Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2016, 06:04 AM   #15

Whatever you do, do not buy sight unseen, or be prepared to get back on a flight home. Either go there yourself, or pay a professional to inspect the RV before you place a deposit.

The number 1 issue in my book is water damage. If it has it, run away. Just about anything else I can deal with depending on price.

Post up your location, and many here will chime in on decent or not so decent dealers nearby.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2016, 10:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor7 View Post
Whatever you do, do not buy sight unseen, or be prepared to get back on a flight home. Either go there yourself, or pay a professional to inspect the RV before you place a deposit.

The number 1 issue in my book is water damage. If it has it, run away. Just about anything else I can deal with depending on price.

Post up your location, and many here will chime in on decent or not so decent dealers nearby.

I'm in central Florida.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:35 AM   #17

You are in a target rich environment then.....dealers everywhere. I'm no help, escaped FL in 2007. Last thing I bought there was from Lazy Days and it was a 30' bumper pull trailer. No problems at all with the trailer, so I never had to deal with their CS. I will say the size of the place and the selection of campers and motor-homes is impressive.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:37 PM   #18

I've never been under the impression that new RV dealers in Central Florida are low profit operations. I would think better deals might could be found in one of the new RV dealers from Atlanta to Valdosta--along I-75.

Due to the large number of winter campers in Florida, there should be a great used RV market where you live. So many people retire there seasonally and for health (and other) reasons have to sell their units. There are bound to be some large storage lots down there. I remember there were a bunch of RV parks from Lakeland and south--around Sebring.

I'd suggest you making a search on RVTraders.com or other such websites.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:58 PM   #19

FWIW The first problem with a dealer is the cost of being there. Consider the taxes and whatever other ways the local municipality taps the money stream. As the man said, there are no middlemen to bypass so no really better dealer cost. There are better dealer overhead costs though.

As far as local dealer service goes I learned a long time ago that something sold several hundred miles away would probably not come back for warranty unless there was a local tie in. (Relatives, summer place, etc) That meant that a unit could be sold with less markup. OTOH when some yahoo came in wanting warranty work on a unit he purchased somewhere else it cost me money to do the work because of the lower reimbursement rate while blocking customers who bought from me and needed a repair. Guess who was always on the bottom of the priority list.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #20

I bought my toyhauler from RV Wholesalers. I feel like I saved $15,000 vs local buy. I bought mine over the internet, and had it delivered to my house. I was pleased with the deal. I needed some warranty work (replace fresh water tank) and RV Wholesalers arranged for the work to be done locally. The biggest disadvantage when buying this way is that you do not get instructions on all the systems. I am still learning about my trailer (my first RV).

Tags
dealer, sale