RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2016, 11:11 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronk View Post
Simplify, simplify! Request seller deliver (or have delivered) to buyer in LA. We are not talking half way across the country!

Bronk
We are talking 945 miles here from central Florida to sw Louisiana

Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2016, 10:40 AM   #30

I just wanted to update this thread, my bank was able to issue a temporary tag for me to take with me when I fly down tomorrow, I just have to make sure I don't forget it or the cashiers check when I get up at 3 am to drive to the airport in the morning.

Ike

p.s. How do you display a paper temporary tag when you don't have a rear window?

Old 11-01-2016, 11:31 AM   #31
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
I just wanted to update this thread, my bank was able to issue a temporary tag for me to take with me when I fly down tomorrow, I just have to make sure I don't forget it or the cashiers check when I get up at 3 am to drive to the airport in the morning.

Ike

p.s. How do you display a paper temporary tag when you don't have a rear window?
Put it in a zip lock baggie or something like that and attach it as needed. The temp tags I've had in the past were more like cardboard and could survive 30 days hanging on the same bracket as the real plate. Maybe yours is different.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 01:03 PM   #32

Ours are thinner, more cardstock paper type with double sided peel and stick tape strips designed to go in the back window of a car.

p.s. nice looking Congo Grey, I had one named Shadow, she died about 10 years ago at the age of 20 from unknown causes, I have a Red Fronted macaw now, she will turn 10 next summer, wow how time flies.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #33

Quote:

Ike

This appears to be the best possible way to do it. I believe if you had gone to a Florida DMV for a temporary tag, they would have only given it to you after you paid sales tax. Then it is tough to get a reimbursement or credit, if you can get it at all.

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy RVing.

Also, make sure you have insurance dated the day of sale and carry that proof with you. It is the sellers obligation to notify the DMV in his state that the vehicle has been sold so that his liability ceases immediately. I do that within the hour of selling a private vehicle in Florida just as a CYA.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Lucky you, Florida Banks can't issue temporary tags, only dealers and the FL DMV can issue temp tags.

As a buyer I would never accept a cashiers check from the seller. I would only accept one from the bank that issued it and only from a bank employee.

I don't know about states not crediting taxes paid in other states. I would think it would be a well established procedure.
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Isaac, put together an LLC in Montana and don't pay any sales tax. Ha net you wondered why so many high end coach's have Mt.or Or. Plates? Easy to do and legal. Especially when not purchasing in your home state. Mike
JMD VENTURES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:25 PM   #36

I think technically the bank here is registered as an auto dealer mainly so they can sell repo vehicles. As to the cashiers check, the sellers have not mentioned any concern over it, however in this age of forgery I can see the potential for concern. Still I have the loan officers business card including her cell phone and if need be the sellers can call my bank either using the number on the card, or looking up the published phone number online and confirm the authenticity of the cashiers check with the bank and / or confirm the loan officers cell phone number and call her about the check if it is after hours.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:27 PM   #37

You've obviously done due diligence in this transaction. Good luck and happy RVing.
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:41 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD VENTURES View Post
Isaac, put together an LLC in Montana and don't pay any sales tax. Ha net you wondered why so many high end coach's have Mt.or Or. Plates? Easy to do and legal. Especially when not purchasing in your home state. Mike
I had thought about it, and if I were buying a more expensive motor home I might have, but in this case there was a bit of a rush to get the deal done as this one just went up for sale 6 or 7 days ago and I made an offer that was $5,500 below asking, we settled on $4,500 below asking with the agreement that they would hold it until tomorrow without a deposit. Also Louisiana has some on the lowest license plate fees in the country, so while I am getting hit up front for salestax, my annual cost of ownership will likely be lower, and if I keep it long enough that is a wash