since Buddy Gregg died and maybe you guys went there before.

Buddy Gregg has a new Owner and he closed the Buddy Gregg in Texas and is making changes. When did you guys go there?

Who is Ricky's as I have never heard of him and where is he located?

Sorry you guys got such a bad deal but as I have said I was treated fine and they repaired everything to my satisfaction and the Service Writers were just great. The Campground there was good too.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #9

Ricky has an RV repair business in Sevierville, TN. He has years of experience and camping facilities at this shop. Veterans' Blvd. also known as the Sevierville, Pigeon Forge bypass. He has at least 8 employees and is able to keep them all busy...in fact he would like to hire two more. Quick response and excellent workmanship...I had planned on having Buddy Gregg do the work, but I am more than pleased with Ricky. He worked on several coaches, including that of the owner, at Twin Creeks RV Resort in Gatlinburg.