Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Camp Kitchens

Foldup camp kitchens,pros,cons, the best,worst? Is it a good investment

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
damdannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have a small gas grill and a coleman stove. That works for me, if this is a camp kitchen then yes you need one and its worth it.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I don't think I've ever seen one. How does it work and what does it include??
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
When we dry camp we have a "camp box" we take along for cooking outside. The box is configured like a minature chuck wagon. It contains a small coleman stove, various cast iron cooking utensils, spices, and other items needed for outside cooking. We enjoy doing the outside cooking thing when weather permits plus it save gas etc.. This box is fairly large and we transport it in the Jeep as that is easiest way. Check around on line and you can find several differnt plans for such a box, or do like I did, just build one to suit your needs. Like I say, we only take it along when dry camping but we do use it a lot. The box just makes it easy since most everything is in one place and convinent.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Similar to this ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
damdannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ours is much more "rustic". The only table I have is a very old folding aluminum one and I sure dont have the counter space, racks etc that one has. The one you posted puts my homemade outfit to shame, that is one nice setup. Looks like it would fold up nicely and take up very little space.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Okay, I see what you are talking about now. That does look handy.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We carry a portable table, grill, etc. which seems to get the job done. I don't see myself getting much use out something like that...but different strokes.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #9
r-v

We use a folding table and cook all outside. Either on an electric Griddle or skillet or pot. We also use an George Forman Grill. We do not dry camp. But electricity where we stay is included.
Attached Images

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Albert Einstein
r-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #10

We have one similar to this that we use instead of having to put everything on the picnic table. I like having the extra prep space.

sandersmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #11

We have something like those shown but the pics are not on this PC. We take the laptop with us to FL and there isn't much on it.

We set up the outdoor kitchen under a First-Up from Wallyworld. We have a double GE Hotplate, a toaster oven, a ice maker, all our cooking "stuff" so we can do most of our cooking outside. We have a 3-table set-up. Of course we also have a small BBQ grill outside. We do as little cooking in the RV as possible.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
We have one like Sandersmr that we bought at a Coleman outlet tent sell for a cheap price. We have used it several times and I am impressed with it. It is lightweight and easy to assemble and disassemble quickly. Worth having in your camping gear.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordiesel250 View Post
We have one like Sandersmr that we bought at a Coleman outlet tent sell for a cheap price. We have used it several times and I am impressed with it. It is lightweight and easy to assemble and disassemble quickly. Worth having in your camping gear.
We also have this one. I agree completely with your assessment. Cheap in price, rich in value: it's light, easy assemble/disassemble, stores well, space for a grill and table/counter space, a shelf, and for night cooking it has a lantern stand. It even holds your paper towels!! We use it almost everytime we camp. Others that we have camped with or near have commented on its usefulness as well.

(Actually, I just looked at it again and, though ours is VERY similar and probably made by the same company, ours is different. It may be the upgraded model. The shelf below on ours is a wire shelf rather than netting. Also, ours has a wire backing above the shelf that has a paper towel holder, utensil holders and a spice rack. All very useful features!!)

DrivinMyHome is offline   Reply With Quote