Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #57

Anyone watch show Shark Tank they had a guy who made a cone you put over dog poo attracts flies and they die so hey people are helping you out buy a couple fly cones and no flies on potato salad. . Of course those that fly back no forth well another story. :-)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #58

The campgrounds have a responcability likewise to ensure that the campsites that they are renting out is clean and operational.No different than a motel or hotel. If we encounter a problem with cleanliness or maintenance with a site we go directly back to the office to let them know that either their personal that are checking sites or the last renter did not leave it clean.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, Jack, there are way TOO many STUPID people who own pets and do not take what is their responsibility seriously enough to treat and control them the way I have and most pet owners normally treat their pets.

I am speaking of the ones that never obey the pet rules, let their pets poop wherever they so choose and run wild and out of control without any leash or tether, bark excessively, etc.

For those STUPID people. I have little to none respect or sympathy for them. Maybe those owners should be banned from pet ownership or end up with a frontal lobotomy.

As I stated before, You can't FIX stupid.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 04-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
................ or end up with a frontal lobotomy.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Hahaha......Or they already had it done that's why they are the way they are.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #61

Richard...I agree with your comments relative to irresponsible pet owners. I am just not a fan of the 2 "wrongs" somehow make a "right" solution(s)......particularly when it involves taking one's frustration out on the animal.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:02 AM   #62

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Richard - Mercifully nobody lost an eye or was hauled into court. So it's all good.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:30 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
If the purpose of these last two posts is prove just how stupid people can be then it appears to building momentum. Thankfully this is why we have animal cruelty laws.....regrettably they are seldom enforced in all but the most egregious cases.

" the infliction of suffering or harm upon animals for purposes other than self defence or survival"

I sincerely hope your friend and others like him go to that special place in hell reserved for people prepared to inflict harm upon the innocent.
Hey, it just proves that dogs are smarter than humans! The dogs are not hurt, they just don't like the hot pepper just like people who don't like hot food. Anyway, I am a member of PETA, people eating tasty animals!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Your post reminds me what a friend of mine did at his home in Rochester NY to get rid of a specific neighborhood dog that would constantly knock over his trash can to dig through for scraps of food.

He bought a pound of raw hamburg and mixed a bottle of cayenne pepper with it and placed it inside and on top of the trash can.

From that day forward, when the same dog came strolling down the sidewalk, he would cross over to the other side prior to reaching my friends house.

It left a lasting impression on that dogs digestive track.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
About 50 years ago a friend lived in a up-scale area, and a local dog would crap in his very well manicured lawn. The friend recognized the dog as local but couldn't locate its owner. He baked some brownies, using some exlax, laid a few in his lawn late that night. Next morning they were gone.
A few days later, one on his neighbors complained about their dog crapping all over their new white carpeting in the living room while they were at work.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #65

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
About 50 years ago a friend lived in a up-scale area, and a local dog would crap in his very well manicured lawn. The friend recognized the dog as local but couldn't locate its owner. He baked some brownies, using some exlax, laid a few in his lawn late that night. Next morning they were gone.
A few days later, one on his neighbors complained about their dog crapping all over their new white carpeting in the living room while they were at work.
Just put it in a paper bag,set it on fire in front of their door, knock and run.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #66
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I truely hope this is an urban legend because chocolate is like poison to dogs...even a small amount can cause serious irrepairable damage to a dogs G.I. tract.
Please do not give any dog...even ones let lose, pooing everywhere...any food with chocolate. It is not a painless thing to them and can cause death.

Just do an internet search to see.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #67

He didn't use nearly that amount. Dogs and Chocolate Toxicity The dog was a German Shepard. That was 40 some years ago, I doubt anyone knew about Exlax toxicity.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Obviously I'm a dog lover but last spring I stayed at a major hotel chain that allows pets. It took me 5 minutes to realize the room was full of fleas, immediate ankle attack! I checked the bed, yup, fleas! I wonder if the previous person was billed for the cleaning! I was very nice about it, just requested a new room. Fleas, ticks, etc., do become an issue in dog friendly hotels.
And don't forget Bed Bugs from non-canine contributors...

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote