Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Camp Club merging w/ Passport America

Dear Camp Club USA Member:

As Chairman of Good Sam Enterprises, I have made a commitment to our loyal members to continuously improve the level of services and benefits we can provide to them. This commitment holds true across all of our clubs and services, including the Good Sam Club, the most trusted brand for RVers, and Camp Club USA, as well as our premier Emergency Roadside Assistance, RV Insurance and Extended Warranty program. In this regard, I have some very important and exciting news to share with you regarding your Camp Club USA membership.

We have negotiated a deal to team with Passport America, whereby you, as a member of Camp Club USA, will have the ability to enjoy the approximately 1,800 campgrounds in the Passport America network where you can save 50% off nightly camping. This combination will provide you with approximately 600 additional campgrounds where you can enjoy discounted camping. As part of this combination, your Camp Club USA membership will be converted to a Passport America membership. We will be working closely with Passport America to insure this transition is a smooth one for you, and going forward we will be offering the Passport America membership to all of our loyal customers and members through our Camping World retail stores and catalogs as well as online.

You either have already received, or will soon receive, a new Passport America membership card, and to show our appreciation for your trust in us, the remaining term of your membership will be extended by Passport America with one additional free month. Additionally, if you elect to extend the term of your membership with Passport America, you will receive a special offer providing you with 3 additional months free. A special toll free phone number (888-522-7519) and email address (Ccusa@PassportAmerica.com) have been established should you have any questions or want to speak to the Passport America team directly. I can assure you will be treated with the greatest of care by their friendly member service team.

If you are already a member of Passport America, you will have the remainder of your membership term in Camp Club USA added to your current Passport America membership with an additional month free. The new membership card you receive will reflect these additional months of membership.

Thank you for your understanding and support of this transition.

Marcus Lemonis
Chairman & CEO
Good Sam Enterprises
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the update. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I got this same letter a few days ago. I have been member of both for several years and hope this merger will be good for all. Since I use both memberships whenever possible, they have saved me a good bit of money on camping fees. As long as they remain at or above the current level of satisfaction, I will stick with them after the merger. Like most clubs like these, if you dont use them, you are wasting money.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Looks like Camping World/Good Sam has gone full circle. We bought our first PA membership at a Camping World. Shortly thereafter, Camp Club USA was launched and PA was tossed out of CW. I used to compare what PA offered vs. Camp Club and always regarded PA as a better value. Mr. Lemonis probably came to the same conclusion, especially if his product wasn't selling as well as he wanted.