Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pick what up, can't ya'll just step over it??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inbredweddin.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	36622  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman CBB View Post
I camp at a lot of public parks that do not have a person on hand at all times so there is not much you can do about people that leave a mess behind except to sigh and clean up there mess for them. I wish more of the parks I camp at would give away free doggie poop bags. But, only one of them does. In the others I usually find something in the garbage that I have thrown away to clean up after my dogs.
You can buy rolls of doggie bags at any pet supply outlet. Some of them come with refillable dispensers that attach to your leash so you always hve them on hand. Much better than having to root around in garbage to find something to pick up with.

datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
You can buy rolls of doggie bags at any pet supply outlet. Some of them come with refillable dispensers that attach to your leash so you always hve them on hand. Much better than having to root around in garbage to find something to pick up with.
Well, there is no pet supply outlets near me. But, I could buy a box of baggie plastic bags and do the same thing. I usually have enough of something like that in my personal garbage that I can use. You can build a shovel out of a pop box lid and use the rest of the box as a container to slide the,,, waste, into. You learn lots of tricks when you have had a dog of some kind for 30 years.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Can't tell ya how many times I have picked up poop left by other individuals when I am walking my furbaby. Gives all of us with pets a bad name.
bdwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #33

It should be simple, when you check in to the campground, they ask how many people in your party. They should also ask if there are any pets, and if the answer is yes, hand them some poop bags and remind them of the rule and the cost if not cleaned when they leave.
Stanleyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #34

Yup, can't fix stupid. Shame, just makes it harder for the rest of us.
Happy Trails.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #35

While I know that responsible pet owners "bag" their poop........I also know that.....

1) Approx. 50% of all households in North America now include at least 1 pet.....and there are more pets in N. America.....and more households (43million) with DOGS than CHILDREN.

2) Major luxury Hotel chains ( 4 Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Weston, Fairmont, etc.) are not stupid and they are welcoming pets! Smart CG are also quickly learning how to effectively. "Manage" not Exclude pets.

3) In fact, we've all probably heard the story of the man who emailed the Hotel to enquire about whether or not his dog would be allowed to stay? He explained that his dog was well behaved, clean, well groomed & not allowed on furniture .....AND ....he knew how to use a poop bag! The Hotel replied that they had been in business over 50yrs and in all that time they'd never had a dog steal their towels, linens, silverware or paintings off the wall.....they 'd never had to call the cops to have a drunk or disorderly dog removed from their premises.....nor had a dog take-off without paying the bill. So....YES....he could bring his dog as long as the dog would vouch for him.

4) Purina recently conducted a study and found that pet owners ( more than 50% of households) would prefer to hang-out with their dog than family or strangers in a CG ( I made-up the last part) "The more people I meet the more I like my dog"

5) Studies (google if you must) show that people who own dogs lead happier and healthier lives ..... Including a better"& more satisfying sex life ( I also made the last part of this up).

So......... If you are uncomfortable with dogs, their habits, their mannerism, their peculiarities and the with the occasional ignorant owner who neglects to pick-up the poo. Good luck in your efforts to have them banned or excluded.... Or even to educate their ignorant owners.......You'll be swimming up stream on this one!
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleyg View Post
It should be simple, when you check in to the campground, they ask how many people in your party. They should also ask if there are any pets, and if the answer is yes, hand them some poop bags and remind them of the rule and the cost if not cleaned when they leave.
You nailed it.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome

Welcome to the age of entitlement.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #38

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
While I know that responsible pet owners "bag" their poop........I also know that.....

1) Approx. 50% of all households in North America now include at least 1 pet.....and there are more pets in N. America.....and more households (43million) with DOGS than CHILDREN.

2) Major luxury Hotel chains ( 4 Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Weston, Fairmont, etc.) are not stupid and they are welcoming pets! Smart CG are also quickly learning how to effectively. "Manage" not Exclude pets.

3) In fact, we've all probably heard the story of the man who emailed the Hotel to enquire about whether or not his dog would be allowed to stay? He explained that his dog was well behaved, clean, well groomed & not allowed on furniture .....AND ....he knew how to use a poop bag! The Hotel replied that they had been in business over 50yrs and in all that time they'd never had a dog steal their towels, linens, silverware or paintings off the wall.....they 'd never had to call the cops to have a drunk or disorderly dog removed from their premises.....nor had a dog take-off without paying the bill. So....YES....he could bring his dog as long as the dog would vouch for him.

4) Purina recently conducted a study and found that pet owners ( more than 50% of households) would prefer to hang-out with their dog than family or strangers in a CG ( I made-up the last part) "The more people I meet the more I like my dog"

5) Studies (google if you must) show that people who own dogs lead happier and healthier lives ..... Including a better"& more satisfying sex life ( I also made the last part of this up).

So......... If you are uncomfortable with dogs, their habits, their mannerism, their peculiarities and the with the occasional ignorant owner who neglects to pick-up the poo. Good luck in your efforts to have them banned or excluded.... Or even to educate their ignorant owners.......You'll be swimming up stream on this one!
Obviously I'm a dog lover but last spring I stayed at a major hotel chain that allows pets. It took me 5 minutes to realize the room was full of fleas, immediate ankle attack! I checked the bed, yup, fleas! I wonder if the previous person was billed for the cleaning! I was very nice about it, just requested a new room. Fleas, ticks, etc., do become an issue in dog friendly hotels.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post

Jack:
It would appear from reading your post that due to the massive numbers of pet owners, good and bad, that it is the non-pet owners that must adjust. We must put up with the poop, barking, fleas, ticks, etc. in hotel rooms, and so on.

I do not recall reading in this thread that anyone was attempting to ban or exclude pet owners. All I read was a desire to see responsible pet ownership and for those that did otherwise to pay for their actions. It could be back billing their credit card for cleanup but in the most extreme case ejected from the camp ground if they failed to respect their fellow campers.

I think that everyone has an expectation that when they rent a campsite, or hotel room, that it will be clean and ready to be occupied. If not, it is the campground/hotel's responsibility to make it right and it is the campground/hotel's responsibility to take whatever action they feel necessary. If the business is pet friendly then they assume the responsibility to provide a clean site/room for all their customers.

Thanks and Happy RVing!
Jack
Old 04-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
We just rolled in from a week-long trip which included a stay at Sandpiper RV Park near the beach at Galveston.

There, according to the park rules, you cannot walk a dog without having a poop bag "visible." There is a fine of $50 if you fail to clean up. The park has cleanup stations scattered amongst the sites.

Nonetheless, our site last week was littered with dried poop.

My theory is that there are several kinds of people who are guilty, here. We have the lazy ones, the head-in the sand types who turn their backs when the dogs go outside, and then the folks for whom any rule is considered trespass on their personal liberties.

Oh yeh, I AM a dog owner. My girls' bombs always went into the bag, during our stay.

[Funny observation: If 90% of rigs come with pets, how come only 5% of advertisements for RVs don't say "No pets"?]
Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
We go to dog shows all the time and it seems I am always arguing with people not picking up after their dog. We are guest there and should leave the grounds the way we find them CLEAN. We are always picking up poop when we find it that someone else leaves it. It just blows my mind how inconsiderate people are.
regvett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #42

No one hates irresponsible dog owners more than responsible dog owners, because we are the ones who get looked at with suspicion while walking our dogs.

datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote