Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Camperpedic mattresses

Has anyone out there in RV-land ever heard of or done business with a Tennessee company selling something called Camperpedic mattresses. We were looking for a small, custom-sized bunk mattress for our motorhome and saw this ad on Craigslist, with the same ads on Craigslist in Nashville, Knoxville, Huntsville, Ala., and other mid-south cities. E-mailed the address in Lebanon, TN, and got a response from a guy who said he could provide a mattress the size we wanted for a very reasonable price with a 2-year guarantee. The web page showed a very nice looking, professionally finished mattress that looked like those in ads for all the big mattress companies. The web page indicated that Camperpedic mattresses were sold at most of the big RV dealers in the Mid-South, such as Buddy Gregg in Knoxville. The guy we were communicating with said it would cost $50 to ship the mattress to our home. We asked if we could pick it up at the factory since we are close to Lebanon, which is also the home of Cracker Barrel. All sounded good until he asked for payment up front. Then we started asking questions, such as where is the factory. He said he wasn't sure which factory the mattress would come from, nor could he provide us with an address in Lebanon or Carterville, TN, another nearby burg. The company phone number is his cell number. It was beginning to look like a classic Craigslist scam. So I thought I would query forum members to see if they had any dealings with Camperpedic. I plan to call the dealers tomorrow to see if they have any dealings with Camperpedic.
kennyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #2

I think you are right to check this guy out. You thoughts of calling RV dealers is a good ideal. If he says Buddy Gregg RV then give them a call. Since he will not identify factory location, I then think of China.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Call Buddy Gregg and ask.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:08 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
I googled it and came up with a web page Dealers | CamperPedic Mattresses
and BuddyGreg RV is there. Don't if its factual but its there
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #5

I lived in Lebanon TN for 7 years and moved from there 2 years ago. Lebanon is a small town and I think I knew half the people living there and I never heard of this company. Never pre pay. We need a upgrade mattress too by the way so I feel your pain.
Ruddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:09 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
camperpedic

Hey, I may have been unfair in my posting last nigh questioning the legitimacy of Camperpedic mattresses. I have called several dealers asking them if they carried and sold Camperpedic products and they said yes. I probably will order a custom made mattress from them if I can get around the problem of pre-paying for the order with my credit card over the phone. I apologize for raising suspicions but could not get a straight answer about where I would pick up the mattress and where it would be made.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:12 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Before I buy anything I would do a review on the product. Like you I have never heard of this mattress. An it is being advertised on Craigslist which is a little odd. You don't see any reputable dealers such as Toyota advertising for customers on Craigslist. We bought a foam topper at Costco last year and it made all the difference sleeping on the original mattress that came with our rig. Good luck with your mattress search. If it were me I would wait for someone to review the thing before laying out money for something that might just look good but under perform.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:58 AM   #8

I'd buy from a dealer and not a cell phone number off Craig's List.
Most likely he's just an individual ordering from a manufacturer (wherever they may be) and passing it on to you.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:02 AM   #9

Can you order from BuddyGreg? An established dealer would be much safer, and likely easier to resolve any issues after the sale.
LeeRevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:08 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
I googled it and came up with a web page Dealers | CamperPedic Mattresses
and BuddyGreg RV is there. Don't if its factual but its there
You and I both know we could build a website and put each other's name on it as an endorsement and the other wouldn't be the wiser,,,,, till someone called. I hate to see anyone get taken advantage of, but also don't like them passing up a GOOD deal if one comes along. jmo
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:20 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
You should find out what they are made of and what layers they put in the mattress. Foam mattresses can be good, and they can be bad, very bad.

How heavy are you and your sleeping mate? That is going to make a huge difference, unless comfort isn't what you're after.... If you're a fat dude, you gotta take that into consideration. If you're a little skinny dude, you gotta take that into consideration.

Once you find out what the layers are made of, bounce it off of Phoenix at The Mattress Underground - Your best source for information on mattress brands, materials, and choices - that guy knows more about bed construction than all of us combined!
And he answers questions lightening fast! Just go to his forum.

Personally, I have a foam mattress in my bus, and I can't wait to pull it out and put in a dual layer pocketed micro coil.

Foam will ALWAYS break down over time. And if you get the wrong foam from the get go, it will already be too soft, and it will break down faster.

I don't know how old you are either, so do you have any back issues already? Do you have any arthritis? Anything like that? If so, the foam could make that issue far worse and fast.

I know people think coils are a thing of the past, but that's just the foam market trying to sell you something. Todays coils, especially pocketed coils and pocketed micro-coils are the most supportive thing on the plane - like the kind made by Legget & Platt

Here's something else I know about mattresses. If you buy one that's firm, you can always soften it with a wool, cotton or HD Foam topper (see Organic Mattress and Natural Latex Mattress ) and go to their toppers. But if the bed is too soft to start, you're fubar'd on making it firmer - and NOTHING sucks worse than a soft spot in a foam bed under your hips, talk about killing your back!
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:38 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
camperpedic mattress

Thanks for all the advice. I did call Buddy Gregg and several other area dealers listed and they gave me responsive replys. I'll visit one of the stores today to see a display and take a close look at the mattress. Will post what I learn.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyray View Post
Thanks for all the advice. I did call Buddy Gregg and several other area dealers listed and they gave me responsive replys. I'll visit one of the stores today to see a display and take a close look at the mattress. Will post what I learn.
The main complaint I've heard from RV dealers (I spoke with one last week in North Carolina) is turn around time. The guy who owns Camperpedic gets his beds from a local manufacturer in TN. They don't have the equipment to compress and roll their beds. As a result, the manufacturer sends them off to his foam supplier who CAN compress and roll... and then the product is brought back to his manufacturers facility for shipping. All the back and forth between the foam manufacturer and the mattress manufacturer is the cause for the long turn around time.... which as of last week.... was around 4 weeks according to the dealer. Most RV mattress suppliers have a turn around time of about half of that.