Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #71

Colorado and other states did not think this through. A lot of people like pot and a lot of people do not. Police have a job to do and if you are from the wrong side of the issue they are curious to find out do you use or do you deal or do you obstain.
This debate will go on for ever so I choose no drugs and the police can check all they want because I have nothing to hide. If you get stopped be courteous and allow them to do their job.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsadventure View Post
This debate will go on for ever so I choose no drugs and the police can check all they want because I have nothing to hide. If you get stopped be courteous and allow them to do their job.
That is the exact thought process that got my brother in trouble. He was stuck on the side of the road for an hour and a half. He missed my grandmother's funeral as a result, which was the primary reason for his trip. Of course be courteous, but provide as little information as possible. The only information that can not be used against you is no information.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:35 AM   #73

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Trucker pulls cop over, records him with his camera.---> Cop lies his ass off - YouTube
Old 07-03-2014, 06:08 AM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
We have CO plates on the coach (TNZOFUN) and the toad (BITOFUN), so not exactly conservative. Traveled the Midwest and now in the Northeast and we haven't been pulled over, looked at twice or asked for any pot. I suspect that anyone that is getting pulled over that has CO plates was doing something to get them pulled over or they are the type with bad luck constantly in tow.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #75

Tiffin Owners Club
Here's a good one.

Fake Drug Checkpoints In Cleveland Suburb Catch Real Suspects

Had a patrol car in front of me and one behind me traveling on I-271. Must have determined I was okay as they dropped off after a short period of time.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:52 AM   #76

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrtrcr View Post
Here's a good one.

Fake Drug Checkpoints In Cleveland Suburb Catch Real Suspects

Had a patrol car in front of me and one behind me traveling on I-271. Must have determined I was okay as they dropped off after a short period of time.
While traveling east bound on I70
We seen posted drug check points near Topeka Kansas, there was no one working the check points. I did notice that it was near a ranch exit. When we was coming back traveling west, I seen another one. This time because I sit so high in the MH, I was able to see police cars behind a hill. I was thinking they were waiting for people that had no business exiting the interstate to exit.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #77

I'm really amazed at how cool the officer remained, I only watched half. The trucker talked himself into a ticket, not to bright. The trucker was an as... H..... .

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-06-2014, 11:56 PM   #78

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Grump View Post
I'm really amazed at how cool the officer remained, I only watched half. The trucker talked himself into a ticket, not to bright. The trucker was an as... H..... .

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
If you watch the entire thing you will find out that the cop didn't give the trucker a ticket, probably because he had a camera.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:56 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler6357 View Post
If you watch the entire thing you will find out that the cop didn't give the trucker a ticket, probably because he had a camera.
Actually the officer's attitude changed dramatically after he came back from his car. I think the officer collected himself by have some time to himself in private. I don't think the camera was as much of an issue as it was some time away to re-evaluate the whole situation. Toward the end, my opinion is that the trucker should have chilled down as well, because the officer really backed off. Trucker was still wound up, where the officer had cooled down.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:27 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler6357 View Post
Trucker pulls cop over, records him with his camera.---> Cop lies his ass off - YouTube
Definitely the camera made the difference. The trucker is my kind of guy.
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #81

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
This thread has wandered from between the white lines to out driving around through peoples back yards
The Garmin doesn't even know where we are now.
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:44 AM   #82

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinet View Post
Actually the officer's attitude changed dramatically after he came back from his car. I think the officer collected himself by have some time to himself in private. I don't think the camera was as much of an issue as it was some time away to re-evaluate the whole situation. Toward the end, my opinion is that the trucker should have chilled down as well, because the officer really backed off. Trucker was still wound up, where the officer had cooled down.
The cop's attitude certainly did change dramatically, that's for sure. If it was because he was captured on camera or because he took time to reflect on the situation we really don't know. One thing is for certain, the camera didn't hurt. I do agree that the trucker should have chilled out but it was pretty gutsy to attempt to stop a cop with his horn and rather risky too.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #83

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
It's happening----> https://autos.yahoo.com/news/how-cop...215603712.html
Old 10-13-2014, 07:43 AM   #84

Fleetwood Owners Club
Actually "it" had been happening in FL for many decades. Volusia County had an infamous sheriff Bob Vogel that used profiling to pull citizens over on I 95. The department used any form of fictions reasoning for the stop. The rest of the story is evident no drugs but monies were kept by the department for million dollar helicopters etc. This practice was finally halted after many years when one particular person of power was stopped and her money confiscated. She took the department to court and the practice became nationally known. In fact the prestigious law school Stetson University used this example for study in constitutional law. Now it appears the Feds have been able to circumvent the constitutional rights of citizens under the auspices of homeland security. Not surprising!

Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado